Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Laurreth's Avatar


Laurreth
12.23.2013 , 09:08 AM | #11
This thread will get locked or deleted in 3… 2…

anyway, it bears repeating that if I'm gonna look at a butt for hours, it might at least be one that's aesthetically pleasing. Thank you.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
12.23.2013 , 09:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post
I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.
/prune juice.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Elmerpl's Avatar


Elmerpl
12.23.2013 , 09:09 AM | #14
I know what you are getting at OP but I can't see it coming, most people are like "meh whatever", most npcs don't have such garments (except dancers/slaves but that is within the cannon), and that is probably most of what you are getting. You threaten to leave the game, I get that some people like you will or already have, but from the business point of view you are a minority, on the other hand think of all the adolescent boys who gets all aroused by being able to dress their female companions in a slave girl outfit and flirt with them. As for your RP guild, if it is RP than the problem is with the players not devs, BW only gives people tools but if and how they use them is up to players.
As for me, I personally have nothing against it, if someone likes to see naked pixels, let them, I usually go with "cool" looks.

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
12.23.2013 , 09:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post
I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.
Well, George Lucas introduced the Sleaze in Return of the Jedi, most of the Comics had someone in shall we say sexy clothing, and the prequels had several instances of it too. So I'm afraid there is plenty of canon for it.

That said, there are several cutscenes that are far too adult for a teen rated game, and I'm not talking about the romance options, which are actually extremely prudish in were they cut off.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
12.23.2013 , 09:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
This thread will get locked or deleted in 3… 2…

anyway, it bears repeating that if I'm gonna look at a butt for hours, it might at least be one that's aesthetically pleasing. Thank you.
Nah, the mods are few in numbers during this period... the inmates run the asylum for now.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Aiobhill's Avatar


Aiobhill
12.23.2013 , 09:16 AM | #18
That would sadly be too long for a guild name, wouldn't it?

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
12.23.2013 , 09:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmerpl View Post
As for me, I personally have nothing against it, if someone likes to see naked pixels, let them, I usually go with "cool" looks.
That pretty much sums up my opinion on it.
I think the "skimpiest" outfits any of my companions (and characters) have are:

Rish wears the relaxed jumpsuit upper half, with the red scalene set making up the lower half (kinda looks like she just decided the chest armor was too bulky and ditched it ).
And Temple wears the unfettered trenchcoat in combination with the Calo Nord's set.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Apeth's Avatar


Apeth
12.23.2013 , 09:30 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres? Sounds like a winning combo to me,
Amen to that my brother.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.