Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul
12.23.2013 , 08:47 AM | #1
I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

For the record, I dont have a problem with the following game content or features:

Same sex companion/master relationships.
Skimpy costume wearing club dancers or even club dancer costumes as long as those costumes look like star wars costumes from the star wars canon.

I do have a problem with sleazy elements from pop culture being injected into SWTOR including big hair, jog bras, tube tops, string bikinis etc. I am not interested in playing some cheezy, teasing adult MMO. Those elements just demean a great game and canon. I want EA/BW to show some respect for the game.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.

For the record, I am not alone in these sentiments. I lead a multi-gaming community with over 2,000 members in WoW, Guild Wars 2, PlanetSide 2 and SWTOR. The leaders and officers of our guilds are in broad agreement with me on this. We have a lot of couples and families in our organization. Our organization is a family-friendly organization and we will not support any game that is not family-friendly.

SenatorPalpaTANG
12.23.2013 , 08:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post
You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.
Ahahahahaha!
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

jedip_enguin
12.23.2013 , 08:57 AM | #3
Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres? Sounds like a winning combo to me,

maxjam
12.23.2013 , 08:58 AM | #4
What about Leia on Jabba's Sailbarge?

Some of the outfits ingame are a bit skimpy and not very practical I'll admit, but if your gf is complaining about half naked SWTOR characters then I would suggest you have bigger problems...

Callaron
12.23.2013 , 09:04 AM | #5
Thanks for the entertainment, OP.
I will keep an eye out for future posts from you.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

PLynkes
12.23.2013 , 09:05 AM | #6
Yes, burqas and hijabs all round, I say! That'll learn the damn hussies!

My young nephew saw Natalie Portman's belly button when he was five, and is now in a young offenders' centre. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Propecius
12.23.2013 , 09:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post
I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.
You could have just stopped after that sentence.

The truth is they're not going to remove that "sleaze" from the game. Too many people have spent too much time and money on it. To remove it now would anger a lot more people than keeping it in.

Sorry, my friend, but it looks like you're going to have to quit. Or possibly get a new girlfriend who isn't threatened by virtual body parts.

Good luck!

Callaron
12.23.2013 , 09:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
Yes, burqas and hijabs all round, I say! That'll learn the damn hussies!

My young nephew saw Natalie Portman's belly button when he was five, and is now in a young offenders' centre. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Natalie Portman. Corrupting our youth one belly button at a time.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

lordspyder
12.23.2013 , 09:06 AM | #9
Go do a search for Darth Talon. I'll wait. Then tell me again how you obviously don't know the Star Wars universe very well and suck at roll playing.

theonetruebleed
12.23.2013 , 09:07 AM | #10
Your girlfriend is broken. Take her back and get a new one. Whilst you're there you might want to get a manhood MOT too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and i'm stripping you of 100 manpoints too. I'm going to go on ahead and assume that's you firmly into negative figures at this point.