Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Mercenary vs. IA Sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BH Mercenary vs. IA Sniper

DarthGrimmlokk
12.22.2011 , 04:24 PM | #1
I need help. I have been playing both an IA Sniper (currently level 15) and a BH Mercenary (currently level 13). I am having a lot of fun playing both, but it's coming to a point where I need to make a choice of which one to concentrate on.

My wife also plays and is already level 16 on her Inquisitor and she doesn't want to wait for me to keep bouncing back and forth. Yes, I do realize I can play both eventually, but I need to choose one to focus on now.

For background, I loved playing a hunter in WoW. I much prefer the ranged damage dealers.

For PvE it seems both are equally viable. Sniper does better single target DPS, but Mercenary is better at clearing groups. Sniper seems a little bit slower and Mercenary seems more straightforward.

The PvE aspect doesn't overly concern me. What I really want to know is which seems more viable in PvP? I think that will ultimately affect my decision.

Any input?

TrikkiOne
12.22.2011 , 05:29 PM | #2
Will you PVP with your wife? If so I'd choose BH...more survivability and better team synergy.

If you're PVPing solo I'd go Sniper.

Delahaye
12.22.2011 , 10:08 PM | #3
I tried both but settled with BH. Bh is easier in pve soloing and can be just as good as sniper in pvp with practice.

Sniper is fun but harder to play well.

Of course IA has the best looking ship and the droid companion.

DarthGrimmlokk
12.23.2011 , 11:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Delahaye View Post
I tried both but settled with BH. Bh is easier in pve soloing and can be just as good as sniper in pvp with practice.

Sniper is fun but harder to play well.

Of course IA has the best looking ship and the droid companion.
And did you go PT or Merc? My BH is currently Merc specced. The BH does seem much more straighforward. No having to worry about cover and such. I'm leaning towards the Mercenary, but it seems there are a ton of BH's and not nearly as many IA's.

Delahaye
12.24.2011 , 12:13 AM | #5
I went with mercenary.

I really wanted to like IA since it is the less common choice but there seemes to be a perfect ability for every situation with the BH and it is a bit more mobile without the cover. some of the abilities require that you stand still though.

Both are really good for PvP.