Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any end-game value to Synthweaving?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is there any end-game value to Synthweaving?

coruscantnights
12.22.2011 , 04:23 PM | #1
Hi everyone. I currently have Synthweaving as my crafting skill, but from what I can tell, Biotech is way more useful at endgame. Artificing seems kind of useful too. (I'm a Jedi Consular/Shadow.)

Does Synth have any endgame value? I don't want to spend lots of time and credits into something that isn't going to help me when I turn 50... on the other hand, those reusable biotech medkits sound pretty nice.
Wake up kids,
We've got the dreamer's disease.
Jedi Shadow, Ebon Hawk

MaqMac
12.22.2011 , 05:01 PM | #2
First off, those reusable medpacs, adrenals and stims have no market value, because only people with leveled up biochem can use them.

Second. the answer is yes, because People will want the rare orange clothes that only crafters can make with very rare schematics.
Crafting Officer Order of the Black Lotus - PvP
"The long-term survival of the human race is at risk as long as it is confined to a single planet...once we spread out into space...our future should be safe."
- Stephan Hawking

coruscantnights
12.22.2011 , 05:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MaqMac View Post
First off, those reusable medpacs, adrenals and stims have no market value, because only people with leveled up biochem can use them.

Second. the answer is yes, because People will want the rare orange clothes that only crafters can make with very rare schematics.
I guess I'm a bit selfish; my focus isn't on making credits, but rather improving my own character's performance. From what I hear, from this standpoint, Synthweaving is useless. Is that true?
Wake up kids,
Jedi Shadow, Ebon Hawk

SolidTempesT
12.22.2011 , 05:25 PM | #4
You can craft and reverse engineer the green level schematics at level 50 into blues, and then into differnet purples, which give you nice stats.

You can also get schematics for nice orange gear which you can mod.

This can benifit your character.

If your looking for more of a guaranteed/direct benifit, biochem will fit that bill better.

Depends on your flavor.

deserttfoxx
12.22.2011 , 05:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SolidTempesT655601
You can craft and reverse engineer the green level schematics at level 50 into blues, and then into differnet purples, which give you nice stats.

You can also get schematics for nice orange gear which you can mod.

This can benifit your character.

If your looking for more of a guaranteed/direct benifit, biochem will fit that bill better.

Depends on your flavor.
No you cant.

Since purple items have a locked armoring slot, low level purples will always be inferior, also, orange gear is purely for looks, so if you dont even want the look, why put in the effort to get the thing to 400. And third, biochem makes insane potions, not just the resueable but all of the blue ones are insane.

I am hardpressed to believe crafted endgame gear will be better or even viable to come by with hardmode flashpoints.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Periodik
12.22.2011 , 06:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx656161
orange gear is purely for looks, so if you dont even want the look, why put in the effort to get the thing to 400.
Not true, all orange gear has slots for mods that can be exchanged and upgraded. Meaning, there could be mods at level 50 that could make your orange gear better then purple gear from flashpoints/ops. Of course, until we have a database that tells us ALL loot from synthweaving and flashpoints/ops, these are just guesses.

deserttfoxx
12.22.2011 , 06:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Periodik657157
Not true, all orange gear has slots for mods that can be exchanged and upgraded. Meaning, there could be mods at level 50 that could make your orange gear better then purple gear from flashpoints/ops. Of course, until we have a database that tells us ALL loot from synthweaving and flashpoints/ops, these are just guesses.
Alright, first you will need to understand the difference between epic gear, and modifiable orange gear.

orange gear is fully modifiable, epic gear can only change the mod and the enhancement slots.

Epic gear comes with a set amount of stats in the armoring slot, the orange gear comes completely empty, im 300 synthweaving, i am not wrong.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

coruscantnights
12.22.2011 , 06:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Alright, first you will need to understand the difference between epic gear, and modifiable orange gear.

orange gear is fully modifiable, epic gear can only change the mod and the enhancement slots.

Epic gear comes with a set amount of stats in the armoring slot, the orange gear comes completely empty, im 300 synthweaving, i am not wrong.
So given that you are very familiar with synth, do you recommend it?
Wake up kids,
Jedi Shadow, Ebon Hawk

deserttfoxx
12.22.2011 , 06:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by coruscantnights View Post
So given that you are very familiar with synth, do you recommend it?
Dude in all honesty im forcing myself to 400 for the bind on pick up stuff. But realistically, if i didnt put this much money into it to begin with, and i wasnt a primary for my guild i would switch to biochem and simple raid for my gear.

klap
12.22.2011 , 06:39 PM | #10
I was planning on getting synthqeaving, but after reading about it and since i plan on mostly pvping, it seems pretty useless. Sure you can make money from it, but notworth the investment imo.