Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What about pre-equipping the Adaptive Armor scaled to level?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
What about pre-equipping the Adaptive Armor scaled to level?

velasong
01.03.2014 , 06:26 AM | #31
had a look through here,and here are my thoughts.
1.all adaptive armor etc bought from the CM only have a level 1 requirement and come with complimentary scaling modifications.These complimentary modifications are BOP and can not be gained from collections,to prevent abusing it for easy free modifications.Also as suggested by the OP with his idea,they will vanish when taken out of the armor.

2.To prevent making crafting crew skills such as Cybertech obsolete for modifications,these modifications have a small 'adaption period'.Starting from the level you get the armor from the CM to about 3 levels later.A small but useful addition that won't destroy crafting Crew skills.

3.Cybertechs etc can craft special adaptive modifications similar to the complimentary CM modifications,the difference being these unique adaptive modifications start from level 1 and cap out at level 8.Allowing low level alts to wear what they want with the stats they would get from quest greens/blues at that level.

3A.The complimentary CM adaptive modifications will count as green/premium modifications.

3B.Cybertech etc don't have this 'limitation' instead being able to craft the modifications like standard modifications with 3 tiers of quality.

I do like the idea of having Adaptive Armor with level appropriate modifications,it would also provide an excuse to add scaling 1-8 modifications for low levels on starter planets.
Whats in a name,it doesn't bring fame.So it's a shame,we're all part of society's game.A need to be known,our fame to be grown.A kiss on the cheek,a paycheck every week.

Orlogg
01.03.2014 , 06:30 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Tslok View Post
WoW want to offer chars upgrade to level 90 for money for example,
They do?? To me that would mean I'd pay to miss most of the fun. In WoW I like questing more than the endgame content. Although I must admit I found it almost unbearably boring to have to go through all these well-known territories like the Barrens, even after the flood. That's why I my Pandabear is still waiting in the Barrens, lol.

I'd rather have WoW and I am sure that I'll feel the same about SWTOR after I have been playing that longer to add more lower level areas, so that not every char has to go through the same root. Iirc there are some level ranges in which you can choose where to go in WoW, but that's not the case for every level range. In SWTOR, it seems my chars sofar have to take the same planetary root, although the Agent sometimes get some nice extras (the space stations).

Orlogg
01.03.2014 , 06:35 AM | #33
On topic: what I (and, as far as I am aware off, all commenters sofar) forgot: Those armor sets can be unlocked for an additional price (typically 33% of the initial price). After that, you can get endless (yet bound-to-character) copies for all your chars.

Provided the OP idea would be implemented, should these additional copies come with in-built, non-reusable modifications too?

Tslok
01.03.2014 , 04:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlogg View Post
Provided the OP idea would be implemented, should these additional copies come with in-built, non-reusable modifications too?
As far as i know the gear that one can allready buy that have mods in it lev 15 and 31 i think, doea not come back from collections with mods but just the shells so it actually be ok to not have mods in it
but anyway why not have the option to buy just a mods kit , i mean let all be as it is right now and just add a mods kit.
or let us buy a commedations pack let's say universal comms that one could change ingame for whatever comms one need...(i can hear you not ultimate comms ...perhaps max elite?)

Orlogg
01.03.2014 , 05:22 PM | #35
As far as i know the gear that one can allready buy that have mods in it lev 15 and 31 i think, doea not come back from collections with mods but just the shells
They do? Afaik additional copies can only be obtained by separate, full-price purchases at the cartel market. I don't think it's possible to get additional copies through the 'collections' (but I'll be very happen to be proven wrong on this please tell me, if so!).

let us buy a commedations pack let's say universal comms that one could change ingame for whatever comms one need...
A lot of players might considered that unfair: being able to spend real money would bypass the need to develop skills.

I'm not sure whether I agree to that objection though...While doing dailies with my lvl 55 is still fun to me, it also takes me about an hour a day, and then I wanna play on my other characters too. Meanwhile, my wife complains that I spend too much time playing games. And personally I'm more into stories and having adventures, and am not extremely interested in the excellence of my skills, so I'd probably welcome it.

But if that would ruin the game for a lot of people who disagree, it wouldn't be worth it.

Tslok
01.04.2014 , 04:05 AM | #36
Hello there,
They do? Afaik additional copies can only be obtained by separate, full-price purchases at the cartel market. I don't think it's possible to get additional copies through the 'collections' (but I'll be very happen to be proven wrong on this please tell me, if so!).
just checked and I was wrong the only obtion is to buy them in CM, i confused them with the mounts where the copies come without the legacy unlock, sorry about that.

A lot of players might considered that unfair: being able to spend real money would bypass the need to develop skills.
I see it as a pure personal choice, having BIS gear does not make one a good player just helps anyway we are not talking about BIS gear

I'm not sure whether I agree to that objection though...While doing dailies with my lvl 55 is still fun to me, it also takes me about an hour a day, and then I wanna play on my other characters too. Meanwhile, my wife complains that I spend too much time playing games. And personally I'm more into stories and having adventures, and am not extremely interested in the excellence of my skills, so I'd probably welcome it.
Doing daillies is fun when you do them on your first char or second but just grinding for hours and hours to gear your pets is not fun anymore and by doing that i'm just getting a aggro wife myself even if i've told her that i'm playing a simple healer not a tank .

But if that would ruin the game for a lot of people who disagree, it wouldn't be worth it.
I really can not understand how could that ruin the game for anyone.Crafting crystals works for me just like crafting mods and enhancements or armorings and i still can sell them and i mean the blues not the artifact ones even if one can buy them with comms or get them via collections (the crystals)
why would be the game ruined if i would spend my real money to get gear mods just to spare me the comms grinding the ones who want to spend would spend the others not, simple as that. and ofc no more aggro wife
the comms pack (not ultimate) would be the best way for me to get what i want and for BW/EA to get my money

OddballEasyEight
01.04.2014 , 04:09 AM | #37
So basically what the OP is asking for is to turn the cartel market into a Pay 2 Win borderline case so that the haters can pour even more fuel on the fire?

No thanx... It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Tslok
01.04.2014 , 06:21 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So basically what the OP is asking for is to turn the cartel market into a Pay 2 Win borderline case so that the haters can pour even more fuel on the fire?

Hey there,
Would you please define Pay2Win for me please?
Imho a p2w situation would only ocur if the gear one would get by paying for it would bring benefits otherwise not available allready ingame like let's say BIS items that none could get ingame by grinding/raids. A situation where one could buy comms(some interchangeable with planetary and/or elite) would be in no way a pay 2 win situtation
it would be just a shortcut to hours of boring grinding same areas again and again.let's see, you want to gear your alts and most ppl i know are farming plantet comms by doing H+ missions or fps geting mods from planet vendors and mailing them to their alts, is that suposed to make me enjoy the game for a looong time? no way.
i enjoy doing new missions, living the adventure, the story etc (and all that by not having aggro wife )
It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway ....you're right it's not it's just boring when you're doing that for the xxx-th time so what i want is just a shortcut
have fun

Orlogg
01.04.2014 , 06:13 PM | #39
Imho a p2w situation would only ocur if the gear one would get by paying for it would bring benefits otherwise not available allready ingame like let's say BIS items that none could get ingame by grinding/raids. A situation where one could buy comms(some interchangeable with planetary and/or elite) would be in no way a pay 2 win situtation
it would be just a shortcut to hours of boring grinding same areas again and again.let's see, you want to gear your alts and most ppl i know are farming plantet comms by doing H+ missions or fps geting mods from planet vendors and mailing them to their alts, is that suposed to make me enjoy the game for a looong time? no way.
i enjoy doing new missions, living the adventure, the story etc (and all that by not having aggro wife )
It really isn't that hard to get proper mods anyway ....you're right it's not it's just boring when you're doing that for the xxx-th time so what i want is just a shortcut
You bring up some good points.

In addition, it *is* hard to get proper mods if you
  1. want to keep up ALL your companions, and in addition
  2. want to have multiple gear sets for several companions

Indeed it gets boring, and also it will take a longer time to get to the point of simply being able to dress your companions up (and have them change every now and then). It would seem fair if the Cartel Store would somehow offer a customized solution for this. It sucks for people with not enough money, but the game isn't build on Marxist theories anyway. Besides, people who cannot afford this, are likely in the position of being unemployed, which means they have a lot more time than people who have jobs (and money) so it seems that both groups of customers would be catered this way. Those with jobs can take a short cut and buy commendations, and those without jobs can play the game 16 hrs a day, every day, to obtain their commendations in-game.

@ Tslok: I like your suggestion (commendations for sale) better than mine. Of course, the commendations should be account-bound (otherwise I presume the economy would derail, although it is hard to predict).

I think it might mildly hurt crafters, but not everybody will buy these commendations. Besides it might be a nice incentive for them to not overprice their products.

Xakthul
01.04.2014 , 11:03 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post

It's not P2W at all. We're just asking for the blank CC items to come with mods so you can use them as soon as you get them. Those mods could be anywhere from on your level to a couple levels below, but it's annoying to have legacy-unlocked items on or below lvl 10, but not be able to use them because you can't get mods.

That's like saying being able to pass unbound adaptive stuff to an alt is unfair.

/tiphat,

Xak
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf