Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just buff the strike fighter.

dancezwithnubz
01.31.2014 , 10:34 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
I particularly like the design of capacitors as is. The optimal choice for your build (and there's always an optimal choice) depends on a lot of factors: playstyle, build goals, player skill, weapon components, and probably a couple others I haven't thought of. I think the benefits of the range capacitor (larger threat radius, extra shots while approaching the target, advantage in head to head combat, etc) are underrated on most weapons (although in fairness the extra shots will always be relatively low damage), and I especially like that you can "graduate" from damage capacitor to frequency capacitor as you get better at quickly lining up shots.
imho Range Capacitors are next to useless. Damage Capacitor is a great place to start when learning GSF, Frequency Capacitor is the top choice once you get some skills on all ships.

Tenacity
02.01.2014 , 02:47 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
imho Range Capacitors are next to useless. Damage Capacitor is a great place to start when learning GSF, Frequency Capacitor is the top choice once you get some skills on all ships.
I went with range capacitors on both of my strike fighter pilots, I've found that the extra range matches my heavy lasers up to my concussion missile range fairly well (heavies still end up having slightly shorter range, but it's nice having the reticule turn red when I'm able to start locking on with missiles) and it gives me an extra second of fire while closing on gunships. Also makes hitting those fleeing scouts easier.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer