Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 10:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
I did this on many occasions. We always find him. The problem is teams are stupid and they always group together to look for him. Gee what should he do? Maybe go closer to the team looking for him? Come on this is not rocket surgery. Split up in different ends of the map, get ready to call out, use AoE.
Again, in smaller arenas it is not that difficult to find the stealther, but in Corellia, it is. Also, I doubt arenas were designed to play hide and seek or to decide the victor by sudden death.

Anyway, I am glad this thread was created for there were helpful posts in it giving advice on how to try to handle the issue. Thank you.

sithBracer
12.20.2013 , 10:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
Again, in smaller arenas it is not that difficult to find the stealther, but in Corellia, it is. Also, I doubt arenas were designed to play hide and seek or to decide the victor by sudden death.

Anyway, I am glad this thread was created for there were helpful posts in it giving advice on how to try to handle the issue. Thank you.
I found him in corellia, tatooine and that place with the catwalk (nar shadaa?). Corellia is by far the easiest, the cat walk being the hardest (but in return it is also the hardest place for the stealther to win).

If he is damaged and escapes and you can't find him in corellia, your team is incompetent. He needs to come out of stealth for at least 4 seconds in order to heal up. If you keep one person on each end they will definitely see him.

Even if you can't all you need to do is stand on top of that box and start spamming AoE when the acid starts sinking in. Your loss was your own fault.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 11:45 AM | #23
If he is damaged and escapes and you can't find him in corellia, your team is incompetent. He needs to come out of stealth for at least 4 seconds in order to heal up. If you keep one person on each end they will definitely see him.

Even if you can't all you need to do is stand on top of that box and start spamming AoE when the acid starts sinking in. Your loss was your own fault.
You are missing the point - the real issue is not whether we find the stealther or not. The point is we do not WANT to find him. I do not believe playing hide and seek until sudden death was part of arena design.

sithBracer
12.20.2013 , 12:06 PM | #24
You are missing the point - the real issue is not whether we find the stealther or not. The point is we do not WANT to find him. I do not believe playing hide and seek until sudden death was part of arena design.
So what are you saying? that this was an unintended consequence? Anyone with half a brain could see this coming. When I first read about the timer and sudden death, it was like the second thing to pop into my head. There was no way bioware did not know this would happen.

And if you don't WANT to find him, then don't. Go to the bathroom, have a coffee. It's only like 2 minutes of your life (and if they were THAT important to you, you wouldn't waste them playing a game).

When the acid starts, go to the eye of the acid and start spamming AoE. Congrats, you won. If you are too incompetent/lazy to do this, then you deserve to lose.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Hei_Atzfel
12.20.2013 , 12:53 PM | #25
Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.
No, I admitted to outsmarting your team.
Warlord Saeari Atzfel - Deception Assassin
Quote: Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Healing was long overdue for a clubbing like a baby seal.
^ General forum's response to Operative healer nerf ^

DanNV
12.20.2013 , 12:59 PM | #26
Actually it looks to be specifically designed in and the sudden death is a design element to keep the matches short.

Personally, I think arenas suck and don't tend to play them. If they disappeared right now I wouldn't miss them in the slightest. However, if you're going to play in them, then you have to learn the strategy and that includes how to deal with stealthers.
REGULATORS

LaVall
12.20.2013 , 03:07 PM | #27
When somebody on my team does it, I'll /say chat his location. I can't stand it when people hold both teams up for 3 minutes for the VERY slim chance they'll outlast everybody at mid.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Rilok_Singz
12.20.2013 , 03:38 PM | #28
Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.
Having 1 or more snipers on you're team and its easily do-able. After reading, the main issues seems that its not unfair per-say, but just a waste of time. 2-3min of you're day and that's if you can't find them doesn't seem worth the headache of Bioware implementing something else that will be most likely broken and possibly exploited when the best way to combat this is annoyance is when your target is say 30%-40%, stun ---> dot ---> aoe's. Chances are you will pop them back out
S h a d o w R i l o k | A s s a s s i n R í l o k
G - Q u i T | C l i c k e r s

Arcadius-Fett
12.20.2013 , 03:38 PM | #29
Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.
That's not an exploit, buddy, he just outwitted the enemy.
Ziara - Vanaden
The Shadowlands

Capt_Beers
12.20.2013 , 03:43 PM | #30
No, they don't. If they aren't in combat they will slowly regain their health. Since they are not taking damage or have the threat of taking damage they don't have to break stealth.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech