Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

Rilok_Singz's Avatar


Rilok_Singz
12.20.2013 , 09:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.
its not exploiting a system, its a l2p issue. Between, gernades, aoes, detection stealth abilities, etc - Stop expecting bioware to play your arena's for you. You cry for a stealth breaker in arena's so let me explain what would happen if this was implimented...

-No stealth classes besides maybe operatives would que which would lead to...-
-not as good of heals from sages who can get bursted down easy after they bubble
-no shadow tanks so all the tanks would be hybrid dps vanguards who are pretty strong right now
-no shadow dps so everyone will most likely jump ship to smash or combat sentinels
-concealment operatives would get another nerf making that class unplayable
-then you start crying because your sage healer cant keep you,himself, or the group up between vanguard hybrids and 10k smashes from sentinels burning the entire group down
R i l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Watch Shadow/Assassin gameplay @ http://www.twitch.tv/rilok919

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
12.20.2013 , 09:13 AM | #12
My favorite is when people do it in lowbie arenas.

It's a crappy tactic for regs which is where it happens the most I would wager. You're not losing any rating your just holding everyone up. I don't really play stealth that much but last I knew of there were ways to avoid the acid so yeah it is an exploit in some cases. Until BW can fix the acid so that it reliably hits everyone no matter where they are stealthing for the whole match shouldn't really be allowed.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

BigDumbViking's Avatar


BigDumbViking
12.20.2013 , 09:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
But it's funny on my op when it goes to sudden death and I win the round by outlasting your team
Please show me a screen shot of this happening... because I've never once seen anyone stealth out during a match and win.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

BigDumbViking's Avatar


BigDumbViking
12.20.2013 , 09:17 AM | #14
In fact, usually, when it happens with Pugs, the other team doesn't want to sit around and wait for 5 minutes so they will call out where the stealther is so we can take him out before the gas.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

Trevor_the_Bruce's Avatar


Trevor_the_Bruce
12.20.2013 , 09:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
I bet you are young, 16-22 years old. Life is too short to waste 2-3 minutes idle in a game.



I doubt the purpose of an arena was to let a team win with first skill after having spent 3 minutes doing nothing. Also, I doubt it is right that a single stealther healer should win against 2 or 3 enemies at full health just because that player hid away for minutes and survived sudden death 1 sec longer.

Anyway, thank you for your responds, now that I realized I should expect stealthers to do this more and more often, I will no longer play arenas.
Don't give up on arena's man, just because a couple of idiots waste others time. It doesn't happen every game, and in the games I've played when it does happen the stealther always loses, cause I tell all our team to stay in the middle and watch our backs. Its pretty hard for a stealther to kill a single person when you got a everyone targeting him.

SenatorPalpaTANG's Avatar


SenatorPalpaTANG
12.20.2013 , 09:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
My favorite is when people do it in lowbie arenas.

It's a crappy tactic for regs which is where it happens the most I would wager. You're not losing any rating your just holding everyone up. I don't really play stealth that much but last I knew of there were ways to avoid the acid so yeah it is an exploit in some cases. Until BW can fix the acid so that it reliably hits everyone no matter where they are stealthing for the whole match shouldn't really be allowed.
It shouldn't be allowed at all. Stalling until gas is a pretty retarded way to decide the outcome of a match and a lot of bad players use (or try to use) it as a crutch.

Like others have mentioned they should take cues from WoW and add stealth detection buffs to the maps.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==°((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

Rilok_Singz's Avatar


Rilok_Singz
12.20.2013 , 09:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDumbViking View Post
Please show me a screen shot of this happening... because I've never once seen anyone stealth out during a match and win.
Its possible. Not easy but possible. Stealther just has to be smart about it. Won't tell you how I do it, but if you know how the mechanics of acid works - a stealther can actually win that match. I think just a tiny bit easier for a shadow to do than an operative because of phase walk but regardless its do-able
R i l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Watch Shadow/Assassin gameplay @ http://www.twitch.tv/rilok919

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 09:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
its not exploiting a system, its a l2p issue. Between, gernades, aoes, detection stealth abilities, etc - Stop expecting bioware to play your arena's for you. You cry for a stealth breaker in arena's so let me explain what would happen if this was implimented...
Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
12.20.2013 , 10:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
My favorite is when people do it in lowbie arenas.

It's a crappy tactic for regs which is where it happens the most I would wager. You're not losing any rating your just holding everyone up. I don't really play stealth that much but last I knew of there were ways to avoid the acid so yeah it is an exploit in some cases. Until BW can fix the acid so that it reliably hits everyone no matter where they are stealthing for the whole match shouldn't really be allowed.
While I agree it is pretty douchy doing it in regs, there is NO WAY to avoid the acid.

What you are talking about only works on stupid people where a shadow gets very close to the enemy team, pops resilience and AoE knocksbacks them and uses phase walk to get away. He is NOT avoiding the acid. He is getting one hit on every member of the enemy and then avoiding being hit himself. Since he has a higher hp % he wins. This is so easy to stop, that if you cannot you deserve to lose.

Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.
I did this on many occasions. We always find him. The problem is teams are stupid and they always group together to look for him. Gee what should he do? Maybe go closer to the team looking for him? Come on this is not rocket surgery. Split up in different ends of the map, get ready to call out, use AoE.

And if all else fails just camp next to the eye of the acid and when it gets close enough start spamming AoE.

Losing to a stealth shadow can happen if he is very careful and your team screws up, but losing to a stealth op healer proves your team is completely incompetent and deserves to lose.

And you can't heal through acid btw. The winner will be the one who has the highest percentage of hp - anything deducted by enemy. None of the acid damage is healable.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

RyderQuanTy's Avatar


RyderQuanTy
12.20.2013 , 10:33 AM | #20
The tie breaker system just needs a tweek say acid does less damage and applys a dot on the entire field at the same time dot does 1st 10 seconds dot does 100dps 20 to 30 500dps if there are o heals the match will end soon enough and if thare are no attacks for say 45 seconds it triggers the tie breaker. The current tie breaker is broken

or the tie breaker is random one could be bezerk attack droids with ranged dps random aoe from the sky how ever it done break stealth to start the fight and add dps slowly help the match along not create cheese mechanics.
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"