Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Internet Disconnecting when I play (Error code 9000)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Internet Disconnecting when I play (Error code 9000)

J-Hunter
12.26.2013 , 03:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
As it is listed as a udp flood you could narrow down if it is on your system by the IP address possibly

Open a command prompt as administrator

netstat -n -p udp -b | more

Press Enter. (the | is obtained by shift-backslash)

Many lines of text will appear associated with programs you have open that require a network connection of some kind (in this case we narrowed it down to UDP connections only).
Sorry for the late reply was busy with the Christmas holidays. All I get when I run that command is:

Active Connections
Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

Imaged Added: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps04c3b231.png

I had visited my parents place for the Christmas Holidays out in the country side so there internet did drop out every now and again but I was able to play without connection failures that I have been having at my house. They are with the same internet provider I am with but have a more up to date modem to counter the country side drop outs. I would like to upgrade to there modem but unfortunately I don't have the money to upgrade that and my ISP won't replace mine apparently seeing as I have had it for awhile.

Still seeing as my other roomies are not having any issues with it, it still must work, just must be something that this modem hates on my laptop, I need to find out what it is I guess.

OwenBrooks
12.26.2013 , 04:47 AM | #22
Is there any usb network adapters you can use on that system ?

J-Hunter
12.26.2013 , 05:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Is there any usb network adapters you can use on that system ?
None came with the modem so if there is any I can use on it I would have to purchase it. I have also tried running swtor through a ethernet cable to see if it was a WiFi issue. The cable had the same results as the wifi.

cpanther
12.26.2013 , 06:08 AM | #24
I had this problem for a while....

Go to ;

Settings / Control Panel / System and security / windows firewall / Advanced settings / inbound rules

Check that SWTOR is allow to receive transmissions.

Also make an exception for SWTOR in you outbound rules.

J-Hunter
12.26.2013 , 06:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cpanther View Post
I had this problem for a while....

Go to ;

Settings / Control Panel / System and security / windows firewall / Advanced settings / inbound rules

Check that SWTOR is allow to receive transmissions.

Also make an exception for SWTOR in you outbound rules.
I gave it a go, I already had a couple inbound rules set for SWTOR but I had no outbound rules so I set a outbound rule for each of the inbound rules I had for it. Sadly this didn't work, thanks anyway.

cpanther
12.26.2013 , 06:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Hunter View Post
I gave it a go, I already had a couple inbound rules set for SWTOR but I had no outbound rules so I set a outbound rule for each of the inbound rules I had for it. Sadly this didn't work, thanks anyway.
Only other thing i can think of is BitRaider, Try to make an exception for it to.

OwenBrooks
12.26.2013 , 06:56 AM | #27
Is a good thought cpanther

also worthwhile disabling IPv6 on the adapter as well - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

J-Hunter
12.26.2013 , 07:09 AM | #28
Made a rule for Bitraider in inbound and outbound, still no luck.

As for disabling the IPv6, would this be required if I have no internet connectivity through it? I only seem to get internet connectivity through IPv4.

OwenBrooks
12.26.2013 , 07:16 AM | #29
Correct some modems have issues handling the packets and as you say it isn't needed at present , I have mine turned off as a matter of default, most issues with home networks the system will see high pings due to unable to handle the packets correctly , flood trigger at the modem maybe a by-product

Just a thought