Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Over-Priced GTN Items

DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 03:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
First there are people that like "trolling" putting item overpriced too much:
revan mask at 1.000.000.000 to show hay dude I have the mask, you suks.

so the way is /ignore

Second there are people that like the risk and make some good money, last time I buy some item at 150k and selled it for 500 each one month later.

Third there are people that lower the price with no sense. I have bought the scout from CM for 50k selled back for 5milion

Fourth there are people the put item in GTN with super low price... vial of isotope at 79k and people sell some of them for 74k... this is with no sense, sell it for 78.9k no? People still buy them.

Personally i have disgust for the fourth type of person... they are really stupid.

well the majority of your group are those that may not understand the rarity or credit value of their item, or do not care and are trying for a quick turn around (quick small profit compared to a maximizing profit but longer wait).

this is the power of the free market. Someone lists a rare/expensive item cheap, people who speculate buy those items, and then relist at higher prices. people get their quick profit, speculators get theirs later on. win win.

horrorfaneightys
12.19.2013 , 03:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
Fourth there are people the put item in GTN with super low price... vial of isotope at 79k and people sell some of them for 74k... this is with no sense, sell it for 78.9k no? People still buy them.

Personally i have disgust for the fourth type of person... they are really stupid.
Do you not think that saying they disgust you is a little bit over the top? There's lots of things in life that disgust me - people selling things for odd prices in a virtual world is not one of them.

On topic - my gunslinger is only at level 36 and already making a decent amount of money. If I want to buy anything in game I could. I just have to save for it, like I would in the real world.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

Elminster_cs
12.19.2013 , 03:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
Do you not think that saying they disgust you is a little bit over the top? There's lots of things in life that disgust me - people selling things for odd prices in a virtual world is not one of them.

On topic - my gunslinger is only at level 36 and already making a decent amount of money. If I want to buy anything in game I could. I just have to save for it, like I would in the real world.
Yeah of course is over the top i was just saying

I can also buy most of the thing, i have near to 60% of the whole collection and never spend a CC.
This is not the point, I think people have to sell better on the GTN
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soon™" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

DarthTHC
12.19.2013 , 03:40 PM | #24
You're making your credits the wrong way if you're turning irl $ into them.

15 million credits is chump change. For many, it's less than a day's GTN sales.

The other response, as has often been stated in this thread, is that if you cannot afford a thing or believe that thing is not worth its asking price, you have entirely within your control the solution. Don't buy it.

Do you write to Ferrari to ask them to drop the prices on their cars to $20,000? Do you write to Gulfstream to ask them to drop the prices on their jets to $50,000? How about writing to Lürssen to ask them to drop the price of a nice custom yacht to an affordable $500,000?

No?

Why not?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

RPetrelli
12.19.2013 , 03:48 PM | #25
I have read all of the posts here and I disagree with soem things. I don't want to dictate anyone's actions and I AGREE with anyone being able to sell for whatever price they want. I do NOT agree with: People do not have an equally fair chance to acquire the items in question. The only way to get the items at this time in game would be to waste an absurdly large amount of real world money to even have an equally fair chance at the item. The item should be available to be acquired in game some how or to be able to be purchased somehow in the game, but simply should not be only acquireable by having to pay someone (another player) an amount of money they do not deserve. Just make the items more readily available. I am putting the hate-bomb comments out of my mind here and focusing on the real problem at hand.

RPetrelli
12.19.2013 , 03:52 PM | #26
comment from a porevious post:

"On topic though. I've resubbed for a few short months now, and without trying to make credits I have about 10 mil. If there was an item I wanted and it was 50 mil I could play with credits in mind and gain that amount in short order. "

This is like spitting in all of our faces as it is a clearly obvious and total lie.

RPetrelli
12.19.2013 , 03:54 PM | #27
" And if you think there aren't plenty of players who can spend 40 mil on an item, you don't know much about working the GTN or the in-game economy. "

The only way to acquire that many creds in a timely matter (months) is to purchase them from third party sites.

MillionsKNives
12.19.2013 , 03:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post
" And if you think there aren't plenty of players who can spend 40 mil on an item, you don't know much about working the GTN or the in-game economy. "

The only way to acquire that many creds in a timely matter (months) is to purchase them from third party sites.
Lying, the perfect defense against reason.

alphazoolou
12.19.2013 , 04:06 PM | #29
I always list items if I am currently the only seller of the item.

2 days ago i bought a item that there were only 3 of talk some friendss into buying the others I relisted mine for3.5 mil even though they generally only sell anywhere from 75k to 200k started spamming gen chat to sell the item obviously no takers however the next day I logged in there were 12 of the same items listed cheapest being 560k i say in gen chat looking to sell item I received a whisper saying "sold" and just like that I made 350% profit.

Drox
12.19.2013 , 04:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post

lol No, it's a matter of playing the market. Either by getting items people really need on your own, or buying/reselling items already on the GTN. It isn't that hard to make credits in this game, if you're willing to go through the trouble and headache that may come with it.