Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Over-Priced GTN Items

RPetrelli
12.19.2013 , 01:51 PM | #1
This post is to address the ongoing problem in the SWTOR MMO of people overpricing items on the GTN. The specific items for today's discussion are Revan's Gloves (currently priced on the GTN at 15 million credits the last time I checked) and Revan's Belt (40 million on gtn the last time I checked). Now, doing the math here, it costs no less than 80 dollars worth of Cartel Coins to be able to to afford a Hypercrate at current market price. If a hypercrate sells at an average of optimistically, 4.5 million credits, a player would then have to buy 4 hypercrates, selling all of them for 4.5 million each just to be able to afford Revan's gloves. That comes to a pricetag of 320 dollars. for Revan's belt, it would cost them 10 hypercrates for 45 million creds. That's 800 dollars just to be able to get that one item! Let's find a way to sel these items for a more reasonable price.

branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post
This post is to address the ongoing problem in the SWTOR MMO of people overpricing items on the GTN.
Here is the solution to "overpriced" items on the GTN: don't buy them.

HTH

ikinai
12.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #3
Supply meet demand. I think you two will be the bestest of friends.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Rileysoph
12.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Here is the solution to o"overpriced" items on the GTN: don't buy them.

HTH
Well he cant buy them anyway cos they're overpriced....

branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
Well he cant buy them anyway cos they're overpriced....
Then his problems are solved.

/thread

mecher
12.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #6
Why do people make these posts?

Nocturnalchemy
12.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #7
At those prices, the items will almost certainly fail to sell. That said, if someone does buy them at those prices, then more power to the seller.

There are plenty of (purely cosmetic) things in this game that I want and, yet, I will never be able to acquire. That's okay. It means I just won't have those things, and my game will go on, none the poorer for it.

DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 01:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post
This post is to address the ongoing problem in the SWTOR MMO of people overpricing items on the GTN. The specific items for today's discussion are Revan's Gloves (currently priced on the GTN at 15 million credits the last time I checked) and Revan's Belt (40 million on gtn the last time I checked). Now, doing the math here, it costs no less than 80 dollars worth of Cartel Coins to be able to to afford a Hypercrate at current market price. If a hypercrate sells at an average of optimistically, 4.5 million credits, a player would then have to buy 4 hypercrates, selling all of them for 4.5 million each just to be able to afford Revan's gloves. That comes to a pricetag of 320 dollars. for Revan's belt, it would cost them 10 hypercrates for 45 million creds. That's 800 dollars just to be able to get that one item! Let's find a way to sel these items for a more reasonable price.
if you don't think its reasonable..don't buy it. Credits are free and fairly easy to come by. Hypercrates are not the only way of getting credits (and 4.5 mil is actualy fairly cheap for a hypercrate given the 1000:1 ratio). A person can ask for any price they want, doesn't mean it will sell at that.

If you see one for 15mil, the ones listed for 3-5 million probably sold already. Item is rare, and hard to find, it probably cost that many hypercates before he was even able to find one and is hoping to get something out of it (in form of credits).

Its not up to you or anyone else (bioware for sure) to tell me or anyone else who much (or how little) we should list something for on the GTN. That is the greatness that is a FREE market. I am free to list any items for what I want, you are free to not purchase that item.

funny how that works out for everyone.

Rileysoph
12.19.2013 , 02:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Then his problems are solved.

/thread
The problem would be solved if people stop selling items at ridiculous prices that no one in their right mind would pay for.

/thread.

branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 02:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mecher View Post
Why do people make these posts?
'Cause they want "item X" but can't afford/don't to pay the price.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
The problem would be solved if people stop selling items at ridiculous prices that no one in their right mind would pay for.

/thread.
The "problem" does not even exist, so no "solving" required. If you want it, buy it if you can afford it. If you can't, get the creds. If you don't want to bother to get the creds, you obviously don't want the item that badly.