Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree Event: King Of the Hill! Dec 26th and 28th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Gree Event: King Of the Hill! Dec 26th and 28th!

DarkDecimator
12.19.2013 , 10:47 AM | #1
Hey everyone,
I decided to try out a new type of event while the gree event is around, so we're going to be playing King of the Hill. Basically your job is going to be to put together the best team of 4 you can, then head to Ilum and hold the pylon in the Gree PvP area for as long as you can.

Yes, I'm aware of the limitations of the PvP area; such as the fact that you can not, intentionally, damage guildies outside of your group. In order to counter this, we highly encourage the forging of alliances to take down the larger groups. Remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend!

Who: Everyone!

What: Put together the best four person team you can and hold the pylon in the Gree PvP are for as long as possible.

When: Dec. 26th and 28th starting at 6pm EST both days.

Where: Ilum's open PvP area

We'll also be trying to make use of a new feature: The open chat server set up by ThaNuls. Check out the details for that HERE!

Thanks everyone! If you want I'll post a list of 4-person teams that confirm they will be there on either or both days. Just follow the format of: Toon Name, <Guild Name>, class, for all four people in the group. Thanks again everyone, see you on Ilum!
Shadowclone
<The Drunk Tanks>
Guild Master (Retired)

Bman_p
12.19.2013 , 12:20 PM | #2
Sign me up!! I probably won't know exactly who the other 3 are until we've already ganked a couple teams.
Huungsolow(sin) Perkaset(operative)
Hungsolowe(sage) Nukky(vanguard) Kannan(sentinel)
KFT/MCL

AlixMV
12.19.2013 , 12:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDecimator View Post
1) The new /worldevent global chat channel that will allow me to talk to both pubs and imps at the same time, to make coordinating easier. So please, type:/cjoin worldevent to join the channel and make things easier
Stumbled on this thread because it was a 'most recent' Server forum post, but wanted to note that custom channels are not, afaik, cross-faction. If an Imp and a Pub toon are both in a custom channel with the same name, only other Imperial or other Republic toons in the channel will be able to seem the talking, respectively.

Unless they've changed the behavior recently, because I've tested this out on my server with a custom channel I started for our Guild and allies.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

DarkDecimator
12.19.2013 , 12:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bman_p View Post
Sign me up!! I probably won't know exactly who the other 3 are until we've already ganked a couple teams.
Sounds good! See you there!

Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Stumbled on this thread because it was a 'most recent' Server forum post, but wanted to note that custom channels are not, afaik, cross-faction. If an Imp and a Pub toon are both in a custom channel with the same name, only other Imperial or other Republic toons in the channel will be able to seem the talking, respectively.

Unless they've changed the behavior recently, because I've tested this out on my server with a custom channel I started for our Guild and allies.
I'll be honest I never tested that aspect entirely. I just assumed since you can join the channel on both factions. Welp, all the more reason to use the voice coms . Thanks for the heads up!
Shadowclone
<The Drunk Tanks>
Guild Master (Retired)

Arcadius-Fett
12.19.2013 , 03:54 PM | #5
Sounds awesome! I'll be sure to swing by and check it out, I'll let my guild know about it.
Ziara - Vanaden
The Shadowlands

DarkDecimator
12.23.2013 , 11:30 AM | #6
Sorry for the lack of in-game advertising the past few days; I've been out of town. So yes, the event is still on (at least for the 26th) and I will be advertising more, in-game, for the event now.

I did run into a problem however. I can no longer be there for the 28th so I'm looking for someone to coordinate both Republic and Imperial sides for that day. If you're interested let me know. It's pretty easy, just make sure everyone knows the event is starting and which instance to be on.
Shadowclone
<The Drunk Tanks>
Guild Master (Retired)

DarkDecimator
12.26.2013 , 11:55 AM | #7
Event is today! Hope to see you all out at the Gree PvP area murdering the S*** outta each other!
Shadowclone
<The Drunk Tanks>
Guild Master (Retired)

kamikrazy
12.26.2013 , 12:15 PM | #8
How will this event work with multiple instances and when they become full?

DarkDecimator
12.26.2013 , 01:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
How will this event work with multiple instances and when they become full?
I'll pick out the least populated instance and tell both sides to go there. That will be the event's primary instance from then on. Once it becomes full, you'll probably have to wait for it to open and/or have some friends on the instance leave the PvP area and invite you to a group/ops group to allow you to transfer.
Shadowclone
<The Drunk Tanks>
Guild Master (Retired)

kamikrazy
12.26.2013 , 01:13 PM | #10
I reckon a lot of the "why did the devs put pvp on a pve server?" crowd will transfer out of the instance so they can actually cap orbs. If they had any cajones though, they'd kamikaze into mid with orbs and try to disrupt the whole thing.