Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Vader Respect Thread!

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
Also Vader could:

Force Scream:

"The medical droids.... had been reduced to scrap by a scream that had torn from Vader's scorched throat on learning of his wife's death." [TRoVD, p. 127]

"tore an anguished moan from him that toppled the rest of the plinths as if they were dominoes" [p. 164]

"'Dooku!' he howled. With such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse." [Labyrinth of Evil, p. 275]

Dooku wonders, "has Skywalker's voiced rage actually called the ceiling down?... Assuming that he had grown powerful enough to had collapsed the dome, the end result was simply further evidence that he would someday undo himself." [p. 300]
As noted, didn't include everything but included a lot still.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kacynski
12.19.2013 , 07:49 PM | #12
Very nice work OP.

OOC so to speak, I think Vader suffers from being the very first villian to be introduced in SW. It was 1977 and CGI did not yet exist. Lucas did a great job with the space battles in ANH, but the Lightsaber duels suffered from the limited movie technology available at that time. In modern movies they also give much more care to melee fighting scenes with bringing martial arts coordinators and all that stuff. In the OT the sword fights look kind of wooden compared to what we are used to see in recent movies.
But even with that said Vader is one of the most iconic villians in pop culture and his mask and signature breathing sound is known to almost everybody, their grandma and cat included. He just didn't get that much screentime as well in OT and many of his feats are only hinted at.
So a thread dedicated to shine some light on why Vader was probably the most feared man in the Galactic Empire is highly appreciated (I guess he was more feared than the Emperor, because he was more visible than the latter).

LordQordisz
12.20.2013 , 01:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
As noted, didn't include everything but included a lot still.
Of course. I apologize. I did not realize you did not want anyone to add on if they knew of anything else. The "bump" to get more thoughts f'ed me up. Pardon my foolishness.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Wolfninjajedi
12.20.2013 , 06:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
Of course. I apologize. I did not realize you did not want anyone to add on if they knew of anything else. The "bump" to get more thoughts f'ed me up. Pardon my foolishness.
No need to apologize. Never said you couldn't add anything, just that I didn't add everything.

Wolfninjajedi
12.20.2013 , 10:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
"Impressive, most impressive."
Thanks.