Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TravelersWay
12.19.2013 , 10:04 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Item prototypes are among the types of things you can see on the Public Test Server. Like all things on the PTS, they are subject to change and in some cases to not make it into the game at all. This happens to be one of those cases. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thank you Eric, that at least is some small measure of comfort by not having this monstrosity make into the game.
Character Page with music and quest lists
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons

This is not a referral link because I am not a needy whore

DarthEshla
12.19.2013 , 10:43 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
it was datamined off the test server by fans. There are a LOT of things that have been datamined over time that never made it to live. It was never advertised, it was never actually obtainable on the test server. It was a placeholder file that was scrapped.

And seriously, you guys really wanted a red nosed tauntaun?

hell yea I did and would have paid big for one.

Aerich
12.19.2013 , 10:48 PM | #63
Agreed, Let's leave the holiday tropes out of the game. As diverse as the Republic is there is no way they could celebrate a Wookiee/Kashyyykian holiday without also celebrating other member's holidays. Considering not only how many species there are in the SW universe but also that individual worlds tend to develop their own unique cultures (and representation within the Republic) well.. I don't think most planets would have enough days in the year to give equal treatment to all. Not to mention this is edging further and further away from Life Day and more towards Christmas. Does it even snow on Kashyyyk? Why is the snow stuff a part of the event at all?

And why the Empire acknowledges Life Day at all is baffling. From their point of view wouldn't it be like me celebrating the New York rat breeding season?
Making plans is a good way to hear god laugh

Elfa
12.20.2013 , 12:24 AM | #64
...and after I already spent 10 bucks on the coins to buy it.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Hyfy
12.20.2013 , 01:04 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I'd rather see them focus their development efforts on something useful they have actually promised us over and over, like chat bubbles than working on a red-nosed tauntaun.
They never promised those "over and over". Really, why make up facts? They said they had issues with them causing a strain on the system and would like to bring them back into game, but they were never promised.

Personally I would prefer to NOT see chat bubbles.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

discbox
12.20.2013 , 02:20 AM | #66
There was to much hate on the internet... that killed the Festive Tauntaun.

Did you know that an other one made it?

-> http://cwacharacter.wikia.com/wiki/F...aunTaun_;D.png
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHvMHwtBU5E

idnewton
12.20.2013 , 03:07 AM | #67
To be honest, I'm a bit glad. In theory you'd always want a vanity item in the game as opposed to not, but unfortunately there's a point at which certain comical fluff is simply not fit for the game.

I, for one, am glad that Bioware recognizes that.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

KyaniteD
12.20.2013 , 04:12 AM | #68
I'm a bit torn about it. At first I thought they can't be serious, but it started to grow on me when the nickname "Rudarth" emerged.

Seeing how the event unfolds now, it would fit perfectly into the merriness. I also know some people were looking forward to gifting it to their SO/kids/siblings etc.
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: Originally Posted by Feargal View Post
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

CommanderKeeva
12.20.2013 , 04:15 AM | #69
My opinion of the red nosed Tauntaun is what the Esh-ka leader said on Belsavis:

"An abomination pollutes us."

I'm glad they scrapped the idea.

Screaming_Ziva
12.20.2013 , 05:24 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
it was datamined off the test server by fans. There are a LOT of things that have been datamined over time that never made it to live. It was never advertised, it was never actually obtainable on the test server. It was a placeholder file that was scrapped.

And seriously, you guys really wanted a red nosed tauntaun?
I think you need to look up the definition of data mining. It was not data mined. It was there in collections for everyone to see.

That said, I'm a little disappointed we won't be seeing it in game. However, I won't actually believe it until Christmas has come and gone and it hasn't shown up.