Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
12.19.2013 , 01:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Look at the mount closely.

Notice the antlers and the bright shining red nose.

Now look up Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. When exactly does Rudolph become pivotal in the folklore?

Yeah -------> Christmas Eve would be my money bet for this mount popping on the CM.. Midnight, December 24.

And let's not forget that they DO NOT need to patch to change CM sales content anymore. The contents on the CM can now be driven by some calendar coding inside the game servers. In other words.. the fact that all the Bioware Staff will be home celebrating Christmas Eve with their families (instead of loading a midnight patch) has ZERO bearing on the Christmas Tauntaun going on sale in the CM.
^This. I can see them selling it from the 24th through maybe the 26th or 31st.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 01:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
Agreed. The snowblower last year was one thing, now we have snowballs on the fleet and a speeder full of presents for this year. I mean, really, one of the joys of playing this game the last two years for me has been not to see holiday nonsense like that. As much as I have been a fanboi of the game up to this point, this has crossed the line for me. A Rudolph Tauntaun would have been the last straw.
If it bothers you to see others playing a game the way they enjoy playing it, I suggest you play solo games.

DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 01:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If it bothers you to see others playing a game the way they enjoy playing it, I suggest you play solo games.
if everyone that hated this game did that..these forums woudl be rather empty...

branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 02:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
if everyone that hated this game did that..these forums woudl be rather empty...
Everyone who really does hate the game already does not play. No one engages in a voluntary leisure activity they truly do not like.

Andryah
12.19.2013 , 02:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
True, but the game would not be.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

ikinai
12.19.2013 , 02:45 PM | #26
Ooooh, Life Day Taun Taun got ran over by a wookiee riding bantha!
On our way home on Life Day eve!
Now you may say there's no such thing as Wookiee Claus!
As for me and Taun Taun we believe!
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

EricMusco
12.19.2013 , 03:06 PM | #27 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Item prototypes are among the types of things you can see on the Public Test Server. Like all things on the PTS, they are subject to change and in some cases to not make it into the game at all. This happens to be one of those cases. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlienEyeTX
12.19.2013 , 03:09 PM | #28
Hey folks,

Item prototypes are among the types of things you can see on the Public Test Server. Like all things on the PTS, they are subject to change and in some cases to not make it into the game at all. This happens to be one of those cases. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Noooooooooo!

This is the only item so far that I would have been happy to drop $10-20 on. HUMBUG!
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

mecher
12.19.2013 , 03:13 PM | #29
So confirmed this horror will not appear ingame?

DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 03:15 PM | #30
Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric
but...but....our Dec.24 conspiracy fit so well, was logical, imaginative....and apparently wrong

<-World, shattered!!!