Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
12.22.2013 , 06:15 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by mecher View Post
So confirmed this horror will not appear ingame?
So you'll have to be satisfied with the "horror" of people riding their Sleigh Is all over the place.

mecher's Avatar


mecher
12.22.2013 , 07:24 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So you'll have to be satisfied with the "horror" of people riding their Sleigh Is all over the place.

Nice strawman.

MadHobbit's Avatar


MadHobbit
12.22.2013 , 10:42 PM | #113
how about instead of a mount , the head only gets mounted on your personal star ship?have it hanging over the escape pod door?

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.23.2013 , 12:40 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So you'll have to be satisfied with the "horror" of people riding their Sleigh Is all over the place.

The Sleigh isn't bad. The Celebrator on the other hand... *shudders*
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Elvaddo's Avatar


Elvaddo
12.24.2013 , 05:31 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
All of this is true, but the fact is that this is a Star Wars game, and there are certain guidelines to games as lore-centered as this one. As lose as those guidelines can be, at times...
Wookie Life Day is a LORE. It's a "canon" for Star Wars Lore.

This is L-canon (from Lucas) . He thought up this holiday.
This is T-canon (television SW shows). The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 TV movie set. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/
This is M-canon (SW movies). The movie actors enjoy it. poster here

So... stop whining ppls. This is lore-oriented game. This is not Xmas. This is Wookie Life Day. This is our likely lore.

Youtube prooflink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5v3VJ4zPM

P.S. and....whatta f Bioware...where my Red-Nose tauntaun and Winter Warrior title? /angry

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
12.24.2013 , 09:57 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The Sleigh isn't bad. The Celebrator on the other hand... *shudders*
Heh. I like the Celebrator. It is like riding a snow blowing tractor. It is good for a few days then... it goes back in the collection until next year.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
12.24.2013 , 01:16 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvaddo View Post
Wookie Life Day is a LORE. It's a "canon" for Star Wars Lore.

This is L-canon (from Lucas) . He thought up this holiday.
This is T-canon (television SW shows). The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 TV movie set. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/
This is M-canon (SW movies). The movie actors enjoy it. poster here

So...shut up and stop whining. This is lore-oriented game. This is not Xmas. This is Wookie Life Day. This is our likely lore.

Youtube prooflink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5v3VJ4zPM
Excuse me, elvaddo, I would most emphatically recommend you follow the conversation before making judgmental and insulting comments. My comment, this conversation, and the thread itself were and are based around the Christmas Tauntaun. The fact that you happen to know Life Day is lore (and the delusion you have that no one else knows the same) is hardly reason enough to barge into a thread you have no prior posts in and make an insulting, incorrect, and off-topic post.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +26,000

noobchoco's Avatar


noobchoco
12.25.2013 , 01:19 AM | #118
christmas tauntaun would've been epic

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
12.26.2013 , 02:13 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvaddo View Post
Who not follow, me? Or You?
So...Life Day ( and stop repeating "christmas", no any christmas here just Wookee Life Day) is a canon lore. It's a fact. So.... Life Day looks like Xmas Day on planet Earth. So....why wookiees cannot have any red-nosed animal? Not "Chrismas Tauntaun" as You said, but Special Life Day Red-Nose tauntaun. Cant see any problem here, except one red-nose hater named idnewton.

P.S. sorry my bad english. I hope that was understandable.
If english isn't your first language, why are you arguing technicalities? You would benefit from, you know, actually reading what I said, for once in your life.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +26,000

McSomething's Avatar


McSomething
12.26.2013 , 05:36 PM | #120
I was kinda hoping it would make it in, just to see the subsequent bawing on the boards.