Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Eric? Update as promised?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DogEyedBoy's Avatar


DogEyedBoy
12.19.2013 , 02:15 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Me too. I really hope we get proper traditional KotOR Jedi robes.

Jaizo's Avatar


Jaizo
12.19.2013 , 02:33 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

I hope that answers your question!

-eric
WHY WHY WHY CARTEL MARKET! ALWAYS THE CARTEL MARKET!
Can't this just be a damn drop or something we can farm?

Wrzaskun's Avatar


Wrzaskun
12.19.2013 , 03:16 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaizo View Post
WHY WHY WHY CARTEL MARKET! ALWAYS THE CARTEL MARKET!
Can't this just be a damn drop or something we can farm?
Well... you can farm creds and then buy it on GTN. Ends up the same thing, only that while you farm the cash by doing daily quests you also get a chance to earn rep. It's not perfect, but you know what they say - devs gotta eat too.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.19.2013 , 03:25 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Oh, I get it... you make a fuss when you don't get what you want and then you insult others who ask for stuff in the same way you do.
That's nice.
Nah, he probably just read one to many of Traviss's novels and went Dark Side.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Sportiva's Avatar


Sportiva
12.19.2013 , 04:01 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
No problem, there are all of 0 outfits that are "similar" to the ones in the movies if you go by the (very) strict demands you have on the jedi outfits.
I'll let you stew in your bitterness while I am content in knowing that BW at least is attempting to make a sizable chunk of their player base happy. I'll never quite understand your objection to people that have requested traditional Jedi robes:
1) the robes are certainly in keeping with the lore
2) BW 's business model is based on the CM so it's a great opportunity for them to make money which improves the health of the game
3) even if there are many definitions of "traditional Jedi robes" that gives BW. A chance to create multiple CM offerings with minimal incremental efforts.

When BW first introduced the Relnex set, I was pretty happy because I saw it as a step in the right direction. I only got frustrated with BW after they stopped introducing new similar item, and instead started producing reskins of Huttball uniforms, armor sets with glowing lights, space janitor armor sets, etc.

The player base has been routinely requesting simpler armor sets (not just Jedi attire but also for Sith and other classes), the clamor for "traditional Jedi robes" is just an offshoot of this trend.

But getting back to you because you seem like a decent enough fellow; I have to ask why do you hate yourself so much? You seem to be a pretty intelligent and articulate person; you must have a lot going for you in your life. I think if you let go of your resentment of other people's enjoyment of this game, you'd probably discover that you are having more fun with the game as well.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.19.2013 , 04:41 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
So I'm assuming your art team is busy adding flaps, shoulder pads and ungodly backpacks to the robes as we speak? Ah, thought so.
Oh Force forbid! :l

I won't mind KotOR 1 robes as long as we'll get KotOR 2 ones, too! I suspect KotOR 1 to be the direct purchase one.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Y-Yorle's Avatar


Y-Yorle
12.19.2013 , 05:05 AM | #57
I just hope we'll finally get the Jedi Knight "Character Creation" armor as it's the only one still missing in the cartel market and I REALLY would like a Battlelord Armor set with the hood down.

And yeah, I know we had the Valiant Jedi set as a replacement, but Sith Warriors als got both their trailer armor set AND character creation set.
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
12.19.2013 , 05:19 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Oh Force forbid! :l

I won't mind KotOR 1 robes as long as we'll get KotOR 2 ones, too! I suspect KotOR 1 to be the direct purchase one.
I wouldn't worry..
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
12.19.2013 , 05:33 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I'll let you stew in your bitterness while I am content in knowing that BW at least is attempting to make a sizable chunk of their player base happy. I'll never quite understand your objection to people that have requested traditional Jedi robes:
1) the robes are certainly in keeping with the lore
2) BW 's business model is based on the CM so it's a great opportunity for them to make money which improves the health of the game
3) even if there are many definitions of "traditional Jedi robes" that gives BW. A chance to create multiple CM offerings with minimal incremental efforts.

When BW first introduced the Relnex set, I was pretty happy because I saw it as a step in the right direction. I only got frustrated with BW after they stopped introducing new similar item, and instead started producing reskins of Huttball uniforms, armor sets with glowing lights, space janitor armor sets, etc.

The player base has been routinely requesting simpler armor sets (not just Jedi attire but also for Sith and other classes), the clamor for "traditional Jedi robes" is just an offshoot of this trend.

But getting back to you because you seem like a decent enough fellow; I have to ask why do you hate yourself so much? You seem to be a pretty intelligent and articulate person; you must have a lot going for you in your life. I think if you let go of your resentment of other people's enjoyment of this game, you'd probably discover that you are having more fun with the game as well.
It's funny how you didn't actually respond to my post there.
Where are these outfits the other classes have that are oh-so similar to the movies?
Please, feel free to point them out.

And as I have stated (repeatedly) before, I don't mind requests, but I do mind demands. And most people in the other thread about this subject are in fact demanding that bioware implement exact replicas of the KotOR robes or the movie robes.
It's not enough that the robes in the game look close enough to classic jedi robes, no they have to be exactly like the robes in KotOR/the movies.
I mean, the demands list (and yes, they are demands) is pretty flimsy.
Lets see what people are demanding bioware change about the robes.
1: they want long sleaves instead of short ones.
2: they want the belt inside the robe, not outside.
3: they want the inner "robe" to go below the belt as well
4: no patterns whatsoever.

That's pretty much the whole demands list. And they are nit-picky demands.

But I am perfectly fine with people wanting this. I'm perfectly fine with people wishing bioware to implement this in future designs.
I am not fine with people demanding that it is done to gratiate their own petty needs because they can't look exactly like the jedi in the movies/KotOR.
I am not fine with people claiming that all the other classes have outfits that are just like the ones in the movies, because they don't.

This is why I even bother to post in that other thread (and now this one since it has become the new "gimme kotor outfits" thread). Not because I have something against the KotOR outfits, not because I have something against any of the posters, not because I want to ruin other peoples ideás.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

QuiDonJorn's Avatar


QuiDonJorn
12.19.2013 , 05:35 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!
... I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in....

-eric
Ooooh, Eric. I'm definately not one to make a fuss over it (I don't care, I may wear them for awhile), but seriously, I'm thinking that if the team really doesn't do just that (copy paste Obi-Wan/Anakin's ep.2 look in), it's not going to stop.


Quote:
But but but.... why not copy Obi Wan, he is the awesome of the awesomest
I'm willing to pay for good looking robes... And I don't think there is a lore reason why this is not possible. Nor any "technical" difficulty.. they are rather simple. Valiant Jedi Armor is awesome though. Making more gear in that style is also good

The Relnex set is kinda dull, too dull. And that horrible belt... please, don't ever put belts above the robe


p.s. Ragnos robe is step in the right direction too, with them nice sleeves.
Quote:
Kudos Eric! Now I can shut up. Loving you for the update

ERIC!!!! REMEMBER!! HOOD DOWN

Make you sure you tell them!

Otherwise i unsub...

Who wants to bet that Bioware will troll me?