Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars: Attack Squadron


Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.17.2013 , 01:42 PM | #1
Something that caught my eye, Disney have announced a new Star Wars game called Attack Squadron:

Get ready to pilot -- and make some special modifications to -- some of the most famous starships in the galaxy. Disney Interactive announced today the first details for the upcoming online game Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, and has invited fans to sign up for a chance to join the action during beta tests in the new year.

The new title is a free-to-play, open web, space combat game offering an intense multiplayer battle experience where players can customize and tune popular Star Wars ships, including the Rebel Alliance's X-wing fighter or the Empire's TIE Interceptor. In Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, players will enter exciting dogfighting action with up to 16 players at a time as they maneuver through iconic Star Wars locations. Future ships, environments, and game details will be announced in the coming weeks.


Click here to the read the full article, watch the trailer and sign up for beta.

Looks pretty intriguing if you ask me, and will probably give Galactic Starfighter a run for its money... which I have yet to give a go, has anyone else? Is it any good?

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #2
*Scrolls down the Star Wars Discussion front page*

Riiiiiiiight, no other thread on this one

No but seriously, this looks awesome
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.17.2013 , 01:47 PM | #3
If anyone manages to sign up for Beta, can you put the link here?

For some people the Button saying "Join the Beta" is void, doesnt redirect or anything...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
12.17.2013 , 02:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
If anyone manages to sign up for Beta, can you put the link here?

For some people the Button saying "Join the Beta" is void, doesnt redirect or anything...
You should be already eligable for Beta, when you sign up. That's what happened with me.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.17.2013 , 02:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
You should be already eligable for Beta, when you sign up. That's what happened with me.
Yeh, but I can't click the button to even do that.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
12.17.2013 , 03:30 PM | #6
Is this what you were looking for Sel? See if that works.

So I'm all signed up and got the email saying they'll notify me if I get in. Now we wait...
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.17.2013 , 04:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Is this what you were looking for Sel? See if that works.

So I'm all signed up and got the email saying they'll notify me if I get in. Now we wait...
Not quite, when I get to that page, there's a "Join the Beta!" button. I can click on it once, after that I can't. When I look at the bottom left of my screen, where it tells you what the link will take you to, it says:

JavaScriptvoid0);

So basically, can anyone give me the link to the specific sign up page Like, yadayada.org/Sign_Up
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

LtBombshell's Avatar


LtBombshell
12.17.2013 , 06:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Not quite, when I get to that page, there's a "Join the Beta!" button. I can click on it once, after that I can't. When I look at the bottom left of my screen, where it tells you what the link will take you to, it says:

JavaScriptvoid0);

So basically, can anyone give me the link to the specific sign up page Like, yadayada.org/Sign_Up
Try again. It was doing that for me to, but somehow it worked somewhere in there. I figure the button wasn't working because of heavy site traffic (I imagine lots of people were trying to sign up for the beta too).

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
12.17.2013 , 07:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Something that caught my eye, Disney have announced a new Star Wars game called Attack Squadron:

Get ready to pilot -- and make some special modifications to -- some of the most famous starships in the galaxy. Disney Interactive announced today the first details for the upcoming online game Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, and has invited fans to sign up for a chance to join the action during beta tests in the new year.

The new title is a free-to-play, open web, space combat game offering an intense multiplayer battle experience where players can customize and tune popular Star Wars ships, including the Rebel Alliance's X-wing fighter or the Empire's TIE Interceptor. In Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, players will enter exciting dogfighting action with up to 16 players at a time as they maneuver through iconic Star Wars locations. Future ships, environments, and game details will be announced in the coming weeks.


Click here to the read the full article, watch the trailer and sign up for beta.

Looks pretty intriguing if you ask me, and will probably give Galactic Starfighter a run for its money... which I have yet to give a go, has anyone else? Is it any good?
GSF is quite fun if you ask me, espestually if you are playing a dog-fighting equiped scout (I prefer to run a Sting with light laser cannons with almost instant regenerating directional shields. Very good for making glancing blows and recoveries a snitch)
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
12.17.2013 , 10:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
GSF is quite fun if you ask me, espestually if you are playing a dog-fighting equiped scout (I prefer to run a Sting with light laser cannons with almost instant regenerating directional shields. Very good for making glancing blows and recoveries a snitch)
I just orbit-camp sats with my max-health GS.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf