Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

ekwalizer
01.28.2016 , 01:07 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by WildWeasal View Post
i am hear to second that ...i was confused as hell till i read this ...thank you so dam much ..woot!!!! I do have one final question so just to be clear what is the magic number for Pve gear? nothing over 192?
162 was the sweet spot in 3.x. That was the initial reward gear for the FA arc.

My guess is that it is 190; because that is the insta-60 starter gear. With 164 being entry into level 60 PvP in 3.0, and 204 being now the blue 200s might be the sweet spot.

I'd like a firm answer on this too. I have truck loads of old 172-198 suits in legacy shells. I'll have a look and report back.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

ZombieElvisTwo
01.28.2016 , 02:28 PM | #642
Does bolster work even at 65?

Ruhun
01.29.2016 , 12:46 PM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieElvisTwo View Post
Does bolster work even at 65?
Yes. Gear that is 190 or below will give you bolster.
Disappointed in the Cooking of the Duck Meat
Begeren Colony - Shadowlands

Rouakh
03.16.2016 , 04:03 AM | #644
Funny thing. Something tells me that augmented 208 gear is less effective not auged 204 :/ Anyway It aint feels like bother with gear is so big deal. With the tiny amount of wz comms you need, bw coukd alredy remove that ugly bolster out of 65lvl pvp. It allways was broken.

BenduKundalini
05.11.2016 , 07:29 AM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouakh View Post
Funny thing. Something tells me that augmented 208 gear is less effective not auged 204 :/ Anyway It aint feels like bother with gear is so big deal. With the tiny amount of wz comms you need, bw coukd alredy remove that ugly bolster out of 65lvl pvp. It allways was broken.
You certainly lose on hit points if you equip augs without endurance on it, given that no augs = default fantom blue fortitude 40s (end + power)

As for me I carried out an experiment on two servers and it failed so hard.

Created chars called "Bestbolster pvpstuff" and sold 12 pages of 190 greens on the GTN. That's a lot of work, selling for less than the proposed price of 13k at 9999 credits... 2% of it doesn't return to me unsold, tops.

ThrakhathSpawn
06.07.2016 , 01:05 AM | #646
I took some 192 set pieces into a WZ and equipped in the starting area. Anything over 190 dropped expertise.

My overall crit and health went higher as I replaced 186 augs with 208's.