Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

Ottoattack
12.18.2013 , 11:35 AM | #41
Correct me if I am wrong, but bolster does not work on endurance at lvl 55. So your endurance inside and outside the WZ does not change; at least in lvl 58 gear and above.

I ran into a problem with the bolster that I can't explain. My PT MH (PvE) has 66 barrel, 66 mod and 61 enhancement at full expertise. When I switch the enhancement to 66, I lost roughly 50 expertise, which is not possible considering that the enhancement provided around 40 total expertise. My OH has 61 armoring, 66 mode and 63 enhancement. When I change the armoring or the enhancement I ran into the same issue. I still can't explain why.

My merc has PvE OH with 69 barrel, 66 mod and 58 enhancement with full expertise. I tried to use the 69 in the main barrel, but every time I lose substantial expertise. Again, can't explain.

Tankqull
12.18.2013 , 11:38 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but bolster does not work on endurance at lvl 55. So your endurance inside and outside the WZ does not change; at least in lvl 58 gear and above.
the fleet station is somehow bolstered now too... (ive got the exakt same stats in and outside a wz/arena/ilum but my expertise stat (wich is only bolstered in pvp areas).

and they silently nerfed bolster effectivity, ive lost ~50points in all my stats. from before to after patch.

Tankqull
12.18.2013 , 11:48 AM | #43
I ran into a problem with the bolster that I can't explain. My PT MH (PvE) has 66 barrel, 66 mod and 61 enhancement at full expertise. When I switch the enhancement to 66, I lost roughly 50 expertise, which is not possible considering that the enhancement provided around 40 total expertise.
nope thats correct when you swiththe enhc to 66 you have 3x 66 sloted wich is in a "different" bolster tier where you will recieve lower expertise.
Quote:
My OH has 61 armoring, 66 mode and 63 enhancement. When I change the armoring or the enhancement I ran into the same issue. I still can't explain why.

My merc has PvE OH with 69 barrel, 66 mod and 58 enhancement with full expertise. I tried to use the 69 in the main barrel, but every time I lose substantial expertise. Again, can't explain.
the "system is quite simple" add all 3 mod lvls /3 must be <than 65 to obtain full expertise.
61+66+63=190/3 = 63.33 full exp
(69+66+63)/3= 66 reduced exp

T-Assassin
12.18.2013 , 11:48 AM | #44

I ran into a problem with the bolster that I can't explain. My PT MH (PvE) has 66 barrel, 66 mod and 61 enhancement at full expertise. When I switch the enhancement to 66, I lost roughly 50 expertise, which is not possible considering that the enhancement provided around 40 total expertise. My OH has 61 armoring, 66 mode and 63 enhancement. When I change the armoring or the enhancement I ran into the same issue. I still can't explain why.

here's what I believe:

Conq = 65. 65x3=195

Therefore, any combination (whether it be weapon or armor) cannot exceed a combined total of 195 or it will effect your EXP.

So, MH/OH combination of 69/66/58 (193) will yield 2018 expertise...Although, I cannot verify 69/63/63 (195) will yield the same, as I n00bishly overwrote all my 63 mods/enhancements w/ Conq gear, as it was slightly better.

I can testify 69/66/58 > Conq MH/OH on my VG, in terms of DPS/DMG.

If I can get my hands on some 63's, I will experiment more. Currently, 69/66/58 seems BiS for PvE gear in a bolstered PvP environment.

Purples, of course...No self-respecting l33t gamers uses blues at end-game
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

T-Assassin
12.18.2013 , 11:51 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
the "system is quite simple" add all 3 mod lvls /3 must be <than 65 to obtain full expertise.
61+66+63=190/3 = 63.33 full exp
(69+66+63)/3= 66 reduced exp
I believe this to be true as well.

69/66/58 = 193 no EXP penalty

69/63/63 = 195 not sure, if EXP penalty (need mods/enh to verify)

anything greater than 195 = EXP penalty.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Tankqull
12.18.2013 , 11:57 AM | #46
as 69+63+63 does not recieve full exp it seems it must be truly smaller than an average of lvl65 or sum of 195.

L-RANDLE
12.18.2013 , 11:57 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
the fleet station is somehow bolstered now too... (ive got the exakt same stats in and outside a wz/arena/ilum but my expertise stat (wich is only bolstered in pvp areas).

and they silently nerfed bolster effectivity, ive lost ~50points in all my stats. from before to after patch.
Can you be more specific in what "all stats" mean? I didnt get to really look at anything after the patch, but I assume you mean you had a main and HP drops, but even that could depend on what PvE pieces you have on. I think we need to narrow down which of the three areas, MH/OH, non-weapon modifiable, or non modifiable was affected.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

AMulls
12.18.2013 , 12:25 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
here's what I believe:

Conq = 65. 65x3=195

Therefore, any combination (whether it be weapon or armor) cannot exceed a combined total of 195 or it will effect your EXP.

So, MH/OH combination of 69/66/58 (193) will yield 2018 expertise...Although, I cannot verify 69/63/63 (195) will yield the same, as I n00bishly overwrote all my 63 mods/enhancements w/ Conq gear, as it was slightly better.

I can testify 69/66/58 > Conq MH/OH on my VG, in terms of DPS/DMG.

If I can get my hands on some 63's, I will experiment more. Currently, 69/66/58 seems BiS for PvE gear in a bolstered PvP environment.

Purples, of course...No self-respecting l33t gamers uses blues at end-game
This is awesome. I'll do some checking of my own when I get a chance.

Does this hold true only for weapons/offhands? Or does it work for armor, too?

Tankqull
12.18.2013 , 12:26 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Can you be more specific in what "all stats" mean? I didnt get to really look at anything after the patch, but I assume you mean you had a main and HP drops, but even that could depend on what PvE pieces you have on. I think we need to narrow down which of the three areas, MH/OH, non-weapon modifiable, or non modifiable was affected.
to be more precise im using 2 times 63/63/66 pve(gloves/boots) items everything else full obroan, lost sth like 20main stat from 303x (x=6 i believe) down to 3014. endu from 2,7k down to 2682, regarding a thread i did in my gild forum ive lost 13.3points in healing power and 0.28% surgevalue but gained 0.01% alacrity.

L-RANDLE
12.18.2013 , 12:57 PM | #50
Can anyone confirm this for weapons as well?

Also, for the people having this issue, I am curious as to where Obroan stands versus this.

This reminds me of when Obroan came out. I had mostly partisan gear on, but my EXP dropped after the patch even though I was wearing the same stuff. I was like ***....

BW.... /facepalm
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango