Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it easier to solo with Treek or Kaliyo ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Is it easier to solo with Treek or Kaliyo ?

timewyrm
12.16.2013 , 04:54 PM | #1
Currently level 27 op, and just about to start Tatooine.

I've been trying to solo Athiss, but I can't get past the last boss. I'm staying back and letting Kaliyo do all the work, while I heal her. but I'm starting to wonder if it'd be easier with Treek ?

Current build is 5/13/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401McZMfd0d.3

Both of us are in orange gear, with the highest level mods.

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 05:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by timewyrm View Post
Currently level 27 op, and just about to start Tatooine.

I've been trying to solo Athiss, but I can't get past the last boss. I'm staying back and letting Kaliyo do all the work, while I heal her. but I'm starting to wonder if it'd be easier with Treek ?

Current build is 5/13/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401McZMfd0d.3

Both of us are in orange gear, with the highest level mods.
If it's a tank it doesn't really matter, gear matters... now since you have the companion geared there are other tricks you can use to guarantee the win.

1. Legacy skills; If you have legacy skills that you obtained from another character boss fights would be a GREAT time to see just how stupid strong they are. Force choke is laughably overpowered as is orbital strike, and BH flame skill, beating a champ boss is easy with it....

2. Use your stuns to help kaliyo/treek out whenever possible, anything you can do to reduce damage your tank takes helps.

3. Don't forget about flash bang, that gives you 10 seconds to heal Kaliyo up to full (UNLESS said boss is immune to CC/stuns) But not all champ level bosses are.

4. Help kaliyo/treek DPS as much as possible without bleeding your energy dry so you can heal her. Keep rifle shot going at all times, with an ocasional damage skill thrown in say every 3-4 seconds which gives your energy enough time to regen the used skill.

5. Focus on HOT healing, keep hots going at all times, you will not burn energy doing this... only burst heal when you absolutely have to.

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 05:14 PM | #3
Also your build is all wrong, if you want kaliyo to do the work, then let kaliyo do the work, spec out of DPS, and switch to heals... you'll find healing laughably boring.

Try someting like this next time; http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MfcrzMZ0z.3

Advice try it against gold npcs in the world first till you get the hang of it.

The trick of this is hot healing, keep them up at all times, and use diagnostic scan WHILE those HOT's tick.

Only burst heal when you absolutely have to.

timewyrm
12.16.2013 , 05:19 PM | #4
Thanks!

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 05:28 PM | #5
Also remember just because you are heal spec'd doesn't mean you can't use Shiv, and debilitate from time to time either. along with your corrosive dart if you have that skill.

timewyrm
12.16.2013 , 06:07 PM | #6
Yeah, I do. The only reason I specced into concealment, was that I was pulling aggro in flashpoints when I was healing Kaliyo.

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 06:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by timewyrm View Post
Yeah, I do. The only reason I specced into concealment, was that I was pulling aggro in flashpoints when I was healing Kaliyo.
Ya healers pull tons of agro... but some instances are designed to hate on healers, it's part of the mechanics.

timewyrm
12.16.2013 , 07:05 PM | #8
I see. Thanks for the info.

timewyrm
12.17.2013 , 09:13 AM | #9
If I'm playing my char as a healer, should I focus primarily on Endurance rather than Cunning (as op is squishy) ? What other primary and secondary stats should I focus on as a healer ?