Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation mechanics on 300ms lag for APAC players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Operation mechanics on 300ms lag for APAC players

-Jay-
12.16.2013 , 03:52 AM | #1
Next patch that includes operations that do not make allowance for APAC players at the latency they now have. Consider my account /un-subscribed never to return. I am not saying it is impossible, its simply significantly harder and takes any fun out of the game. Tonight was a night where 250ms less latency would have been another boss kill. Instead we saw constant rubber banding.

It is beyond a joke.

RikuvonDrake
12.16.2013 , 02:24 PM | #2
What do you suggest that Bioware does? =)

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Jstgetitovrwith
12.16.2013 , 08:08 PM | #3
He's letting them know that certain mechanics in a few of the new operations are a lot harder with the lag APAC players experience, Corruptor Zero's anti-grav field is one that comes to mind, another can be the aggro dump on Draxus, the simplification on Tyrans, the puddles on Bestia, and the knockback on Raptus. these mechanics aren;t hard to grasp, but executing them with that amount of lag is suffering, And before someone tells us to just jump once we're out of AOEs, that doesn;t help when it takes the server 300ms to actually register that jump.

AshlaBoga
12.16.2013 , 10:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jstgetitovrwith View Post
He's letting them know that certain mechanics in a few of the new operations are a lot harder with the lag APAC players experience, Corruptor Zero's anti-grav field is one that comes to mind, another can be the aggro dump on Draxus, the simplification on Tyrans, the puddles on Bestia, and the knockback on Raptus. these mechanics aren;t hard to grasp, but executing them with that amount of lag is suffering, And before someone tells us to just jump once we're out of AOEs, that doesn;t help when it takes the server 300ms to actually register that jump.
HM DF/DP is still better than NiM TFB/SV with lag.

You lag 300ms (which is A LOT even in just HM DF/DP) on NiM TFB/SV you are a crispy dead Jawa.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Jstgetitovrwith
12.16.2013 , 11:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
HM DF/DP is still better than NiM TFB/SV with lag.

You lag 300ms (which is A LOT even in just HM DF/DP) on NiM TFB/SV you are a crispy dead Jawa.
A Nim EC I did a few days ago was interesting, catching those interrupts at the start was a nightmare (pun intended)
The only real fix would be to bring back the APAC servers, but that isn't happening. still not sure why they got rid of them, the community spirit was great.

AshlaBoga
12.16.2013 , 11:15 PM | #6
A Nim EC I did a few days ago was interesting, catching those interrupts at the start was a nightmare (pun intended)
The only real fix would be to bring back the APAC servers, but that isn't happening. still not sure why they got rid of them, the community spirit was great.
I heard they wanted to use them for other EA games
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

-Jay-
12.17.2013 , 03:34 AM | #7
Pretty much. If you make the decision to introduce 300ms lag for subscribers on the other side of the world. Than you bloody well better not introduce mechanics like those listed above in game unless you want them to un-subscribe. It makes the challenge impossible so what's the point of playing?

Normally I cant wait for SWTOR content updates, but honestly this time around. I am cringing at the fact that nightmare mode is going to be the new content. Hard Mode DP/DF has been a nightmare as is.

commanderpaul
12.17.2013 , 05:25 AM | #8
i'm apac (brisbane) and have had no probs in hm and nim content

Jstgetitovrwith
12.17.2013 , 05:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderpaul View Post
i'm apac (brisbane) and have had no probs in hm and nim content
It's not that we've all had problems, it's the fact we have to work so much harder to complete the same content and output the same numbers. basically, there comes a point where all you can really improve is your connection, and by sheer distance it can never be as good as our west coast colleagues.

jack__
12.17.2013 , 05:47 AM | #10
The most annoying mechanic I have found as an APAC player is Corrupter Zero's Anti-Grav Field. As a melee dps it is almost impossible to dodge since even though on my end I am out of the AOE, server side I am not.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln