Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account wide friend list

jaysor
12.15.2013 , 11:34 PM | #1
Bioware,

I play 5 toons in pvp regulary. I'm what you call an altoholic. I have many characters and play most of them fairly often.
I also have 20+ people on my friend list, either real Friends or people that I pvp with.

Can you come up with a system that i wont have to re-add all my friends to my friend list every time i log onto a new character, its really annoying if you have to logout, log in to an other character to check whats the name of your friend's alt name.

Sorry for my bad english and i hope i'm clear... It would be so much easier and would save so much time. Im sure many of you feel the same way.

Do not tell me it is a wow feature, go play wow if you want real ID... I play swtor. Please bioware, do it.
Xheos
-Intensity-

tanktest
12.15.2013 , 11:49 PM | #2
gonna add to this , hope its not off topic add pub/imp toons on our account to the list or let us ..

dancezwithnubz
12.16.2013 , 12:05 AM | #3
+1.

when I /friend someone, I'd like to /friend their whole legacy, not just that one toon. It's that PLAYER i'm friends with, not that one 'toon.
likewise, if I /ignore some goon, I'd like my entire legacy to be /ignoring their entire legacy.

AdrianDmitruk
12.16.2013 , 01:50 AM | #4
/sign

Especially would be helpful when friending someone who has a special character in their name due to name taken issues. That kind of place on a friends list is unduly difficult to manually replicate on alts, especially given the game's lack of support for copy/pasting a selection from the friends pane.
Huttball Season Ticket Holders | Huttball Ticket Scalpers
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Star Forge (originally from Begeren Colony)
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

jaysor
12.16.2013 , 02:35 AM | #5
If I want to add someone to my friend list that i pvp alot with , I have to log on my 6-7 characters and add the same person to each, plus his alts to see whe he is online, so my main has 20+ friends and my alts only have 5-6 because i cannot recall all their names with the stranges accents or silly name like that Guy on POT5 called nomomommomom or something like that... So i basically have to write the name down on a piece of paper to remember it or copy and paste it...

Please Bioware, we're almost in 2014, if you want to compete with the biggest MMOs out there, details like that actually matters alot.
Xheos
-Intensity-

Mubrak
12.16.2013 , 02:57 AM | #6
I'm all for the original suggestion, making it easier to add friends to all my alts, but not the other way round.

Adding a player's whole legacy to my friends list opens the doors to cyberstalking, especially with the current system where everyone is able to "befriend" you without you geting informed let alone having a say in it. I for one like to be left alone and do my thing from time to time without having to explain myself, in real life as well as ingame. If you are really a friend and accept this, I might even tell you the names of my alts.

BTW:
Under "documents\username\Local Settings\Application Data\}SWTOR\swtor\settings" there is a file named "*_charname_LocalSocialSettings.ini" for each of your chars. There you can copy/paste this char's friends.

(You can also add your own chars from the other faction to that list to make it easier to send them mails)

jaysor
12.16.2013 , 05:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
I'm all for the original suggestion, making it easier to add friends to all my alts, but not the other way round.

Adding a player's whole legacy to my friends list opens the doors to cyberstalking, especially with the current system where everyone is able to "befriend" you without you geting informed let alone having a say in it. I for one like to be left alone and do my thing from time to time without having to explain myself, in real life as well as ingame. If you are really a friend and accept this, I might even tell you the names of my alts.

BTW:
Under "documents\username\Local Settings\Application Data\}SWTOR\swtor\settings" there is a file named "*_charname_LocalSocialSettings.ini" for each of your chars. There you can copy/paste this char's friends.

(You can also add your own chars from the other faction to that list to make it easier to send them mails)

They could add an offline mode, where you simply appears offline to your friends and can be left alone doing whatever you want or on which char you are..

Ty for the file name tho i will try it
Xheos
-Intensity-

branmakmuffin
12.16.2013 , 12:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
+1.

when I /friend someone, I'd like to /friend their whole legacy, not just that one toon. It's that PLAYER i'm friends with, not that one 'toon.
likewise, if I /ignore some goon, I'd like my entire legacy to be /ignoring their entire legacy.
No, that's not what the OP is about. It's about adding a friend to all of his characters without having to add the friend on each of his characters. That's a good idea and works that way in other games.

Without certain restrictions, what you suggest would become a tool for griefing and harassment.

Quote: Originally Posted by jaysor View Post
They could add an offline mode, where you simply appears offline to your friends and can be left alone doing whatever you want or on which char you are.
Supposing I don't want you to know at all that in addition to Bran'mak'muffin, I have another character called Banana'mak'muffin. Your "offline don't bother me" thing won't solve that. What would solve it is if friending involved you sending me a friend request (to whatever character I am online with) and then I select which of my characters are allowed to be added to your friends list.

Oneirophrenia
12.16.2013 , 02:56 PM | #9
I concur. A legacy friendship option would be a big plus.

TOR is no longer a "new" game after nearly 2 years and many players have multiple characters to occupy their time with. Having to /friend half a dozen characters belonging to the same player is a pain which is amplified if you have multiple characters yourself.

Of course some people may not want to let everyone know who they are on at all times so the existing "one character at a time" option should be retained. In exchange, give us a new legacy friend tab with a whole new command line such as /lfriend or something. After all, what is the point of making legacy names unique if not for this purpose? It's not as if this is a new concept within the MMO world as an old game like CoH/CoV already had it many many years ago and that game was anything but a technological marvel.

jaysor
12.16.2013 , 02:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Supposing I don't want you to know at all that in addition to Bran'mak'muffin, I have another character called Banana'mak'muffin. Your "offline don't bother me" thing won't solve that. What would solve it is if friending involved you sending me a friend request (to whatever character I am online with) and then I select which of my characters are allowed to be added to your friends list.
but you could agree that most people (including me) wouldn't really use it. I mean, If I decide to add a friend to the account wide ''system'' it's because It's a friend, therefore, it doesn't really bother me if he see which character i'm playing.

I mean the RealID system from Blizzard works great, you have a offline/busy/away mode, you add people that you really care about on RealID and other people are just added the old fashioned way by adding the character name to the friend list so you only see when that player is online/offline.

I'm not asking for a replica of the RealID system, I think if we had an Account Wide friend list system in-game, it would already be a step foward..
Xheos
-Intensity-