Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are Flashfires/Stings not Overwhelmingly OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How are Flashfires/Stings not Overwhelmingly OP?

Loadsamunny
11.04.2014 , 07:31 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Shortly.
Gunships are OP (except maybe T2)
Bombers are OP
Scouts are OP. (T1 isn't in my opinion)

I'd say that buffing strikes would solve the problem. Give them distortion field and burst laser cannon and they will do perfectly.
But most strikes already have Heavy Lasers, which are clearly superior to Bursts, having higher accuracy, damage, and MUCH higher range. They are the king of lasers for jousting and making runs at gunships and defense turrets.

I really, REALLY wish Flashfire (or any Scout) had access to heavy lasers.

Ryuku-sama
11.04.2014 , 07:55 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamunny View Post
But most strikes already have Heavy Lasers, which are clearly superior to Bursts, having higher accuracy, damage, and MUCH higher range. They are the king of lasers for jousting and making runs at gunships and defense turrets.

HLC have much lower accuracy than BLC at their respective effective range. HLC is made to work between 200m and 6000m; BLC, under 2500m. One BLC shot hit for about 800-900 damage. One HLC shot hit for about 400. HLC DPS is at 706-662 in its best range. BLC DPS go up to 1017.

Learn your math before saying non sense.

Also, HLC has much HIGHER tracking penality.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Asbetos
11.04.2014 , 08:00 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
HLC have much lower accuracy than BLC at their respective effective range. HLC is made to work between 200m and 6000m; BLC, under 2500m. One BLC shot hit for about 800-900 damage. One HLC shot hit for about 400. HLC DPS is at 706-662 in its best range. BLC DPS go up to 1017.

Learn your math before saying non sense.

Also, HLC has much HIGHER tracking penality.
I understood him sarcastically. He wasn't? O.o
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

Ryuku-sama
11.04.2014 , 08:01 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
I understood him sarcastically. He wasn't? O.o
He wasn't.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Asbetos
11.04.2014 , 08:03 AM | #265
Yeah, figured after I read the post in the other topic.
The Progenitor

Loadsamunny
11.04.2014 , 08:05 AM | #266
Numbers don't lie, and the numbers on the Detailed Tooltip say that Heavys have a higher range, accuracy, and DPS than Bursts.

SammyGStatus
11.04.2014 , 08:13 AM | #267
Numbers don't lie, and the numbers on the Detailed Tooltip say that Heavys have a higher range, accuracy, and DPS than Bursts.
I've never seen an incorrect tooltip
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Ryuku-sama
11.04.2014 , 08:15 AM | #268
Compare BLC effective range (500m) with HLC effective range (over 2000m).... Sure at 4000m, BLC are crap... But they are meant to be used under 2000m

Asbetos
11.04.2014 , 08:18 AM | #269
Yes, HLC has higher DPS (per tooltip) at 500m than BLC at 3000m, however BLC does ~300 more at 500m AND has a times lower tracking penalty (2% HLC v 0.5% BLC) AND 10% more accuracy (105% BLC v 115% HLC). In other words: let me see you hit something with HLC at 500m.

Numbers don't lie... If one knows how to interpret them. Just look at the average pay in various countries. Yes, strictly looking it is true, but you can't measure the standard of a country based on that.
The Progenitor

Verain
11.04.2014 , 09:42 AM | #270
But most strikes already have Heavy Lasers, which are clearly superior to Bursts,

Man, he sure got a lot of you with this.

Quote:
See how he's in a thread about scout balance (albeit a crappy one) asking for scout buffs? Did he get you?
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."