Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suicides after combat damage - do something to discourage it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Suicides after combat damage - do something to discourage it

Verain
12.16.2013 , 05:54 AM | #11
Someone who suicides to "deny you a kill" doesn't really help his cause or hurt yours.

The problem is the tactical suicide is generally too strong. Ex: you are out of missiles. No way to reload, and the moment your satellite is safe you run into it. With fast respawn, you are back in the action with missiles.

Essentially the game needs a slightly larger death penalty or benefit granted to the enemy team.

Trishlicious
12.16.2013 , 05:56 AM | #12
Sometimes trying to get away I might accidentally run into something; retro thrusting or other move might push me into a wall I did not know was there. You can not punish people for this because those who might do it on accident will also be affected. If the player wants to take themselves out then that is their choice and not a judgement you should be making.

willfarlow
12.16.2013 , 06:28 AM | #13
Even if they are pulling a "banzai" to deny another player a kill, well, so what? I mean, it is a little chicken-s&$t, but whatever, it doesn't really affect the match except to the other side's slight advantage.
If they are hawking the boards SO much that they'd rather have to re-spawn than give a kill, then they suck as team players.
Of course, they MIGHT be suiciding so that they can come back with a fresh, full load of missiles and a new hull...which is also a bit lame, but at least more understandable.
Pete:Wait a minute, who elected you leader of this outfit?
Everett:Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.
"O Brother, Where Art Thou?"