Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anybody else noticed?

ElectricMethod
12.16.2013 , 12:15 PM | #81
In all honesty I tend to stay out of posting in the forums here because they are so toxic. It's almost assured that one will get flamed by someone over ideas ranging from the petty to large scale issues. Heck, I've been around since the closed beta tests, to early access and launch and this has remained a consistent issue with these forums. Toxicity.

Moreover, I'd just rather play the game than come in some forum and rant and rave about how A.) Either I like the game or B.) Dump a laundry list of issues in a non-constructive fashion. When I get bored I unsub. When I have tech issues I go to support, if it doesn't get resolved I unsub and leave comments in the unsub box.

GalacticKegger
12.16.2013 , 01:14 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
As one of the "usual posters", I agree 100% with you on this entire topic. I think the level of insults and increased attacks on people is going largely unchecked and is doing more to cause a toxic community than any other issue. The "cool" thing seems to be to troll and antagonize people who comment incorrectly on anything about the game.

I find it disgusting tbh. I think it's reprehensible that Bioware allows a few trolls, defenders or not, to drive off so many of their customers.
Can't wait for the next reset. Was awesome for the two weeks after the last one in October ... until banned accounts resurfaced under new names. BW should consider making forum resets a monthly housecleaning exercise imho.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Floredon
12.16.2013 , 01:21 PM | #83
can I be special too? my word is gold.

Icebergy
12.16.2013 , 01:34 PM | #84
I have not really seen anyone with genuine constructive criticism 'bullied'.

But I'll be the first to admit, when someone comes along and posts nothing but "this game sucks and you biodrones are fail for liking it you must be employed by bioeawarefail", I'll be one of the first in line to point out their hypocrisy.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

VulgarMercurius
12.16.2013 , 01:39 PM | #85
I wonder if the "criticism defenders" in this thread actually read the OP? He stated specifically what type of posts that are bothering him, yet the "criticism defenders" are talking about how the "biodrones' are in full force in this thread because they can't stand any negativity about SWTOR. But that isn't the issue. OP is talking about the newly created, dummy accounts, that are obviously trolling. But if that is unacceptable, then I can only assume that the "criticism defenders" of this thread, are in fact trolls. I mean, the first openly hostile comments in this thread are about "biodrones" so who is being aggressive and hostile towards others' opinions? OP who asked a question without aggression? Or the ones who answered him without calling anyone out? Or the people who called the people answering the question "biodrones"? It's the third option, fyi.

Right? Right.