Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Has anybody else noticed?


Sarfux's Avatar


Sarfux
12.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #1
What is going on recently? Why are all these people I have NEVER seen before on the forums, suddenly posting? They have no avatars, have ridiculous names, they increasingly bash the game, say things that are against it and have 2 or 3 posts that they just joined recently and don't even give constructive criticism?

What is that all about? Is it people abusing the referral program and coming on for that free time just to bash the game cause it makes them feel good? Or people that sub JUST to dislike it and want to see it fall? I can't be the only one that sees this. What is going on as of late? Lots of bashers, doubters, haters etc. on here recently. Somebody have any idea?

I know usually new people on the forums meaning people are coming to the game or came back but those aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ridiculous named, no avatar, blatantly obvious people who just joined or those who have 3 or 4 posts just bashing the game.

What's up?
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
12.15.2013 , 11:41 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
Is it people abusing the referral program and coming on for that free time just to bash the game cause it makes them feel good?
Bingo.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
12.15.2013 , 11:46 AM | #3
they came with 2.5 and GSF apparently. More people to spam the forums with nonsense
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Blackholeskipper's Avatar


Blackholeskipper
12.15.2013 , 11:59 AM | #4
It's probably new players and resubs because of the 30 days extra deal they had in late nov/early dec. (I'm one of these resubs).

Also, just checking the forums again I have to say about half of these hateful and rude posts are coming from the so called "defenders" of the game. You're just making your own forums more toxic. Just cause new people are popping in and starting silly threads that may or may not have been posted before doesn't give you free license to insult people and drag down every thread that merely *hints* at the suggestion this game could be improved in some aspect or another. Seriously, calm down and at least respond constructively.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
12.15.2013 , 12:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
What is going on recently? Why are all these people I have NEVER seen before on the forums, suddenly posting? They have no avatars, have ridiculous names, they increasingly bash the game, say things that are against it and have 2 or 3 posts that they just joined recently and don't even give constructive criticism?
...?
How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!

Blackholeskipper's Avatar


Blackholeskipper
12.15.2013 , 12:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!
I have to say there's a lot of truth in this. It seems the veteran posters on this forum will actively go out of their way to put down new posters and ridicule their ideas even if they may have some merit. Some of these vets respond constructively but many of them just troll these threads. If you look at some of the longer threads, something like up to half of all posts on the thread can come from one of these veteran posters. And most of these posts will be nothing more than insults and name calling.

To me, this is is trolling and forum moderators should put down the boot unless they want to cater to these cliques instead of the rest of the player base.

And really, these users post a lot of insulting stuff. And they post so frequently that in the last two weeks I've already come to know something like 10 of them by name.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
12.15.2013 , 12:25 PM | #7
Both sides often overdo it.
Human nature I guess.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Erasimus's Avatar


Erasimus
12.15.2013 , 12:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
I have to say there's a lot of truth in this. It seems the veteran posters on this forum will actively go out of their way to put down new posters and ridicule their ideas even if they may have some merit. Some of these vets respond constructively but many of them just troll these threads. If you at some of the longer threads, something like up to half of all posts on the thread can come from one of these veteran posters. And most of these posts will be nothing more than insults and name calling.

To me, this is is trolling and forum moderators should put down the boot unless they want to cater to these cliques instead of the rest of the player base.

And really, these users post a lot of insulting stuff. And they post so frequently that in last two weeks I've already come to know something like 10 of them by name.
I agree and it was one of the contributing factors for my leaving the first time. Now I have a much, much, longer ignore list, some haters, but mostly the "BioDrones"

Makes viewing the forums much less depressing and the threads are often really really short now
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Blackholeskipper's Avatar


Blackholeskipper
12.15.2013 , 12:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Those poor poor posters, bullied by mean old cliques.
So you're aware you're one of these clique members that rarely has anything to contribute to a thread but will continue to post in it until people lose interest and the thread dies? And why wouldn't they lose interest, by then these threads have devolved into name-calling and the pointless trading of insults.

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
So you're aware you're one of these clique members that rarely has anything to contribute to a thread but will continue to post in it until people lose interest and the thread dies? And why wouldn't they lose interest, by then these threads have devolved into name-calling and the pointless trading of insults.
Could you be kind enough to tell me if I'm more of a cat owner or dog owner?

Or whether I prefer Thai food over Mexican?

What other insights into my personality do you have?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.