Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cheap Bioware

Callaron
12.15.2013 , 01:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AmericanHoplite View Post
It's pretty incredible that they charge you $30 for 2 months of a subbed account, and even with a subbed account you have to pay $20 to move a character from one server to another.

Filthy money grubbing whores. So much for caring about fans, huh?
Eh, they just follow the industry standard when it comes to transfers - take a look at the prices the competition charges sometime.
It's the dyes and small character modifications that annoy me - and the latest blatant cashgrab with the GS ships that cost 1800 CC for one character with no Collections option available.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:21 PM | #22
Remember, kids, it's okay for customers to be cheap, but it's a sin for businesses to be seen as cheap.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Callaron
12.15.2013 , 01:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Remember, kids, it's okay for customers to be cheap, but it's a sin for businesses to be seen as cheap.
It kind of is when the competition provides better services.
There are tons of MMO's that let you change minor details for in game currency - and only expect you to open your wallet for major ones.
And some even give you a choice of which currency to use.
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
It kind of is when the competition provides better services.
There are tons of MMO's that let you change minor details for in game currency - and only expect you to open your wallet for major ones.
And some even give you a choice of which currency to use.
And yet, everyone here is subbed up to this one. I guess there's something to be said for being cheap, huh?
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Callaron
12.15.2013 , 01:35 PM | #25
And yet, everyone here is subbed up to this one. I guess there's something to be said for being cheap, huh?
Cheap in the sense of paying for the game rather than just F2Ping it? Wow, you're onto something Sherlock.

Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 01:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AmericanHoplite View Post
It's pretty incredible that they charge you $30 for 2 months of a subbed account, and even with a subbed account you have to pay $20 to move a character from one server to another.

Filthy money grubbing whores. So much for caring about fans, huh?
That's an entirely different subject but other MMOs with subs actually charge more than this game for server changes, so that's not really a SWTOR issue. The only thing missing is a fair price for a legacy transfer. You can have up to 22 characters on a server. That gets a bit silly.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:37 PM | #27
Cheap in the sense of paying for the game rather than just F2Ping it? Wow, you're onto something Sherlock.
Well, logic 'is' a virtue, Watson.

It's adorable how many people scream and cry about costs on this forum, when subs get the best deal in the game, bar none.

Callaron
12.15.2013 , 01:40 PM | #28
Well, logic 'is' a virtue, Watson.

It's adorable how many people scream and cry about costs on this forum, when subs get the best deal in the game, bar none.
Because the sub is a good deal it doesn't mean all the rest is.
I'm pretty sure you'd be defending them even if they charge you per lightsaber strike your character makes - and that's fine, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it - just like everyone who doesn't want to pay for every lightsaber strike is entitled to theirs.

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:42 PM | #29
Because the sub is a good deal it doesn't mean all the rest is.
I'm pretty sure you'd be defending them even if they charge you per lightsaber strike your character makes - and that's fine, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it - just like everyone who doesn't want to pay for every lightsaber strike is entitled to theirs.
Yes, when you can't adequately respond to my own argument, just stick some words into my mouth and attack those instead. That'll work.

chuixupu
12.15.2013 , 01:44 PM | #30
Subscribers should always have another option other than straight payment for anything you do in game. That's my opinion. Something small like changing hair isn't really all that big a deal and not something I do often, and In many cases when I have a choice between credits and cc's, I will actually pick the CCs, but I prefer having options.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant