Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cheap Bioware


Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:03 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
I do think any cosmetic change apart from racial change should cost in-game credits rather than Cartel Coins. Race change is fine if it costs Cartel Coins though, I think.
I think Cosmetic changes should be Credits too and you should only have to pay CC for Race Changes and to buy the new cosmetic features not natural to the game.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
12.15.2013 , 10:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bailbog View Post
I'm surprised at how cheap bioware is concerning cartel coins. The fact you have to pay for a new hairstyle (long male hair) is fine... But when you have to pay another round of coins to actually put the new hairstyle on is a joke... Does anyone agree?
I'm surprised at how cheap you are concerning things that only cost you a few pennies...
It's not like it costs you 600cc to change the hair on your character.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
12.15.2013 , 11:20 AM | #13
hairstyles are just cosmetic stuff, just design your character the way you want him right at the start and its no problem. Seriously though, are we really complaining that it costs you money to get the option to get hairstyles for ALL YOUR CHARACTERS but then also you have to pay to change the way you look because you do not like it. I for one, do not at all think this is important, nor is it cheap. It is a cosmetic luxury, if you don't like your hairstyle now but don't want to "give in" to spending cartel coins for it, then wear a hat.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 11:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
hairstyles are just cosmetic stuff, just design your character the way you want him right at the start and its no problem. Seriously though, are we really complaining that it costs you money to get the option to get hairstyles for ALL YOUR CHARACTERS but then also you have to pay to change the way you look because you do not like it. I for one, do not at all think this is important, nor is it cheap. It is a cosmetic luxury, if you don't like your hairstyle now but don't want to "give in" to spending cartel coins for it, then wear a hat.
For a game that focuses on story content (which is about your character) i think its ridiculous they charge cartel coins to customize your character.

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 11:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
For a game that focuses on story content (which is about your character) i think its ridiculous they charge cartel coins to customize your character.
For a game that focuses on story content (which is about your character), I think it's ridiculous that they make me work for my gear that I use to customize my character.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
12.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
For a game that focuses on story content (which is about your character) i think its ridiculous they charge cartel coins to customize your character.
they don't charge for customization, they charge for someone to go back on their decision for their character and decide to change it. Back when this game began you made the character the way you wanted and that was it. If you did not like it then you had to delete your character and remake from scratch. Charging for recustomization is fair, you had your chance to make it the way you wanted for free, and quite frankly it is a luxury, a useless cosmetic change, and you can do without it honestly.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
12.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I'm surprised at how cheap you are concerning things that only cost you a few pennies...
It's not like it costs you 600cc to change the hair on your character.
Well, it is nickel and diming people. The new hair styles and eye colours cost money to buy, and many like myself were disappointed that it also cost *more* to implement. For a good will thing, they should have allowed people to do a few changes for free, and then charge for anything above and beyond that. The company is money grubbing, there is no way to defend that, they are, what they are.
My debut novel is coming 12. 21. 2014!

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
12.15.2013 , 11:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I think Cosmetic changes should be Credits too and you should only have to pay CC for Race Changes and to buy the new cosmetic features not natural to the game.
Agreed Reno.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 12:55 PM | #19
This is something where I think they took a wrong step. When it came out I made some changes on some characters and haven't touched it since.

I think that for subs it should be free. I do agree there can be a charge for a change as significant as a race change but it ends there. I can handle the costs but I don't think it's right that it's not part of my sub. It's how I felt when it came out and I still feel that way.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

AmericanHoplite's Avatar


AmericanHoplite
12.15.2013 , 01:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bailbog View Post
I'm surprised at how cheap bioware is concerning cartel coins. The fact you have to pay for a new hairstyle (long male hair) is fine... But when you have to pay another round of coins to actually put the new hairstyle on is a joke... Does anyone agree?

It's pretty incredible that they charge you $30 for 2 months of a subbed account, and even with a subbed account you have to pay $20 to move a character from one server to another.

Filthy money grubbing whores. So much for caring about fans, huh?