Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Crew skills to get money in GTM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best Crew skills to get money in GTM

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.17.2014 , 07:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
...

The mission skills (underworld trading, slicing, and treasure hunting) purple materials will generate profit. The blue materials you'll be lucky to recover half your investment per unit.

...
Have blue UT mats taken a dive? It's been a while since I tried doing this, but the grade 2-3 blue UT mats used to sell like hotcakes, (probably purchased by Cybertechs gearing up their alts).

JuMoraf's Avatar


JuMoraf
02.18.2014 , 12:10 AM | #12
Listen to the guys saying Diplomacy it's the truth the only reason to have another crew skill is when you run out of rich companion gift missions at max level. Wanna start a guild and a bunch of tabs couple of days on the GTN wanna support your guildies? Diplomacy. I'd say scavenging second maybe and just sell mats.
۲۲۲۲۲๑₰ৠ]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
02.18.2014 , 05:57 AM | #13
Why are people so afraid of undercutting them ? Is that some sort of plage ?

Why is so often in crafting "making profit" the number 1 reason to do any crafting at all ? And noit the customers' well-being ?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.18.2014 , 11:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Have blue UT mats taken a dive? It's been a while since I tried doing this, but the grade 2-3 blue UT mats used to sell like hotcakes, (probably purchased by Cybertechs gearing up their alts).
Sorry I am talking about grade 9 stuff. I do not deal with lesser grades (except when I sell off materials from leveling an alt). Just a preference.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Why are people so afraid of undercutting them ? Is that some sort of plage ?
Undercutting who?

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Why is so often in crafting "making profit" the number 1 reason to do any crafting at all ? And noit the customers' well-being ?
Capitalism. The GTN (and any MMO marketplace where buying and selling between players exists) is a good example of pure capitalism. Further, it is a chance to play at being Warren Buffet or Bill Gates; making lots of money because one can .

That being said, customer well-being and capitalism do co-exist in MMO player markets like the GTN. Remember that the GTN is a buyers' market. Prices may be set by the sellers but if the buyers don't buy then the price is too high (sorry for the rhyme ). Those of us who do play the GTN mini-game on a regular basis know what pricing sells well (what a significant majority of buyers are willing to pay) and so sellers can maximize profits and be cognizant that customer satisfaction is part-and-parcel of the process. If sellers were not aware of customer well-being we would all be setting prices at ungodly amounts saying, "to hell with the buyers. If they want what I have they will pay my price."

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.18.2014 , 02:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
...

Why is so often in crafting "making profit" the number 1 reason to do any crafting at all ? And noit the customers' well-being ?
Sometimes it can be difficult to do this. If you try to price low-to-mid range gear so that it is affordable to the brand-new player, a GTN speculator will purchase it and relist it for a higher price.

And of couse the higher priced gear still sells, as players with level 55s send plenty of credits to their leveling alts.

That said, I've seen plenty of helpful crafters. I remember some people handing out free gear to newbies during the first double-xp weekend. Crafters that I know personally make stuff for their friends and guildies for super cheap (sometimes free). Many crafters that know high level mods (69+) will craft the items in exchange for the raw materials + tip.

DarthOvertone's Avatar


DarthOvertone
02.18.2014 , 04:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
yes, selling MK-9 Aug kits is profitable, but I find it better to have a cybertech make the MK9 components and either an Armormech or Armstech make the kits.
Isn't Synthweaving, with it's +5 to Crit, the best profession for making Kits?

My Armormech and Armstech don't have an equivalent companion to that bonus, but I certainly could be missing something.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.18.2014 , 04:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Isn't Synthweaving, with it's +5 to Crit, the best profession for making Kits?

My Armormech and Armstech don't have an equivalent companion to that bonus, but I certainly could be missing something.
Trooper's Tanno Vik is +5 crit armormech
Smuggler's Corso Riggs is +5 crit armstech

That being said, taking into account the ship droid sensor units a JK with synthweaving is the best option (+5 crit from both kira, and ship droid).

DarthOvertone's Avatar


DarthOvertone
02.18.2014 , 05:49 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
That being said, taking into account the ship droid sensor units a JK with synthweaving is the best option (+5 crit from both kira, and ship droid).
There you go. Thx mang
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Lexandrous's Avatar


Lexandrous
02.19.2014 , 08:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Why are people so afraid of undercutting them ? Is that some sort of plage ?

Why is so often in crafting "making profit" the number 1 reason to do any crafting at all ? And noit the customers' well-being ?
depends on your point of view.
I been schooling a few people on how to make money off GTN.
Once you established a character on GTN. Being undercut is not really an issue because you still sell.
Once people know they can buy from you at a reasonable price they will keep coming to you.

If you get engrossed in the bidding war you kill your profits and wont be able to cover expenses.
I would say it more comes down to covering expenses and keep funding production than "making profit"

The rip off merchants are a BIG reason why you can make so much money off GTN.
__________________________________________________ _____________


Few are left to extinguish the Light. That threatens to purge us all.

malianx's Avatar


malianx
02.20.2014 , 04:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandrous View Post
depends on your point of view.
I been schooling a few people on how to make money off GTN.
Once you established a character on GTN. Being undercut is not really an issue because you still sell.
Once people know they can buy from you at a reasonable price they will keep coming to you.

If you get engrossed in the bidding war you kill your profits and wont be able to cover expenses.
I would say it more comes down to covering expenses and keep funding production than "making profit"

The rip off merchants are a BIG reason why you can make so much money off GTN.
Really? You contend that you can make a 'Brand' and people will look for your things on the market, and buy it, over cheaper option because they have purchased from you before?

Really?