Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

Arandem
12.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #11
I personally would love a lot of these ideas (POTCO invasions were awesome) but I will not, however, agree that the game is abandoned. Plenty of people play this game, they just don't have as many events as you would like.

Jeweledleah
12.14.2013 , 03:54 PM | #12
my other MMo is currently Neverwinter.

it does something like what OP is referring to. every hour or so, some bonus is going on.

it feels spontaneous for the first couple of days, and then people start to minmax. good luck finding a group for a skirmish outside of skirmish bonus window. dungeon delves are not as bad (since rewards are just an extra meh item) but still. pvp queues are not as bad outside of bonus windows, bit still...

it regiments you and for a lot of people it will end up , well forcing is not a good word, but almost cajoling them into drastically changing their playstyle and it becomes just another piece of routine.

its an illusion. and not even particularly awesome one. I mean... I personally got tired of GW2 "dynamic events" within a week of regular playing. and judging how annoying it can be to find people to do them with nowadays, unless you luck out? so did quite a few other people. same idea for rift's rifts.

not that its not fun occasionally, but making it common as odd as it sounds, removes a lot of the fun and doesn't make the game feel like its getting a lot of content after a while. its just same old recycled stuff.

what makes the game not feel abandoned is new content. new events. and SWTOR may not have been getting those as often as people would like (and possibly they could do better, offer more) but its been getting them. so no, its not abandoned.

HexDecimalUK
12.14.2013 , 04:05 PM | #13
Yes i get that sometimes we get expansions but that's not what im talking about at all and if anything they feel like an occasional cooky to keep us quiet, something they can just throw in and forget about, they aren't actually organizing or really animating the galaxy to its full potential or any potential, the world doesn't breath, it doesn't move, nothing happens except NPCs re spawning after we kill em. what events we do get is a feeble example of what should be happening all the time. end of the day im paying a sub to repeat the same content over and over. I dont expect BW to constantly add new content thats absurd i do however eexpect them to play with that content as organisers of the game as much as they expect us to play it.

And if i were to look at it from a PVE'ers point of view it is shameful how little that is done, again im not going to cite other games or mods of other games(advertising) but compared to these other games iv tried this game doesnt even begin to involve the player with the game world but im a PVPer so what i don't get in those games is balance hence im still here but by the skin of my teeth's interest. i could go on but hopefully you see what i mean and if your happy with what the game is giving you then fine but when you log back in see many players are inactive in your guild and tell me your in a majority.
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

Slicksteezin
12.14.2013 , 05:26 PM | #14
It feels abandoned because it is. Anyone disagreeing with that statement are just those whom still have interest in the game and/or don't want to see all their time and involvement wasted.

TOR survives solely on the cartel market and it's lackluster items. New content, bug fixes and overall quality and efficiency is way, way lacking in comparison with most MMOs. Especially ones with the budget similar to SWTOR.

The reality is, in my opinion, this game, for the most part, is considered a industry flop by EAware. Does it still generate profit? Perhaps, but likely nowhere near where they envisioned. I'd imagine this game is considered more of a burden than a blessing to EA. Could be a matter of time before they start making moves to wrap it up. That's just my opinion based strictly on the ethics of business and economics, and has nothing to do with my personal grudges with TOR.

That being said, this game is not awful. But the long-term player sustainability is.
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

Infernixx
12.14.2013 , 05:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
It feels abandoned because it is. Anyone disagreeing with that statement are just those whom still have interest in the game and/or don't want to see all their time and involvement wasted.

TOR survives solely on the cartel market and it's lackluster items. New content, bug fixes and overall quality and efficiency is way, way lacking in comparison with most MMOs. Especially ones with the budget similar to SWTOR.

The reality is, in my opinion, this game, for the most part, is considered a industry flop by EAware. Does it still generate profit? Perhaps, but likely nowhere near where they envisioned. I'd imagine this game is considered more of a burden than a blessing to EA. Could be a matter of time before they start making moves to wrap it up. That's just my opinion based strictly on the ethics of business and economics, and has nothing to do with my personal grudges with TOR.

That being said, this game is not awful. But the long-term player sustainability is.
Horrible opinion-based judgment calls are awesome.

also, lying is a bad thing, you should stop.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

horrorfaneightys
12.14.2013 , 05:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
the game doesn't feel abandoned to me, when i see "abandoned" i think no one playing, yet i see people everywhere i go in game...
there's always new content rolling out all the time, just because i don't care for some of it doesn't mean i deny it's existence... i don't care for PvP content, but i'm not gonna deny that there's content rolling out simply because i don't like what was released...
saying "abandoned" is deliberate misdirection to make others, possibly new players, still on the fence checking the forums to get a feel for the community, and someone saying "abandoned" may lead them to the wrong conclusion about this games population and development...
I don't think I could word my view on the idea that the game is abandoned better than this. So I'll just quote it.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

Darth_Wicked
12.14.2013 , 06:11 PM | #17
Whatever keeps your boat afloat, mate.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Praven on the Esus Mesa
My family is true Sith. My only passions are integrity and honor.

Savej
12.14.2013 , 06:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Didn't they JUST add Galactic Starfighter?
That is sooo two weeks ago...

JPryde
12.14.2013 , 06:27 PM | #19
How did you (OP) get the feeling that the game is abandoned?

What would need to happen to make you feel not abandoned?

Do you expect the "old days" of MMORPGs to return, where the whole communiy was 100k of players and a dev team could actually afford to host live events on each server by taking control of NPC? This will not happen.

To me personally, the dev team is "taking care of me", as long as they are continually working on making the game better, which does include more content and bugfixes. On both parts they did not fail so far in my eyes.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Zorvan
12.14.2013 , 06:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.
I'm sigging this.