Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

Elly_Dawn
12.25.2013 , 03:51 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by IStillWantMySWG View Post
citation required
how about ponying up the proof that it's abandoned, and that the PvP community is actually big enough to make any kind of difference... a chihuahua is loud and annoying but it's still a tiny dog, it's loudness doesn't really make up for it's size...
anyways i've yet to see proof of abandonment when they constantly roll out new stuff, have i been happy with all of it, of course not most of it wasn't for me so i don't bother with it... GSF is the first thing in a long time that they have added that i throughly enjoy and i'm totally against PvP, now that says something for them getting it right if someone that absolutely loathes PvP from the bottom of the pit of their stomach to love GSF... i say it looks like they're on the right track...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Tsillah
12.25.2013 , 05:56 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by IStillWantMySWG View Post
no it is...

if it wasn't tere would be cross-server and a thriving pvp community
Ah so your argument is that because BW didn't give you want YOU want, the game is abandoned.

Well done. One would think that you feel the world should revolve around you and you alone.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

noobchoco
12.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #143
i think the game's fine.

Suntaru
12.25.2013 , 07:37 AM | #144
Every time I have logged in lately there has been multiple maps on republic and Imperial sides especially on Ebon Hawk. It's been a while since I logged in on my single player on POT5 because I could not stand the holy gaming legends. if there is a loss of players there , I'm sure I know why.

Einobi
12.25.2013 , 09:25 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by noobchoco View Post
i think the game's fine.
No doubt about it. But I also think it can be better. It is currently underperforming its potential given the huge investments thrown into this game.

This game is an expensive Ferrari and driving it at the current 2nd gear is a huge waste. Its not wrong to drive it at 2nd gear, but it can be better utilized in the right hand.

Ghost_Spectre
12.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Oneirophrenia View Post
I think what the OP meant was they he/she wanted TOR to have more spontaneous live/dynamic events which usually affect an entire zone(s). Examples of these types of events would be like the Dark Elf invasion of Freeport in EQ or the Rikti invasions in CoH/CoV. In those events players are basically forced to team up and get into role of playing defense. I suppose TOR has something similar too such as the Rakghoul event but that is planned and announced well ahead of time so it really loses out on the spontaneity factor.

I personally wouldn't mind more random events like that as long as it doesn't become too frequent to the point of nuisance.
Exactly. I remember and loved those Rikti events in CoH/CoV plus the other stuff they had. If the Devs want to liven up the SWTOR universe, this is a big way to do just that.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Magnaus Juggernaut Tank Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guilds Light/Dark Holiday

Tsillah
12.25.2013 , 11:28 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Exactly. I remember and loved those Rikti events in CoH/CoV plus the other stuff they had. If the Devs want to liven up the SWTOR universe, this is a big way to do just that.
Perhaps he should have called the thread: I would like dynamic events in SWTOR instead of the inflammatory "This game feels abandoned". Probably would've prevented a lot of misunderstandings.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

RandomXChance
12.25.2013 , 11:59 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Perhaps he should have called the thread: I would like dynamic events in SWTOR instead of the inflammatory "This game feels abandoned". Probably would've prevented a lot of misunderstandings.
Exactly the point. I have called out others for doing the same thing. Make an inflammatory thread title to get attention, and then proceed to get all upset and defensive when the thread gets derailed.

reclipsed
12.25.2013 , 12:27 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Please. GSF is on a rail, the rail is just disguised as a bubble now. You have the "freedom" to attack the points in the center of the bubble and the other people attempting to attack the points in the circle. That's it.

And it's still the craptastic "hanging christmas ornament puppet" spaceship you're "flying".
That is the dumbest thing I've read on Christmas, congrats.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

errant_knight
12.25.2013 , 12:32 PM | #150
This isn't GW2. That being said, they wanted to have spontaneous events. They *tried* to have spontaneous events. The first Rakghoul event was awesome. It started with a newscast that we had no idea what was about. We had no idea what we'd find when we got there. It took days to unfold. And the whining was intense enough that they never tried that again.

If you want to place blame for the lack of spontaneous events, place the blame squarely on the many QQing players who want everything handed to them on a platter at a predetermined time so their ever so special selves don't miss anything, not on Bioware. That was the best thing they ever did in game and it will likely never happen again.