Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

HexDecimalUK
12.14.2013 , 02:27 PM | #1
And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR but not if it remains as it is, IMO it needs the event to be happening faaar more frequently, and i don't just mean the gree, the bounty hunter thing, double XP days that might or might not be happening every often enough to not care about any of them, but there isn't even any daily events to hightail it round the galaxy to. When im playing other MMOs or even multiplayer MODs "that shall not be named" its like every 2 hours something happens for me to plan my evening for as well as big weekend things. i come to this and its just que for warzones, grind daily's, im a PVPer mostly so that's kind of it for me and even then my daily's are souly for the sake of stims. I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den
:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET
:NPC invasions of random friendly zones
:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat
:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on
:2 hours of faster crafting
:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars
:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)
:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places
:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)
: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)
:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?
: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?

there is soo much potential for spontaneity in the galaxy that just is not happening and Im sure bioware could invent hundreds of these things and just being around for these things would give allot of players who like myself are becoming bored with the same routine day in day out, the game feels almost totally written off with a few token events once in a blue moon instead of a regular bases maybe just because the devs have nothing better to do or EA just dont think its worth paying them to organise these things and if they don't care why should we? even the facebook page has more events than this game does how sad is that? why cant the gree land for 2 days of the week every 2 weeks ilum is totally dead for the second week of the last 2, same with the bounty thing, same with double XP weekends i mean in all seriousness bioware do you want people to play this game or not?

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2
Didn't they JUST add Galactic Starfighter?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Infernixx
12.14.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
For some players, there's never enough content, no matter how there is.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Wintermist
12.14.2013 , 02:43 PM | #4
Well, even though it's new content it's not really what was asked about. Starfighter is basically a new PvP Arena, isn't it?

What was asked for was events that make the whole game world come alive. There's a difference.
Hand Disinfection.

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 02:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
Well, even though it's new content it's not really what was asked about. Starfighter is basically a new PvP Arena, isn't it?

What was asked for was events that make the whole game world come alive. There's a difference.
No, not really.
It's PVP, alright. It's not an Arena, though.

And I don't disagree with adding events, it just seems a bit of a stretch to call a game that was never "something new every 2 hours" abandoned - it implies that things that used to happen no longer do when in fact this game, simply, is not GW2.

Oneirophrenia
12.14.2013 , 02:53 PM | #6
I think what the OP meant was they he/she wanted TOR to have more spontaneous live/dynamic events which usually affect an entire zone(s). Examples of these types of events would be like the Dark Elf invasion of Freeport in EQ or the Rikti invasions in CoH/CoV. In those events players are basically forced to team up and get into role of playing defense. I suppose TOR has something similar too such as the Rakghoul event but that is planned and announced well ahead of time so it really loses out on the spontaneity factor.

I personally wouldn't mind more random events like that as long as it doesn't become too frequent to the point of nuisance.

DrewFromPhilly
12.14.2013 , 02:58 PM | #7
Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.

Sentanta
12.14.2013 , 03:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.
You took the words right out of my mouth (well not those exact words but the sentiment is the same)!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Elly_Dawn
12.14.2013 , 03:15 PM | #9
the game doesn't feel abandoned to me, when i see "abandoned" i think no one playing, yet i see people everywhere i go in game...
there's always new content rolling out all the time, just because i don't care for some of it doesn't mean i deny it's existence... i don't care for PvP content, but i'm not gonna deny that there's content rolling out simply because i don't like what was released...
saying "abandoned" is deliberate misdirection to make others, possibly new players, still on the fence checking the forums to get a feel for the community, and someone saying "abandoned" may lead them to the wrong conclusion about this games population and development...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 03:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Not liking something added to the game ≠ the game feels "abandoned"
I don't like the GS and I still comprehend that it's new content, regardless of when it was produced or if it resembles older games.

Quality is subjective. I liked Oricon. Some people didn't. Does Oricon cease to exist because some people didn't enjoy it?

Quote: Originally Posted by Oneirophrenia View Post
I think what the OP meant was they he/she wanted TOR to have more spontaneous live/dynamic events which usually affect an entire zone(s).
Then the OP used the wrong word to describe it.