Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Working as intended...

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 06:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dbears View Post
Oh I believe you. You're probably getting critically hit with Lightning Strike or the initial damage of Crushing Darkness buffed by Wrath (35% increased damage)
Also crushing darkness is one such skill that always seems to pull me out of stealth... I know it's supposed to be purgeable, but I always get pulled out with it.... and out of habbit, before I use cloaking screen I always use evasion first.

dbears
12.16.2013 , 06:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Also no, evasion does NOT remove everything. That much I know as fact... because I see it every single day; It may be supposed to, but it sure as hell is not doing this.

Since I've come back I've been pvp'ing about 20-30 matches/day in wz's... and EVERY wz I see it happening at least once if not multiple times where evasion does not remove all damaging effects.
For sure it does. It sounds unlikely, but you must be getting reDOT'd or something. It works for me..

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 06:13 PM | #13
For sure it does. It sounds unlikely, but you must be getting reDOT'd or something. It works for me..
Next time I get the chance I'll see if I can get a video of it... but trust me, it's one bug with evasion that's been this way almost since launch, and a bug I've reported for a long time, where it simply isn't working the way it's supposed to.

You cannot be redotted through evasion... unless it's a force user, in which case evasion doesn't work on some of those dot types anyways.

Another thing broken about evasion, is the fact I get killed by blaster fire through it... such as snipers, and BH blaster fire. (Unload for example is supposed to be 100% dodged, but it is not)

But it will stop force choke damage ticks for example... if you happen to be lucky enough to pop it right before a glowsticker activates choke. Unless maybe I popped absorb shield right before it and don't remember... I'll have to test it out again.... it might be that I hit absorb and don't remember doing it out of instinct.

QuiveringPotato
12.16.2013 , 09:41 PM | #14
Next time I get the chance I'll see if I can get a video of it... but trust me, it's one bug with evasion that's been this way almost since launch, and a bug I've reported for a long time, where it simply isn't working the way it's supposed to.

You cannot be redotted through evasion... unless it's a force user, in which case evasion doesn't work on some of those dot types anyways.

Another thing broken about evasion, is the fact I get killed by blaster fire through it... such as snipers, and BH blaster fire. (Unload for example is supposed to be 100% dodged, but it is not)

But it will stop force choke damage ticks for example... if you happen to be lucky enough to pop it right before a glowsticker activates choke. Unless maybe I popped absorb shield right before it and don't remember... I'll have to test it out again.... it might be that I hit absorb and don't remember doing it out of instinct.
Yes, you can be redotted through evasion/dodge. It only purges at the time of activation, any other dots that get put on you after that will still work. Although, for instance, against a pyro BH, I'm not sure if their elemental dot from the auto attack would be applied even if the attack misses, since it blocks all white damage.
Arvengis | Ixiasi | Nohir | Aevar
Arranik | Celden | Arteum

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 09:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
Yes, you can be redotted through evasion/dodge. It only purges at the time of activation, any other dots that get put on you after that will still work. Although, for instance, against a pyro BH, I'm not sure if their elemental dot from the auto attack would be applied even if the attack misses, since it blocks all white damage.
Quote:
Purges all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.
That is the description of evasion, But as we know it does not remove all hostile effects, but it does increase dodge chance to 100% for 3 seconds against melee and ranged (which is what is broken on it). Which means, ranged classes shouldn't be putting dots on us, INCLUDING force users.

Basically it's black and white how the skill is supposed to work, there is no gray area.

Racter
12.16.2013 , 11:15 PM | #16
You not understanding what melee/ranged means does not mean an ability is broken. Melee/ranged refers exclusively to white damage attacks. Ravage, Vicious throw, Snipe, Takedown, etc are white damage abilities. All dots are force, tech or physical damage, applied by melee, ranged, force and tech attacks. For example, Backstab will apply acid blade to a target through evasion because backstab is a tech attack. Rupture will not apply it's dot during evasion because rupture is a physical (white damage) attack.

Ahebish
12.17.2013 , 05:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
You not understanding what melee/ranged means does not mean an ability is broken. Melee/ranged refers exclusively to white damage attacks. Ravage, Vicious throw, Snipe, Takedown, etc are white damage abilities. All dots are force, tech or physical damage, applied by melee, ranged, force and tech attacks. For example, Backstab will apply acid blade to a target through evasion because backstab is a tech attack. Rupture will not apply it's dot during evasion because rupture is a physical (white damage) attack.
I understand what you are saying, but what you are not understanding is the definition of 100% dodge chance.

Nothing will hit because it is dodged, no amount of accuracy will matter and damage types are irrelivant.

Again, by definition.

Maybe they just need to update the description to be more accurate and less confusing.

But when I see 100% dodge chance I see impossible to hit for that duration. Much less does the description say anything about damage types.

dbears
12.17.2013 , 05:30 PM | #18
I understand what you are saying, but what you are not understanding is the definition of 100% dodge chance.

Nothing will hit because it is dodged, no amount of accuracy will matter and damage types are irrelivant.

Again, by definition.

Maybe they just need to update the description to be more accurate and less confusing.

But when I see 100% dodge chance I see IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT for that duration.
Maybe you need to better understand the types of attacks in this game.

There is Melee and Ranged, which Evasion DOES INDEED grant immunity to. And there is Force and Tech, which Evasion DOES NOT grant immunity to.

If you activate Evasion, Melee and Ranged attacks WILL NOT damage you or apply any of their effects (if any).

If you activate Evasion, Force and Tech attacks WILL STILL damage you and apply their effects (if any).

Also, any and all DOTs, Debuffs, Slows, Snares, etc will be removed WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT in PvP. There are some Operation Boss debuffs that cannot be removed, period, by anything. But that's another story.

Do some research on the different types of attacks. Hell, look at your own in the Abilities Window. You'll see some abilities like Shiv and Backstab are Tech, and will thus go through Evasion and STILL damage you, and some abilities like Rifle Shot, Overload Shot or even Snipe are all Ranged, and will NOT damage you if you have Evasion active.

Racter
12.17.2013 , 05:35 PM | #19
Think of melee ranged like a dodgeball and force tech like a nuke. Evasion dodges kick balls but you can't dodge a nuke. Lol

Ahebish
12.19.2013 , 10:00 PM | #20
Maybe you need to better understand the types of attacks in this game.

There is Melee and Ranged, which Evasion DOES INDEED grant immunity to.

Also, any and all DOTs, Debuffs, Slows, Snares, etc will be removed WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT in PvP.
1. I do understand the damage types. But I've also played the game longer than most and I know what's been broken and still is broken when I play concealment.

2. Melee and Ranged attacks are MOST CERTAINLY not all being stopped by evasion.

3. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong, that evasion will remove "ALL DOTS ALL SNARES, ALL ROOTS" in pvp.

4. This issue with evasion is nothing new. It's been a problem with this class for longer than most of you even played this game. So trust me when I say this; The problem still exsists, and I know this because I reported it over a year ago which BW didn't really care to test since they were to busy with the Anit-Concealment/Scrapper Crusade at the time.

In short BW had more important things to do, like the next round of nerfs to this spec.