Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thank You GSF and Pilots


GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
12.14.2013 , 01:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MalakaiCaine View Post
yep. it's not like Warthunder's historical real battles mode isn't popular as ****.... OH WAIT...

it's not like backers have poured millions of millions of dollars into STAR CITIZEN

O WAIT...

*Doctor Cox voice*
do you ah see...
where ahm ah going
with thees?
Do those games require that every trim and control be managed in real time by the pilot to dogfight? Or are they relegated to cockpit eye candy?
Peace out . . .

willfarlow's Avatar


willfarlow
12.14.2013 , 01:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamikazeelotro View Post
Actually these same people have high levelled up gunships, no skill required other than 1 shot people from range true facerolling.
And THIS is why I'm working to become a Gunship hunter. Sit and snipe? Not if I have anything to say about it!
Pete:Wait a minute, who elected you leader of this outfit?
Everett:Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.
"O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Nethgilne's Avatar


Nethgilne
12.14.2013 , 01:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MalakaiCaine View Post
yep. it's not like Warthunder's historical real battles mode isn't popular as ****.... OH WAIT...


it's not like backers have poured millions of millions of dollars into STAR CITIZEN


O WAIT...

*Doctor Cox voice*
do you ah see...
where ahm ah going
with thees?
That's two reasons BW would have to think long and hard before trying to step up the "realism". Warthunder and Star Citizen are headed by some pretty talented veterans of those genres. Competition would be tight and I wonder if the game engine can do much in way of decent physics simulation.

Nethgilne's Avatar


Nethgilne
12.14.2013 , 01:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Interesting point. Would they be in separate queues? If so, how would they communicate? GSF pilots providing ground support to ground PvP would absolutely rock though.
I haven't thought about mixing the two but a twitch based ground PvP built around the same mechanics as GSF would mesh much better than the current ground PvP would. I suppose they might just queue up separately but mixed ground/air pvp would randomly pop and just take 6 players from the ground queue and 6 from the air queue.

MalakaiCaine's Avatar


MalakaiCaine
12.16.2013 , 03:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethgilne View Post
That's two reasons BW would have to think long and hard before trying to step up the "realism". Warthunder and Star Citizen are headed by some pretty talented veterans of those genres. Competition would be tight and I wonder if the game engine can do much in way of decent physics simulation.

it does hawever prove there IS a market, contrary to douche exectives wishful thinking that nearly killed off the genre, and GSF has already shown BW that they CAN make profits out of SPACE COMBAT

SwiftDuck's Avatar


SwiftDuck
12.16.2013 , 03:57 AM | #16
I have full min /maxed obroan and a half mastered Scout ship. It doesn't bother me one bit my pvp gear doesnt affect space.(as it shouldnt.) I play both am decent at both and will continue do both.

As for people who were always getting steam rolled in pvp by experienced players...Im glad ya'll are having some fun with GSF, because now warzones have been awesome. Im talking 5-6 huttball scores, winning by 1 point on Civill war. Voidstar going its full length.

It seems there are less whiny people and poor players in ground pvp. Just the people with experience, skill and gear.

Bads will always complain.

MalakaiCaine's Avatar


MalakaiCaine
12.16.2013 , 07:09 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SwiftDuck View Post
I have full min /maxed obroan and a half mastered Scout ship. It doesn't bother me one bit my pvp gear doesnt affect space.(as it shouldnt.) I play both am decent at both and will continue do both.

As for people who were always getting steam rolled in pvp by experienced players...Im glad ya'll are having some fun with GSF, because now warzones have been awesome. Im talking 5-6 huttball scores, winning by 1 point on Civill war. Voidstar going its full length.

It seems there are less whiny people and poor players in ground pvp. Just the people with experience, skill and gear.

Bads will always complain.
yeah. now the players who don't suck are happily farming the bads in space, who cannot into flying, let alone CAM.

Nethgilne's Avatar


Nethgilne
12.16.2013 , 09:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MalakaiCaine View Post
it does hawever prove there IS a market, contrary to douche exectives wishful thinking that nearly killed off the genre, and GSF has already shown BW that they CAN make profits out of SPACE COMBAT
Oh yeah, there's definitely a market for the deeper sim. I don't deny that at all. But I argue that War thunder was built with the heavy realism mode in mind first, then pared away modeling features until they got to their arcade mode. GSF is starting from the other end with the arcadish control scheme and pseudo-roll based hit detection. It would take MUCH more time and resources for them to develop more robust physics models and true location based hit-detection.

For me this would also be awesome.

But I would much rather GSF devs focus on improving the direction they're heading in now. Build on the tech and the foundation they have already. Adding a realistic sim mode would be making a 90 degree turn just to climb a different steep mountain that others have started on years earlier.