Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank You GSF and Pilots

Svarthrafn
12.13.2013 , 11:24 PM | #1
I PVP'd an awful lot, so I just hopped into a ground PVP warzone queue to see what I have been "missing" since GSF released.

WOW. Apparently all of the hardcore PVPtards and Gearqueers are still lining up to play, while most of the cool players have moved over to GSF for now. Needless to say, I won't be hopping into a ground pvp queue for quite some time.

So thank you GSF for your skill-based gameplay, and thank you to all of the cool players I have been flying with for the past week. The community can really make or break a game mode, and you guys are awesome for the most part.

See you in space!

MalakaiCaine
12.13.2013 , 11:51 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Svarthrafn View Post
I PVP'd an awful lot, so I just hopped into a ground PVP warzone queue to see what I have been "missing" since GSF released.

WOW. Apparently all of the hardcore PVPtards and Gearqueers are still lining up to play, while most of the cool players have moved over to GSF for now. Needless to say, I won't be hopping into a ground pvp queue for quite some time.

So thank you GSF for your skill-based gameplay, and thank you to all of the cool players I have been flying with for the past week. The community can really make or break a game mode, and you guys are awesome for the most part.

See you in space!
yep, i love gsf since it lets me out-skill based out play other players.

Nethgilne
12.14.2013 , 01:00 AM | #3
This makes me wonder if they would ever consider applying a GSF make over or add on to ground pvp.

That is: something based a little more on twitch skills over cool down management, acquiring new gear only means further customization of a play-style rather than linear power boosts, and - most of all - roles that are not PvE elements shoehorned into a PvP environment.

GalacticKegger
12.14.2013 , 02:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethgilne View Post
This makes me wonder if they would ever consider applying a GSF make over or add on to ground pvp.

That is: something based a little more on twitch skills over cool down management, acquiring new gear only means further customization of a play-style rather than linear power boosts, and - most of all - roles that are not PvE elements shoehorned into a PvP environment.
Interesting point. Would they be in separate queues? If so, how would they communicate? GSF pilots providing ground support to ground PvP would absolutely rock though.

I think the next stage of GSF gameplay evolution will be true grouped squadrons; and BW won't have to do a thing to the mechanics. Which will lead to more role management. Which is exactly what the upgrade paths are set up for.

True pwnage in GSF occurs when a team of solo pilots goes up against a team of organized and communicating pilots. The best kills I've been a part of were me getting lit up... where I had to outmaneuver 3 attackers who were flying tight & right. I say best kills because by the time they finally got me the sat was ours. Three on me meant two less for everyone else. It took "tail between the legs" skill - not gear - to make that happen.

CD management is tricky, and just one more thing the pilot has to be aware of. I club raced with the SCCA as a hobby for years. Cockpit awareness at speed in a crowd is an exhilarating lesson in twitch-quick multitasking. While GSF will never compare to racing at 150mph, for a video game it mimics a lot of the qualities of a high speed chess match on wheels. The pilot should be busy. Just think about how crazy GSF would be if it was a true flight sim, where every trim and control had to be managed while dogfighting!
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

renegadeimp
12.14.2013 , 05:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Just think about how crazy GSF would be if it was a true flight sim, where every trim and control had to be managed while dogfighting!
So crazy, pretty much nobody would play it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

MalakaiCaine
12.14.2013 , 09:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
So crazy, pretty much nobody would play it.

yep. it's not like Warthunder's historical real battles mode isn't popular as ****.... OH WAIT...

it's not like backers have poured millions of millions of dollars into STAR CITIZEN

O WAIT...

*Doctor Cox voice*
do you ah see...
where ahm ah going
with thees?

Slivovidze
12.14.2013 , 09:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MalakaiCaine View Post
yep. it's not like Warthunder's historical real battles mode isn't popular as ****.... OH WAIT...

it's not like backers have poured millions of millions of dollars into STAR CITIZEN
It's not like these two games are actually MMORPGs with a space combat minigame. Or is it? Of course hardcore aces will like these more. But here we have our small arcade shooty shooty, I don't want to care about cooling liquid pressure and stuff, just fly and shoot, fly and shoot.

Tenacity
12.14.2013 , 10:04 AM | #8
I've noticed that the 'normal' pvp queues are mostly full of the people that had top notch gear and always owned the warzones before GSF launched. I think they dont like the fact that all of their "hard work" getting super gear so they can faceroll people doesnt help them at all in starfighter combat.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Kamikazeelotro
12.14.2013 , 10:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I've noticed that the 'normal' pvp queues are mostly full of the people that had top notch gear and always owned the warzones before GSF launched. I think they dont like the fact that all of their "hard work" getting super gear so they can faceroll people doesnt help them at all in starfighter combat.
Actually these same people have high levelled up gunships, no skill required other than 1 shot people from range true facerolling.

MalakaiCaine
12.14.2013 , 10:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

yep. geartards HATE space pvp cos they cannot gear their way to victory.