Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Halinalle
12.13.2013 , 08:57 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
I read it that the original poster is not complaining about the specific of the items but the stupidity of the ppl coming up with the idea. I tend to read between the lines. And then it makes more sense, especially when you have played other mmo and witnessed what other mmo gave out to celebrate their anniversary.
I got stack of "Carbon" in EVE once. It's useless item but I took it as joke.

Glowrod
12.13.2013 , 09:10 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."
I agree. I wasn't expecting gifts, so it's no big deal to me, but those two items will never be used by me. I toss fireworks out of my pack now when I roll a new toon, and I have no intention of playing GSF because I have zero interest in PvP. Seems they could do better with gifts that everyone would enjoy. The one that comes to mind is the original Guildwars that gave a random pet each year. Didn't affect gameplay in the least, but was something that everyone could enjoy. Because they were random, there was also an element of luck and collectability to it as well.

VIP Lounge Member

Glowrod
12.13.2013 , 09:13 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
they are free and you do nothing to obtain them.
It isn't free if I have to pay for my sub... oh wait, we already had this discussion.

VIP Lounge Member

ImmortalLowlife
12.13.2013 , 09:28 AM | #64
More fireworks Yippie! (Deletes useless item)

A new paint job for GSF! can I use a joystick/controller yet? No.... (deletes another useless item)

Thanks BW I had sooooooo much fun deleting all this junk.....

*Drops mic & starts new character
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Wintermist
12.13.2013 , 09:39 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
It's still free stuff and you don't have to do anything to obtain it other than run to nearest mailbox.
It's not about that. It's about it being a celebration, and it should be something special, and I'd like to think that with this game they'd be especially happy it made it that far considering how it has struggled with players. That's a celebration worthy of something really special. That's the whole point. It's a gift that will tell us that "Yes, we're celebrating!!". All I'm thinking is that it should have been something really special. Every year.

With this, I have to admit, it feels more like "Oh, we made it another year, toss something out to the players, will you?".

Reno_Tarshil
12.13.2013 , 09:40 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
More fireworks Yippie! (Deletes useless item)

A new paint job for GSF! can I use a joystick/controller yet? No.... (deletes another useless item)

Thanks BW I had sooooooo much fun deleting all this junk.....

*Drops mic & starts new character
You can't delete the paint job.

Silly Ducks..
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

ImmortalLowlife
12.13.2013 , 09:48 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You can't delete the paint job.

Silly Ducks..
WHAT!!!!! How do they expect me to enjoy their "gifts" if I can't delete OR sell them? Smdh & LOL
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

branmakmuffin
12.13.2013 , 09:52 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by SitHamster View Post
8000 cartel coins for the vets; that would be a *********** great gift for those who gave money to BW&EA all this time
Yeah, 'cause it's not like you've been able to play the game or anything for that period of time. You've been paying simply to support BWEA financially.

Costello
12.13.2013 , 09:55 AM | #69
It seems more than a little strange that on the one hand in the dev blogs they thank the players for supporting the game, for subscribers that have been paying for the last 2 years, purchased a retail copy of the game and any cartel purchases helping to support the game its not an insignificant amount of money.

But on the other hand the anniversary is marked by some meaningless junk. Which makes it seem that saying thank you to the community has come down from on high as a direction for any blog posts, while player appreciation isn't so big on the list. Not even enough to come up with something special to mark the two years.

Denerio
12.13.2013 , 09:59 AM | #70
Simply solution to this. Each year for anniversary they should make a unique vanity pet that they include as well, that way it is an item that is available only for that years anniversary. They can still give us the other free garbage but they should at least change it up some every year with something unique.