Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Rankyn
12.14.2013 , 10:57 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg View Post
Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them?
They do.
They give you at least 500 of them each and every month.

As for any money you spend beyond your subscription payment, you have exchanged cash for virtual items at an agreed upon price.
They owe you nothing more.

Reno_Tarshil
12.14.2013 , 11:02 PM | #122
I have been paying them a subscription and CC for 1 year and all I got was fireworks? Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them? And as for the paint jobs, as much as I love G.S.F I don't see the need for another paint job that nobody can even really see. Thanks for the free stuff BW, but it's a little on the blah side.
You pay 15 bucks a month you get 500 cc a month there's your CC for your money. As for the paintjob, you must have terrible eye sight if you can't spot your own paint job as you zoom off to your target of interest.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

OddballEasyEight
12.14.2013 , 11:42 PM | #123
I have been paying them a subscription and CC for 1 year and all I got was fireworks? Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them? And as for the paint jobs, as much as I love G.S.F I don't see the need for another paint job that nobody can even really see. Thanks for the free stuff BW, but it's a little on the blah side.
I wonder, does your landlord give you a new car or something every time you have an anniversary because you've been so "good" and paid the rent?

You are paying for a service, they don't owe you anything.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Edzew
12.15.2013 , 12:03 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I wonder, does your landlord give you a new car or something every time you have an anniversary because you've been so "good" and paid the rent?

You are paying for a service, they don't owe you anything.
no they tend to raise rent every year.... but if something is broken they fix it!!! so that is kinda like getting new stuff B^P

and also for my "anniversary" at my job i get a raise every year and they buy me lunch so poo on you i guess

NeoWolf
12.15.2013 , 08:12 AM | #125
A mount or an outfit would have been nice.. more fireworks and some paintjobs for starifghters not all of us use seems a bit.. half hearted... but I guess its the thought that counts.
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

Arkerus
12.15.2013 , 09:43 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
no they tend to raise rent every year.... but if something is broken they fix it!!! so that is kinda like getting new stuff B^P

and also for my "anniversary" at my job i get a raise every year and they buy me lunch so poo on you i guess
You didn't prove anything. You pay for a service, you get the service. Asking for more is the exact definition of entitlement. No wonder they called everyone after gen Y the entitlement generation.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

BINCAT
12.15.2013 , 09:47 AM | #127
Yes, the rewards are a bit underwhelming to say the least. It would have been nice to see that Bio really did care about the people who are pumping money in by subs and the CM.
I'm one of those people, but I've resigned myself to the fact that we don't really matter beyond digits in the EA bank accounts, because that is capitalism foks, the system we all wanted before it started to die. On the plus side with all the alts I'm leveling I have a load of fireworks to shoot off on New Years Eve. If anyone fancies joining me to light up the skies of dark old Drumond Kaas you will be most welcome.
Welcome home.....

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:49 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.
^^This. This is the issue. If I gave my wife a free sponge as her 2 year wedding anniversary gift, I'd be a thoughtless jerk because I would be showing just how little care or thought I was putting into our celebration.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.
Ouch dude, you just bruised my heart with that truth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 09:52 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
^^This. This is the issue. If I gave my wife a free sponge as her 2 year wedding anniversary gift, I'd be a thoughtless jerk because I would be showing just how little care or thought I was putting into our celebration.

Ouch dude, you just bruised my heart with that truth.
I don't see how a sponge is the same quality as fireworks.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:53 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I don't see how a sponge is the same quality as fireworks.
True, the sponge actually performs a function and is re-usable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.