Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Nuffmeister
12.13.2013 , 05:45 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.
+1

Free items or not, an anniversary is always a good opportunity to touch base with your community and drum up some gamer pride in your game reaching another yearly milestone. Events to get your community together, titles, maybe a few freebies or items earned through participating in quests are always a positive.

To me both anniversaries have given me a sense of "meh" from the dev team, with about a minutes thought going into anything related to the event itself. If the people who make the game don't seem too excited about an anniversary, why should I?

branmakmuffin
12.13.2013 , 06:19 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I They complain because the gifts seemingly have no thought behind them concerning the actual event they give them for. Bioware has more to celebrate than the players that this game survived two whole years in this market, why not show some damn enthusiasm and celebrate with us.
Oh, you survived a whole year playing a computer game. You poor thing. You must be exhausted.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I see the entitlement club is in full swing today.
Isn't it always?

Ahopa
12.13.2013 , 06:49 PM | #93
Agree 100% with the topic, 2 years and you are giving a paint job and some fireworks? lawl
Ahopa - 55 Sage
CodƯ - 55 Commando

RP Officer for The Guadians

Rileysoph
12.13.2013 , 07:08 PM | #94
Totally agree OP, i've put 2 years into this game and we get this thing that was thought up in 2 minutes. It's just lazy.

Verain
12.13.2013 , 11:06 PM | #95
I'm glad to have a paintjob. It will gain in prestige as time passes as well. It's also great because there aren't many paintjobs right now.

Nemmar
12.13.2013 , 11:32 PM | #96
I would rather they rewarded me with the announcement of a sizeable expansion.

branmakmuffin
12.13.2013 , 11:47 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I would rather they rewarded me with the announcement of a sizeable expansion.
We just got a sizable expansion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
Totally agree OP, i've put 2 years into this game and we get this thing that was thought up in 2 minutes. It's just lazy.
Have you contacted support about your inability to play the game for the past two years?

And FYI, it's a game you play for fun, not something you "put [time] into."

OddballEasyEight
12.13.2013 , 11:58 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
$15
$15
Really?
you are giving them 15$ above and beyond what you usually pay?
Or are you telling me that it should be enough that you pay your fees?

Kinda like paying your rent... but I bet you don't ask your landlord to give you a prezzie every time you have an anniversary of you moving in...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Benlightenment
12.14.2013 , 12:24 AM | #99
Free Black/Black dye for everyone.

Or just for me.

Please?

Nemmar
12.14.2013 , 12:45 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
We just got a sizable expansion.

In a microscopic size. Get serious. An expansion worthy of the name. Not some mini-game.