Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG
12.12.2013 , 05:30 PM | #1
Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."

That's extremely underwhelming. Considering the constant balancing act between what to permit for free for F2P players and giving subs reasons to stay subbed, it seems like BW would be better served by having a veteran rewards program for subs as opposed to only have these periodic minor rewards for everyone, regardless of length of time played. CoH had a pretty good veteran rewards program which had various benefits at every 3 months of sub time that got better and better the longer you subbed. I realize that this is just a reward for the anniversary of the game and not only for subs or based on length of time subbing, but it just highlights that some people have been subbing for 2 years now....and maybe they ought to think about throwing subs a bone in terms of some kind of veteran rewards program. Let's face it, not only are the subs actively contributing money to this game each month in terms of sub fees, but they are the ones spending most of the CM money too. F2P aren't spending any money and preferred people aren't even paying for a monthly sub so I doubt too many of them are the high spenders on the CM. It's not a make or break type of thing, but just seems like it would be good PR for a game that could use some PR.

Vandicus
12.12.2013 , 05:33 PM | #2
I don't like veterans rewards programs.

If they do let the difference between preferred and subscriber shrink too much, we will see unsubs. I just don't agree with the idea of a veteran's reward program. If 3.0 is sub exclusive that'd add more reason to sub.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

IStillWantMySWG
12.12.2013 , 05:36 PM | #3
lol tahts it? god the rewards EAware hands out r a complete joke. Guess its time to go back to GW2 for a bit.

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2013 , 05:42 PM | #4
Fireworks... I didn't even use the ones from the first anniversary. :/

Paint jobs? Please! how about something more... Universal. Not everyone enjoys and plays gsf, come on! Everyone of us has mounts and outfits on our characters, though!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Rafaman
12.12.2013 , 06:03 PM | #5
Meh... don't care. I didn't expect anything.

Now, what I do expect as continued and improvements over the next year. So, cool. Thks for the fireworks and the paint job but... your time is better spent elsewhere.

branmakmuffin
12.12.2013 , 06:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."

That's extremely underwhelming. Considering the constant balancing act between what to permit for free for F2P players and giving subs reasons to stay subbed
If you think Preferred is a better deal, go Preferred.

/thread

Icebergy
12.12.2013 , 06:12 PM | #7
How dare Bioware try to give you free stuff that wasn't the exact free stuff that you wanted! They are a terrible evil company for giving away free stuff.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

DarthVengeant
12.12.2013 , 06:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
How dare Bioware try to give you free stuff that wasn't the exact free stuff that you wanted! They are a terrible evil company for giving away free stuff.
It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks. (both of which I will never use partly because I have no interest in the GSF. tried it, hated it, nor do I care about worthless firework emotes) That's ALL they could come up with. I could list plenty of things WAY better than that that people would enjoy, plus I would give people options between two things. I see NOTHING in this that is celebration worthy in what they have done here. It's like getting nothing but socks for Christmas dude. After reading what it was I was actually a bit shocked at how pathetic it was. No joke. But, I shouldn't be surprised. Last years "celebration" stuff was a sad joke as well.....

Lunafox
12.12.2013 , 07:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Fireworks... I didn't even use the ones from the first anniversary. :/

Paint jobs? Please! how about something more... Universal. Not everyone enjoys and plays gsf, come on! Everyone of us has mounts and outfits on our characters, though!
More crap to use up my inventory space. I still have original first anniversary fireworks also, and I couldn't give a monkey's fart about GSF.
My debut novel is coming 12. 21. 2014!

DAMossimo
12.12.2013 , 07:19 PM | #10
I'll be interested to see if the fireworks stack on the ones from last year, indicating they are identical in every way.