Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disney & Yoda

Cempa
12.12.2013 , 01:57 AM | #1
Now that Disney owns the SW franchise -correct?- could we get whatever Yoda race is in-game? Subs would explode!
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Mowermanx
12.12.2013 , 02:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Now that Disney owns the SW franchise -correct?- could we get whatever Yoda race is in-game? Subs would explode!
Incorrect, Disney do not own this game, and have nothing to do with it.
They just collect a royalty cheque from EA for using the name "Star Wars"

theUndead
12.12.2013 , 02:50 AM | #3
Not going to happen ever. I am pretty sure that when Lucas sold the rights he put a clause that prevented the reveal of the Yoda species. Besides, it's one of the few great mysteries of Starwars that is left.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

AlexDougherty
12.12.2013 , 07:42 AM | #4
Not sure I want my subscription to explode, might damage my computer.

Seriously though, it can't happen, George Lucas put certain codas on the sales of his IP to disney, one of which is that Yoda's race can't be used as a player character in games (unless the game is a solo player game revolving around Yoda himself) and his Race can't be named.

If Disney were to allow Yoda's race to be a playable character then they would automatically loose the franchise, which would revert back to Lucas.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Cempa
12.13.2013 , 10:23 PM | #5
I find that extreamlly hard to belive! If Disney should ever use Yoda race in a game they would lose the franchise lool
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Brimmer
12.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Not going to happen ever. I am pretty sure that when Lucas sold the rights he put a clause that prevented the reveal of the Yoda species. Besides, it's one of the few great mysteries of Starwars that is left.
Like the mystery of which species Aurra Sing's father is.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Pingonaut
12.13.2013 , 10:54 PM | #7
No.

/5chars

JeffNyman
12.14.2013 , 10:51 AM | #8
I don't know where people think they are getting their information but Disney is most certainly allowed to use Yoda and the species in property they now own. There was no provision in the contract that sold the property to Disney but then denied them the right to use a part of the property. That's why one of the stand alone films is (at least potentially) going to be about Yoda. Granted that film may be scuttled and, even if it happens, It may not reveal Yoda's species, but if it does not, that will have nothing to do with some clause in the contract.

TheSupaCoopa
12.14.2013 , 11:26 AM | #9
Duran'del Here:

I want an mickey ears hat. 'nuff said.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

OddballEasyEight
12.14.2013 , 11:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffNyman View Post
I don't know where people think they are getting their information but Disney is most certainly allowed to use Yoda and the species in property they now own. There was no provision in the contract that sold the property to Disney but then denied them the right to use a part of the property. That's why one of the stand alone films is (at least potentially) going to be about Yoda. Granted that film may be scuttled and, even if it happens, It may not reveal Yoda's species, but if it does not, that will have nothing to do with some clause in the contract.
Interesting... what facts are you basing this off?
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds