Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 07:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I usually average around 30-40k damage done and around 8-16 kills in my strike with an average of 50% accuracy. The problem is the Evasion stat. Passive Evasion=34%+ 30% during retro thrusters which can be used quite often 64% chance to miss even if dead on, 34%+15% from companion ability once every minute for 15 seconds makes 49% chance to miss even if dead on add the 30% in from when retro thrusters are used to break missle locks instead of LOS and that's a 79% chance to miss. Of course every 30 Second the target becomes immune to all forms of attack, and can decide to out range the entire group for any time when these things are not up.
there are passives that boost accuracy there are companions with both passive accuracy boosts and accuracy cooldowns. USE THEM

Oh there are companions that reduce target's maneuverability by 20% for 20 seconds, now that's a I WIN against a scout.

Otherwise than your no better than the guys in ground pvp saying tanks need to be nerfed because they (dps) are entitled to kill everything they target.

Also strikes have this crazy BS known has one-shotting peoples shields and draining engine power at the same time with IC, and then two shotting my hull with quads. Seriously every scout lives in terror of being one or two shotted at any given time. Did I mention that concussion missile frigging ignore shields and go straight to my hull? And PTorps are a one-shot kill on a scout.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 08:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
there are passives that boost accuracy there are companions with both passive accuracy boosts and accuracy cooldowns. USE THEM

Oh there are companions that reduce target's maneuverability by 20% for 20 seconds, now that's a I WIN against a scout.

Otherwise than your no better than the guys in ground pvp saying tanks need to be nerfed because they (dps) are entitled to kill everything they target.

Also strikes have this crazy BS known has one-shotting peoples shields and draining engine power at the same time with IC, and then two shotting my hull with quads. Seriously every scout lives in terror of being one or two shotted at any given time. Did I mention that concussion missile frigging ignore shields and go straight to my hull? And PTorps are a one-shot kill on a scout.
You haven't flown that many strike classes have you. there is no Accuracy boosting ability that the Strike can use only one that drops evasion by 20% but it is extremely rarely taken by any one and even with 20% drop that 79% still is 59% miss chance or 69% is still 49% or 49 is still 29%. If you take that one that drops evasion by 20% you can not take Servo Gammers and if you do take it all they have to do is out run you for 20 second don't use their evasion moves just run and then come back with their evasion moves up meaning its useless against the pilots I am talking about.

Concussives only pierce 30% shield Proton torps have a 100% shield and armor Peirce and only do 860 Damage that is not a one shot you will live through that, it also takes 4 seconds to Lock on and only has a 12 degree firing Arc. Upgraded distortion field breaks missiles locks and so does LoS and so does range and so does retro thrusters.

Only the first strike has access to Ion Cannons and again with the evasion of the pilots I am talking about a good 80% of those shots aren't landing, by the time one lands you are already dead.

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 08:32 AM | #23
You haven't flown that many strike classes have you. there is no Accuracy boosting ability that the Strike can use only one that drops evasion by 20% but it is extremely rarely taken by any one and even with 20% drop that 79% still is 59% miss chance or 69% is still 49% or 49 is still 29%. If you take that one that drops evasion by 20% you can not take Servo Gammers and if you do take it all they have to do is out run you for 20 second don't use their evasion moves just run and then come back with their evasion moves up meaning its useless against the pilots I am talking about.
The star guard is my second ship, and I don't even bother with that cheap tricks known as gunships and pikes.

Your weapons have accuracy boosts in their upgrade tree no? IC has one first teir. And I was giving you a list of things to counter with. As for scouts outrunning you, well no frigging kidding they are paper ships did think they are supposed to be slow?

Quote:
Concussives only pierce 30% shield Proton torps have a 100% shield and armor Peirce and only do 860 Damage that is not a one shot you will live through that, it also takes 4 seconds to Lock on and only has a 12 degree firing Arc. Upgraded distortion field breaks missiles locks and so does LoS and so does range and so does retro thrusters.
PTorps have what 20% crit chance? And they crit for like what? MY ENTIRE HULL. And all your posts can be solved by nerfing distortion field not scouts (I don't run distortion, I run quick charge for the engine bonus)

Concussion still does 30% to hull and completely wreck my shields leaving me vulnerable.

Quote:
Only the first strike has access to Ion Cannons and again with the evasion of the pilots I am talking about a good 80% of those shots aren't landing, by the time one lands you are already dead.
The second strike is a long range missile ship if your trying to close quarters dogfight with it your going to be wrecked, its like trying to melee on a commando.

Strike power comes from their heavy weapons, you don't have to track your targets you just blow them out of the sky. Scouts are a pure dogfighter, we have to track and follow targets, so if you die us you died because you got outplayed.
Crinn

Retro_Chrome
12.12.2013 , 08:45 AM | #24
I do not believe that any class is OP including scouts. what i believe is that GSF in general has a much higher learning curve than the rest of the game. I also believe that it is far to early to say one class is more OP than another since it is a very rare person that actually is really good! i suggesst that before we call any class OP we should all L2P alot better. this isnt a slam against anyone so to speak this is based on the fact that even to this day, and i have played ALOT of GSF, that i still learn new tricks and ways to do better on my ship of choice.

I think it is far to early and the learning curve is far to steep to make a judgement call on whether or not a class of ship is OP or not
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

Oteefo
12.12.2013 , 08:50 AM | #25
Every ship is OP = they are rather well balanced......

Stop writing novels and just play the game.....
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 08:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Oteefo View Post
Stop writing novels and just play the game.....
But what else am I supposed to do between lectures?
Crinn

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 08:58 AM | #27
The star guard is my second ship, and I don't even bother with that cheap tricks known as gunships and pikes.

Your weapons have accuracy boosts in their upgrade tree no? IC has one first teir. And I was giving you a list of things to counter with. As for scouts outrunning you, well no frigging kidding they are paper ships did think they are supposed to be slow?

PTorps have what 20% crit chance? And they crit for like what? MY ENTIRE HULL. And all your posts can be solved by nerfing distortion field not scouts (I don't run distortion, I run quick charge for the engine bonus)

Concussion still does 30% to hull and completely wreck my shields leaving me vulnerable.

The second strike is a long range missile ship if your trying to close quarters dogfight with it your going to be wrecked, its like trying to melee on a commando.

Strike power comes from their heavy weapons, you don't have to track your targets you just blow them out of the sky. Scouts are a pure dogfighter, we have to track and follow targets, so if you die us you died because you got outplayed.
Clearly don't know a thing about a strike class. Ion's are the ONLY weapon with an accuracy buff and its only 6% that's not going to do squat against what we are talking about especially since its accuracy and range aren't great to begin with (hint same range as your "dog fighting types" and have to do the same thing a scout has to do in close range)

PT only get a 10% chance to crit, if some on manages to get a 4 second lock-on on you with these things you got out played. Same can be said for Concussive missles its do easy to break missile locks that if they get one off you got out maneuvered/ out played.

Strike's don't have to track their targets......? Seriously you don't know how to play a Strike the only 2 different lasers a strike gets that a scout doesn't are Heavy laser cannons and Ion Cannons everything else is exactly the same, the Second scout can get quads and all the other weapons are 4k meter close range weapons all requiring the same skill to fire and hell with LESS maneuverability and Speed in a strike so some one landing a Ion cannon shot on you is playing more skillfully then you landing a Rapid fire laser on them same range, less maneuverability, less speed and less rate of fire and more energy consumption. You have it the other way around, if you are dieing to a strike you got out-played.

Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 09:06 AM | #28
Clearly don't know a thing about a strike class. Ion's are the ONLY weapon with an accuracy buff and its only 6% that's not going to do squat against what we are talking about especially since its accuracy and range aren't great to begin with (hint same range as your "dog fighting types" and have to do the same thing a scout has to do in close range)

PT only get a 10% chance to crit, if some on manages to get a 4 second lock-on on you with these things you got out played. Same can be said for Concussive missles its do easy to break missile locks that if they get one off you got out maneuvered/ out played.

Strike's don't have to track their targets......? Seriously you don't know how to play a Strike the only 2 different lasers a strike gets that a scout doesn't are Heavy laser cannons and Ion Cannons everything else is exactly the same, the Second scout can get quads and all the other weapons are 4k meter close range weapons all requiring the same skill to fire and hell with LESS maneuverability and Speed in a strike so some one landing a Ion cannon shot on you is playing more skillfully then you landing a Rapid fire laser on them same range, less maneuverability, less speed and less rate of fire and more energy consumption. You have it the other way around, if you are dieing to a strike you got out-played.
you obviously don't know jack-didly-squat about anything other than distortion field.
I take your one of those sods that does nothing but try to close quarters dogfight with me? You want to get a head to head with me, you will lose the maneuver game period, if you think a strike should be able to win the maneuver game against a paper scout your just being thick.

Also Stikes have 2x the armor and 2x the shields than a scout, that's your compensation. And your weapons hit harder period. You have your advantages I have mine, not stop trying to play your strike like a flashfire.

I have stated before the class that is the least threat to scouts are other scouts. A good strike is far more trouble to me than a scout, because I can keep a scout from getting enough contact time to burn me but a strike requires just seconds of contact time to kill me.

Strikes should look for opportunities to blindside burst a scout, you never going to win a protracted 1v1 dogfight at close quarters.
Crinn

wishihadaname
12.12.2013 , 09:14 AM | #29
To the OP. Cry some more. And when you're done, go look over the abilities your striker has that every scout pilot is drooling about. You have harder hitting weapons, better shields, comparable turning if you spec for it.

The baseline scout is a snub fighter who specializes in recon and ambush, if you die to a blackbolt or a novadive its entirely your fault, especially in a striker. They're on your 6? Start weaving, power shields, be ready to hit engine maneuvers to evade our crappy missiles which you could absorb with you shield anyways. Got hit with a sab probe? What were you doing for the 5 seconds that I was locking that on to you? While you're at it, pick up a companions that can blow out 40% of a targets engine pool then power your own engines and bugger out, the scout won't catch you going 40% slower and with 40% less power. Want to give a scout pilot heart attacks? Start locking missiles on them and then just hold it there and watch them waste their defensive abilities. When they are out, re lock and blow them up with one missile. See them pop distortion? quit shoting, you're not gonna hit. It only lasts 3 seconds anyways. And evasion does nothing to counter missiles so if you really hate scouts get some cluster missiles, upgrade them, and take out scouts with 2 2 second locks. Here is another pro-tip, get in close before firing your missile if you actually intend to fire. It gives them less room to run and less time to pop an engine ability. Basically L2P.

Same deal against the more advanced scout except these have more DCD's and more punch. Thing is though, you can still evade them for quite a while. I suggest you look up some classic dogfighting maneuvers and practice pulling them without engine abilities. For example, learn to barrel roll. If you roll to the side while also making a slow circle in the middle of your screen with the cursor you will do a corkscrew which makes you very hard to hit from the front. Increase the radius of the corkscrew if attacked from the rear. If you have a wingman, have him shut off his engine, boost by him, then slow down yourself and power shields. If he's any good he'll blow that scout off your arse in a hurry. Another thing you can do is learn to hump obstacles, power your shields and get into some tight quarters, a good scout will keep pace but trying to line up a shot is a nightmare while flying around node C in lost shipyards for example.

GSF is arguably the most balanced content ever released in SWTOR. Level doesn't matter, gear doesn't matter, latency/team composition doesn't matter, there are almost no bugs and no "I win" skills. The only things that matter are 1) you skill as a pilot 2) Your coordination as a member of a team 3) Your spacial awareness 4) Your time invested into your ship(s) of choice. Anyone can get good at GSF by putting in some effort and using their head. So FFS sake quit crying for nerfs, this isn't warzones, this isn't based on clicked abilities and you can't nerf skill so learn to play and quit crying on the forums.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 09:15 AM | #30
you obviously don't know jack-didly-squat about anything other than distortion field.
I take your one of those sods that does nothing but try to close quarters dogfight with me? You want to get a head to head with me, you will lose the maneuver game period, if you think a strike should be able to win the maneuver game against a paper scout your just being thick.

Also Stikes have 2x the armor and 2x the shields than a scout, that's your compensation. And your weapons hit harder period. You have your advantages I have mine, not stop trying to play your strike like a flashfire.

I have stated before the class that is the least threat to scouts are other scouts. A good strike is far more trouble to me than a scout, because I can keep a scout from getting enough contact time to burn me but a strike requires just seconds of contact time to kill me.

Strikes should look for opportunities to blindside burst a scout, you never going to win a protracted 1v1 dogfight at close quarters.
Clearly don't know a thing I use all ranged weapons I am talking about scouts that are unkillable if you are flying directly into their face starting at 9KM out or scouts that you can get on the tail of starting at 7km out and not being able to land a single shot thanks to insane evasion stats granted by CD's. I am not using those Short range weapons that you "fear" because that's what Ion Cannons are they are short weapons you are the one suggesting to fight in close and then when I tell you doing that will just get one killed you are assuming I am doing so and saying well DUH.... stupid your the one that suggested it and was complaining about it. My weapons don't hit harder, yours Do both classes have the same weapons but a scout actually has access to damage boosting abilities. With the damage boosting abilities it doesn't matter that I have 50% more shields or Armor because you do double damage. If you aren't using Distortion shields that is your own fault for not using the most OP shields in the game.

If I were not flying a strike the way it was meant to be flown I would not average 8-16 kills a match and I would not average 25-50k damage a match with 50% accuracy. You speak of things you know nothing about.

Edit: NVM when all of you actually run into a good scout let me know enjoy knowing scouts will forever have top leader boards top kills and least deaths when played to their fullest if you get killed by a strike in a scout you got out played period and the records will always show just that.