Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

branmakmuffin
12.11.2013 , 02:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
So now you're dictating to people how to role play properly?
I'm not telling you how to play the game. I'm telling you that if your "RP" is more about the pixels than your imagination, you are not RPing. But it's your sub, you can play the game however you want.

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
I'm not telling you how to play the game. I'm telling you that if your "RP" is more about the pixels than your imagination, you are not RPing. But it's your sub, you can play the game however you want.
Any i'm telling you that my role playing is a combination of my character appearance and also my imagination, role playing for you may just be only imagination, and I never said it's more about pixels than imagination, so stop assuming. And exactly, i can play the game however i want.

Klarick
12.11.2013 , 02:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. Also, we had not yet launched the Collections UI, which is especially helpful for items such as limited event items.

However, with that being said... It is our intention that after this run we will embargo the Life Day items and that they will not be returning again. Like all things, that is subject to change but currently our plan is that after this year these Life Day items will go into retirement!

-eric
Im dissapointed as well. Lazy is, as lazy does. This was lazy. You guys reskin EVERYTHING for resale, yet you decided not to even do that.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

gorstram
12.11.2013 , 03:01 PM | #24
Woah, I've never seen a thread be deleted and then come back. IT'S THE GIGA-NECRO!
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Turelus
12.11.2013 , 03:07 PM | #25
I hardly feel it's a bad thing to have the same items come back during a holiday period.
I missed the chance to get these items last holiday season so looked forward to their return this year so I can purchase them again, the items will always be valuable for 11 months of the year because new players who were not around during the holiday period will sign up and buy them on the GTN.

New items are not a bad thing but the permanent removal of items which are listed in a collection screen is. Why would a player want to sign up to a game where he can never complete his collections because he was unlucky enough to sign up a month late.

Maybe I am wrong with how I feel but it seems that never bringing these items (or others from the Cartel Market) back in the future isn't a great way to make people want to join the game. I feel the same about the mini-pets which you can only obtain via buying Cartel Coins from Amazon.com, a site which wont let most people outside the US purchase form making it US only items.
The Progenitor - EU - RP
The Turelus Legacy: Tonantus, Trepkos, Taja & Turelus

Knockerz
12.11.2013 , 03:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
Clearly you didn't read the small print. You are mocking me for wanting to be unique? I get my entertainment out of being unique. I wouldn't mock people who want to be boring and unoriginal, like you.

And again, I was expecting another "dont like it dont play it" response from people like you.
Unique items should cost a lot of money. Like the spectral tiger from wow usually costing around 500-1000 or Tyrael Hilt that sells for over 1k on ebay. Actually, you find that the more unique or exclusive an items is the more expensive it will cost. That's why you don't see a Ferrari every day. BW should add an item that cost hundreds of dollars.

As for Life of Day returning, big deal. Every company that has Holiday events that are tied to the cash shop always bring the event back each year. Usually, they add a few new items, but they some times don't.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Taratahi
12.11.2013 , 03:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. Also, we had not yet launched the Collections UI, which is especially helpful for items such as limited event items.

However, with that being said... It is our intention that after this run we will embargo the Life Day items and that they will not be returning again. Like all things, that is subject to change but currently our plan is that after this year these Life Day items will go into retirement!

-eric
I'll hold you to that Eric next year Eric! God have mercy on your soul if I see you at Gamescom Cantina tour 2015!

Rafaman
12.11.2013 , 03:14 PM | #28
Ah, the forums. It's is a lovely schizophrenic place.

ZETA_SCORPII
12.11.2013 , 03:19 PM | #29
There should have been a small difference from last year's items imo. Both sides have valid arguments and I know what it's like spending hundreds of dollars and millions of credits chasing "unique" items only to see the market flooded with them again. What can you do in the end though? Can't please everyone.

Alec_Fortescue
12.11.2013 , 03:21 PM | #30
Subject to change.

So I wouldn't believe in a word the yellow letters are saying ;]

Expect to find the same stuff for the third time next year.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.