Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
12.14.2013 , 07:23 AM | #111
Typical MMO forum nonesense.

Player A complains. Player B retorts. Devs answer. Player C complains about dev post. Everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

We have seen that embargoed means not sold for a while. Some cartel packs have been brought back as well atm. If you choose to pay millions for something on the basis of an assumption, the risk is yours.

On the other hand it's not so hard to make millions now so big friggin deal. The fact that people get a second chance for their collections and achievements is a nice thing for them to do. Stop hating on that. It's silly.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG

Rhalius
12.14.2013 , 07:28 AM | #112
Couldnt care less for the holiday crap.

I'd rather see them release the first pack of the next cartell shipment before christmas. Now that would make my holiday.
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

OddballEasyEight
12.14.2013 , 07:46 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Typical MMO forum nonesense.

Player A complains. Player B retorts. Devs answer. Player C complains about dev post. Everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

We have seen that embargoed means not sold for a while. Some cartel packs have been brought back as well atm. If you choose to pay millions for something on the basis of an assumption, the risk is yours.

On the other hand it's not so hard to make millions now so big friggin deal. The fact that people get a second chance for their collections and achievements is a nice thing for them to do. Stop hating on that. It's silly.
Especially since they have always stated that they were embargoed for an "unknown time"... they wouldn't have mentioned that unless they planned on bringing them back later.
But some people only read embargo (and didn't fully grasp the meaning of the word) and thought they'd make millions...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Icebergy
12.14.2013 , 08:22 AM | #114
Last year, McDonalds had the McRib and they told me it was limited time only, but then this year they had the McRib again!!!!!

*** LAZY MCDONALDS DEVS STOP RECYCLING CONTENT OR I QUIT ALSO GIVE ME MORE FREE STUFF BECAUSE I AM A CUSTOMER AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

DarthVengeant
12.14.2013 , 08:34 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event. [/SIZE]
Maybe stop playing video games to use at as a way to gloat and shove your ego around? I really could care less if everyone had things or didn't. The point of a game is to have FUN, and if everyone having a black/green saber crystal is fun...then so be it. If everyone having Lifeday items is fun, GOOD. I don't play games to act elitist and show off like a child. I personally can't stand that kind of attitude, nor can I stand the "rare item" minded people. I don't play video games to horde items just to sell in a make believe market to get millions of make believe credits.

Personally, the Lifeday stuff is all ugly garbage (like 90% of all the armor in this game) and nothing I would ever use. But, I don't begrudge people who like it and want to get it, again this year. It doesn't effect my life either way.

Durban_Monkey
12.14.2013 , 08:40 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by IStillWantMySWG View Post
I kno wat attention means tyvm. I graduated from Harvard law. Oh and if u were as intelligent as ur trying to make yourself appear tobe, EAware has removed more pvp systems than actually added. Yes its fact theyve added onto pvp, but we've been getting shafted more and more and now our player-base is on life support due to their incompetence.

Yea pvp guilds are not even the closest at being even one of the biggest guild. Ranked wzs were removed so try again.

Something many defenders here are prone to displaying

Idc if i am or if im not impressing u. I'm not trying to impress any1 here. I'm just a professional analyst in the mmo industry giving my critiques. Don't liek them? Well l2ignore_function.
for the love of god, stop lying to yourself. Your family is going to have you committed. There is no way in hell that you graduated from Harvard Law with that display of piss poor grammar and the large number of typo's. at best, you have received a GED (w / honors)

so what kind of analyst are you, considering there's various types...come on, wow us with your degree in BS and your doctorates in Living a Fantasy.

chaharbagh
12.15.2013 , 10:11 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Agreed. A subscription should entitle (yes, entitle) you to have access to all game content. I have been a subscriber for a very long time (and I already had the Life Day gear), but I think a new subscriber who signs up today should be able to get all the Achievements and a full Collection.

Otherwise we are asking players to sign up for the same sub as the rest of us, but with an ever increasing amount of inaccessible content. That doesn't seem fair to me.
A sage statement. I agree that each and every individual that hears the word "entitle" needs to know what it denotes rather than what it connotates.

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:19 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Maybe stop playing video games to use at as a way to gloat and shove your ego around? I really could care less if everyone had things or didn't. The point of a game is to have FUN, and if everyone having a black/green saber crystal is fun...then so be it. If everyone having Lifeday items is fun, GOOD. I don't play games to act elitist and show off like a child. I personally can't stand that kind of attitude, nor can I stand the "rare item" minded people. I don't play video games to horde items just to sell in a make believe market to get millions of make believe credits.

Personally, the Lifeday stuff is all ugly garbage (like 90% of all the armor in this game) and nothing I would ever use. But, I don't begrudge people who like it and want to get it, again this year. It doesn't effect my life either way.
the phrase is couldn't care less.

And cool, thanks for sharing your opinion. if you think someone who tries to make their character look unique in a game is an elitist, then im sorry but thats just pure communism. Personally i cant stand your kind of attitude "hurr durr you want to look cool and have rare items and look unique?! OMG ELITIST OMG!"

You're obviously butthurt about something.

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:21 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Agreed. A subscription should entitle (yes, entitle) you to have access to all game content. I have been a subscriber for a very long time (and I already had the Life Day gear), but I think a new subscriber who signs up today should be able to get all the Achievements and a full Collection.

Otherwise we are asking players to sign up for the same sub as the rest of us, but with an ever increasing amount of inaccessible content. That doesn't seem fair to me.
So you think that new subscribers are entitled to receive the rewards from the first event and they should also be given the Founder title even though they weren't there to get the founder title?

It's seems a lot of people on this thread have never played an MMO before.

Arkerus
12.15.2013 , 10:31 PM | #120
There are people digging through trash bins this Christmas to find a meal and this guy complains about fake snowballs in a pretend online world. So ridiculous it almost can't be real. So sad that it is.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY