Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

31 Point talent tree? For real?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
31 Point talent tree? For real?

Xurk
12.22.2011 , 04:07 PM | #21
every one of these "mmos" you are talking about are northing more than ripoffs of GURPS.

viva la 1970!
~~
In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

OorahDoc
12.22.2011 , 04:10 PM | #22
WoW originally had 51 point talent trees. Just saying.

Uhuru
12.22.2011 , 04:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Flysparks View Post
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#f

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601.1

Sorry. I forgot the only people who read the forums are uneducated and can't recognize explicit grievances, instead choosing to ramble and spout irrelevant nonsense.

3 talent trees. 31 tiers. Many identical talents. Equals: lackluster, unoriginal--I'll even go so far as to say shameful--game design by the successor.
/sigh

Hyperbole much?

I love the system, you hate it. I will continue to play the game and enjoy it. You will continue to hate on it then eventually quit. Those who stay will be better off without you.

Did I miss anything?

Gotevil
12.22.2011 , 04:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kclemens View Post
Shut up.
Agreed

Meatfark
12.22.2011 , 04:11 PM | #25
I could have sworn WoW was planning to get rid of the bloated talent trees soon because even Blizzard admitted that they're a design flaw.

This game is going to look silly after that.

Lord_Itharius
12.22.2011 , 04:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Flysparks View Post
It's one thing to claim that all MMOs will have strikingly similar combat. I'll grant that statement. But the blatant copy of the World of Warcraft specialization system was not necessary, unique, or courteous to your players or Blizzard Activision. I played WoW for 6 years and have quit playing for roughly a year. In addition to my previous enjoyment of Bioware games, the differences between SWTOR and WoW the dev's highlighted up to release were encouraging and exciting. However, upon opening day I realize this is really just WoW in a star wars skin with more engaging storyline. This belief was absolutely set in stone and framed upon reaching level 10 and seeing the talent trees of my character for the first time. Absolutely R I D I C U L O U S.
Congratulations for complaining about something we've all known about as a standard feature for years.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

SunwindIon
12.22.2011 , 04:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
You are aware that WoW was not the first MMO or online RPG to use a level based talents system right?
Hell, ragnarok-bloody-online had it.

OorahDoc
12.22.2011 , 04:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Meatfark View Post
I could have sworn WoW was planning to get rid of the bloated talent trees soon because even Blizzard admitted that they're a design flaw.

They're having to tweak their talent system because of the new level cap.

Lord_Itharius
12.22.2011 , 04:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Meatfark View Post

No, Blizzard will look silly after implementing their new talent system. It further simplifies classes into cookie cutter builds by only have a few tiers of "perks" to choose from, most of which are obviously meant for tanking/healing, dps, or pvp.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Acaulescent
12.22.2011 , 04:13 PM | #30
What I gained a level? WoW clone.
Lieutenant Commander Acaulescent
The Imperial Guard

http://www.imperialguard.org