Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Self Destruct Penalty

Beowulfxx
12.10.2013 , 10:30 AM | #1
I've played over 100 matches since GSF came out and I am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive ONE self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after..

TUXs
12.10.2013 , 10:48 AM | #2
Get over it. It's a non-issue. Wining the match isn't all about your kill stats.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Beowulfxx
12.10.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
It's poor sportsmanship. Plain and simple. If someone spends the time fighting another only to have the other take the easy way out it's just poor behavior.
Thank you for your insightful and compelling comment.

Zoom_VI
12.10.2013 , 10:54 AM | #4
Self-destruct gives the opposing team a point.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

renegadeimp
12.10.2013 , 10:58 AM | #5
Poor sportsmanship? Its a space battle in a video game where the team does anything to win. It seems that you are more concerned with your own end stats than helping your team win.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Grayseven
12.10.2013 , 10:58 AM | #6
It is also quite possible that they aren't doing it on purpose but are trying to get away and use objects as cover and misjudging their turns...I've done it.

Even if my ship is a smoking wreck one shot away from oblivion, I keep on keeping on. I've finished matches with a flaming wreck and I'm not afraid to do it again.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Phrase
12.10.2013 , 11:31 AM | #7
The simple solution, ofc, is to kill them before they have a chance to self-destruct.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Sangrar
12.10.2013 , 11:57 AM | #8
dude, few if any people are that crazy. I accidently self-destruct when attempting to escape, many times i do a barrel roll just to have it blow up in my face, or rather plow into an asteroid by accident.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Phantasym
12.10.2013 , 02:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
It is also quite possible that they aren't doing it on purpose but are trying to get away and use objects as cover and misjudging their turns...I've done it.

Even if my ship is a smoking wreck one shot away from oblivion, I keep on keeping on. I've finished matches with a flaming wreck and I'm not afraid to do it again.
This is extremely likely, when I have shields and full hull I don't try to make crazy maneuvers the same way I do when I am in the red with constant missile beeps and incoming lasers, I cant afford to take even one of the small missiles then so I try to work through the smallest areas at the top speed to break these locks or crash my pursuers, often them this results in my own death since even a slight clip of an object kills you if you are badly damaged.

Zardac_the_Great
12.10.2013 , 03:00 PM | #10
I have self destructed twice, I believe. Both times were accidental.

My last match, however, sported two imps that destructed before I killed them. I finished that match with zero kills and a bunch of assists. I suppose it balances out.

It is annoying, but not really much else.