Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

GaiusLittleBoots
12.19.2013 , 05:42 AM | #31
Do these online petitions ever actually work? Actually curious...

S_W_LeGenD
12.19.2013 , 07:51 AM | #32
What is the point of making KoTOR 3?

The stories of KoTOR 1 and KoTOR 2 have been effectively linked with those of SWTOR; Revan ends up imprisoned and Meetra is killed but returns as a Ghost; next confrontation between Jedi and Sith takes place 300 years later.

SWTOR features 8 stories, isn't this enough?

KoTOR 3 seems to be improbable project in the light of SWTOR; it makes more sense to petition the authorities to COMPLETE the stories of the playable characters of SWTOR with big expansions of playable content for each in the near future. I would like to see what becomes of Sith Emperor and his Empire.

If Revan's novel is to converted to a game, this game shouldn't be an RPG but like TFU or similar.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Jathor
01.04.2014 , 07:35 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
I'd rather Obsidian make KOTOR 3 but they'd have to get the license first.
This.

FabulaeGraecae
01.04.2014 , 02:51 PM | #34
I do wonder why Bioware bent towards the traditional MMO. For all the talk of this being different, they hammered star wars IP into MMO form (see some jedi who cant use their light sabers effectively/have few force powers). Perhaps there still would not be calls for a KOTOR 3 if they kept some of the elements that made you feel like a whole Jedi in KOTOR rather than some specialized piece. Is it so crazy to believe there is another way to incorporate combat and story other than the trinity such that this game could pacify the calls for a Kotor 3?

TheOwnerest
01.04.2014 , 07:18 PM | #35
Disney's reply:

"Lol no."

Aurbere
01.04.2014 , 09:05 PM | #36
The novel Revan may as well be considered KOTOR 3.

*shudders*
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

wilsonstone
01.05.2014 , 01:25 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOwnerest View Post
Disney's reply:

"Lol no."
That'd be even funnier if had used a Grumpy Cat meme.

LordGarmaZabi
01.05.2014 , 02:58 PM | #38
I, for one, am glad we got TOR. I like playing with other people, i like the different stories and different perspectives, I like the replay value. KOTOR 3 would have been the JK story with bastardized versions of the other Pub classes as companions, and bastardized versions of the Imp classes as bosses. Also, you'd get to become the Emperor in the end if you were evil.
Sieg Zeon !

RTCBrad
01.06.2014 , 10:59 AM | #39
To be honest BioWare created one of the most iconic Star Wars characters ever in Revan, sadly since then all they have done is ruin the character, and this game has utterly destroyed him.

They took what could have been the greatest star wars video game series and turned it into an MMO.

I can't even say enough how much I think they destroyed Revan, and Meetra to some extent although she was never an iconic Star Wars character. I would love for them to just retcon everything that happened after KOTOR 2 and do it again but do it properly. Give Obsidian the rights to KOTOR 3 and let them try to fix this mess, after this debacle I wouldn't trust this particular arm of BioWare to do KOTOR 3 any justice at all.

Hell even after the Revan novel it wasn't in such a bad state. I still hope they make up some excuse for him surviving and finally come up with something that does justice to arguably one of the most liked characters in star wars.

rameyjt
01.06.2014 , 12:16 PM | #40
KOTOR 3 would be kind of cool but like people have said SWTOR is basically an MMO KOTOR. Disney is already making more money off of this game than they are spending on it that's why SWTOR is still up and running. If you want a new Star Wars game, http://www.battlefronthq.com bam Battlefront 3 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC running off of Frostbite 3. Expected release date...2015.