Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

JeffrenBrek
12.12.2013 , 02:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Well, there's thousands of Sith Forces in utter chaos, running round killing whatever, as they're lacking a leader, A Jedi Council to be reconstructed... Plenty of stuff
Where do these thousands of Sith come from? I'm not sure which Sith you are referring to.

As for the second point, I don't think you can make an interesting plot about reconstructing the Jedi Council, or indeed the order.

Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
And the galaxy is always full of civil wars and sinister plots, plenty of things that could make a great story without it having to be on an epic scale.
And if it has to be set between Kotor 2 and Swtor, well, there is 300 years of events that took place in between that - on thousands of planets.
Except that we know that there is no wars or galactic crisis between the Kotor 2 and this game.
Unless you want to make a game that revolves around a Jedi doing a bunch of ordinary police work, I don't see what could really happen to make an interesting game.

Callaron
12.12.2013 , 02:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
Except that we know that there is no wars or galactic crisis between the Kotor 2 and this game.
Unless you want to make a game that revolves around a Jedi doing a bunch of ordinary police work, I don't see what could really happen to make an interesting game.
I'm curious where you found this lore that claims there was a great era of peace that lasted three hundred years.
Heck, they could even set the game in the days of Satele Shan's youth, there was plenty of fighting going on back there before the treaty of Coruscant.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Selenial
12.12.2013 , 04:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
Where do these thousands of Sith come from? I'm not sure which Sith you are referring to.

As for the second point, I don't think you can make an interesting plot about reconstructing the Jedi Council, or indeed the order.
The Triumvirate was still in tact, Sion had his ships, there were Sith in other sectors.... They were left leaderless, like the Sith after Malak died.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Stinghen
12.13.2013 , 08:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The Triumvirate was still in tact, Sion had his ships, there were Sith in other sectors.... They were left leaderless, like the Sith after Malak died.
The Triumvirate is the left-over from Malak's empire. How powerful can the left-overs of the Triumvirate be? Besides, the Triumvirate was far from intact. They were far less numerous and powerful than Malak's Sith to begin with, and they suffered not one or two, but three majour setbacks - defeats on Onderon, Telos and Malachor V would've chopped the head and burned the body of the Triumvirate, leaving leaving few survivours, and of the least powerful, too.

KotOR 1 and 2 bled that source of Sith dry, trying to cook up a third game with that would be forcing the issue. A third KotOR could only relate to that mysterious Empire Revan set off to find, and indeed it is.

RaptorClown
12.13.2013 , 09:41 AM | #25
revan is still alive... who knows what future will give us maybe in 10years ; D...
pew pew meesa liking youssa

DaWaffle
12.16.2013 , 11:36 AM | #26
For Christ's sake people, get over it.

davracahan
12.16.2013 , 03:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RaptorClown View Post
revan is still alive... who knows what future will give us maybe in 10years ; D...
I could see a Revan game set after the events of TOR. Off on another adventure with a new ship and a new crew. Of course, if the game was an RPG, you couldn't really play as Revan. They like to let people choose their own characters for these things. But it could still be a Revan game, he could be the mentor character guiding you along the way.
"Oh yeah? Watch this!"

devilsgrin
12.16.2013 , 07:08 PM | #28
if it has to be before TOR... the Empire - Republic war, leading up to the events of the Sacking of Coruscant and the subsequent treaty.
If not before, then theres still 3500 years before the battle of yavin to flesh out... and still be called Knights of the Old Republic...

ImmortalLowlife
12.17.2013 , 02:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Speaking of unrealistic expectations... I genuinely can't tell if this was just deliberately absurd hyperbole...

Lol it was hyperbole

OAN

I wouldn't want a kotor 3 to do anything more than reference Revan. There's what....3500yrs between TOR & EP1. Make up a new conflict for the plot.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Stinghen
12.18.2013 , 06:00 AM | #30
Seeing KotOR 1 and 2, I honestly hope they don't stick their nose into the New Sith Wars, or the 1000-year blank slate before it.