Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

-Gorlock-
12.12.2013 , 07:10 AM | #11
Yes, KOTOR 1 is about you playing as Revan, and KOTOR 2 is about your playing as Mitra Surik and TOR is about several things but these all do go in chronological order.

Maybe for a KOTOR 3, it could be about Exar Kun/Qel Droma because technically they were around during the KOTOR era.

I may be wrong on some of the spelling and maybe some facts, correct me if I am wrong.

Fyurii
12.12.2013 , 09:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by -Gorlock- View Post
Yes, KOTOR 1 is about you playing as Revan, and KOTOR 2 is about your playing as Mitra Surik and TOR is about several things but these all do go in chronological order.

Maybe for a KOTOR 3, it could be about Exar Kun/Qel Droma because technically they were around during the KOTOR era.

I may be wrong on some of the spelling and maybe some facts, correct me if I am wrong.
That wouldn't be a KoTOR 3 though. It would be more like KoTOR: Episode 1.
Not to mention that they'd run the chance/risk of completely rewriting a lot of what happened in that time frame, as already exists in the Tales of The Jedi: Knights of The Old Republic comics.

There's probably also copyright issues they'd have to negotiatie, like with Nomi Sunrider not being called Nomi Sunrider in this game, instead having her maiden name of Da-boda.
She and her daughter Vima were supposed to be the central characters of a book that was cancelled last year, and was supposed to tie into events that directly lead up to the first KoTOR game.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Zerex_Kildron
12.12.2013 , 09:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
BINGO! You just won yourself 10 internets!

MY BOSS YELLED AT ME! I'm going to start a petition to get him fired!

I GOT CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC! I'm going to start a petition to get that guy's license revoked!

To be clear: I loved KOTOR1 and 2. This game IS, effectively, KOTOR3. Do you really think EA is going to pony up a ******** more cash so that Bioware could make the game that EA originally told them they weren't making?

How many signatures, exactly, do you think will change this huge, publically-held corporation's mind? Do they need to be stockholder signatures? How many shares much a given stockholder hold before his/her signature will matter?

Respect
{Order of Degonas} @TOFN
"The Rule of Two is what prevents the Sith from progression"
-Evskan "Drowning Moon" Jen'Jidai

JeffrenBrek
12.12.2013 , 12:07 PM | #14
What purpose would Kotor 3 serve? We already know what happens to Revan. I don't see anything remotely interesting that could possibly happen between Kotor 2 and TOR. At least nothing that would make the plot of TOR seem ridiculous.

It would be utterly pointless. During a potential Kotor 3 the basic plot would revolve around Revan trying to kill the Emperor and failing miserably. Yes, you can put in some other sub-plots that have absolutely no meaning whatsoever, but there really isn't anything else.

Callaron
12.12.2013 , 12:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
What purpose would Kotor 3 serve? We already know what happens to Revan. I don't see anything remotely interesting that could possibly happen between Kotor 2 and TOR. At least nothing that would make the plot of TOR seem ridiculous.

It would be utterly pointless. During a potential Kotor 3 the basic plot would revolve around Revan trying to kill the Emperor and failing miserably. Yes, you can put in some other sub-plots that have absolutely no meaning whatsoever, but there really isn't anything else.
It wouldn't have to be about Revan at all, Kotor 2 barely had any mention of him.
There's no reason the story couldn't be about new "Knights" of the Old Republic - even loading save games would be rather pointless, since both Revan and Meetra got fully canonized by Bioware.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

JeffrenBrek
12.12.2013 , 01:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
It wouldn't have to be about Revan at all, Kotor 2 barely had any mention of him.
There's no reason the story couldn't be about new "Knights" of the Old Republic - even loading save games would be rather pointless, since both Revan and Meetra got fully canonized by Bioware.
So, who or what would the game be about? The lore clearly says nothing noteworthy happened between Kotor 2 and this game. It would look rather stupid if they just added some major galactic crisis.

Selenial
12.12.2013 , 01:50 PM | #17
So, who or what would the game be about? The lore clearly says nothing noteworthy happened between Kotor 2 and this game. It would look rather stupid if they just added some major galactic crisis.
Spoiler
=Nothing noteworthy?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

JeffrenBrek
12.12.2013 , 02:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Spoiler
=Nothing noteworthy?
Since the post I quoted clearly said "it does not have to be around Revan" I excluded that.
Clearly that is noteworthy, but even if they use that as plot for Kotor 3, it would be fairly lame, no?

Not only do we know the ending, but what else can Revan do in Imperial Space that would make an interesting game? He clearly never gets to warn the Republic, nor does he do anything (except for that failing against the Emperor) that would make a great plot.

Selenial
12.12.2013 , 02:32 PM | #19
Since the post I quoted clearly said "it does not have to be around Revan" I excluded that.
Clearly that is noteworthy, but even if they use that as plot for Kotor 3, it would be fairly lame, no?

Not only do we know the ending, but what else can Revan do in Imperial Space that would make an interesting game? He clearly never gets to warn the Republic, nor does he do anything (except for that failing against the Emperor) that would make a great plot.
Well, there's thousands of Sith Forces in utter chaos, running round killing whatever, as they're lacking a leader, A Jedi Council to be reconstructed... Plenty of stuff
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Callaron
12.12.2013 , 02:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Well, there's thousands of Sith Forces in utter chaos, running round killing whatever, as they're lacking a leader, A Jedi Council to be reconstructed... Plenty of stuff
And the galaxy is always full of civil wars and sinister plots, plenty of things that could make a great story without it having to be on an epic scale.
And if it has to be set between Kotor 2 and Swtor, well, there is 300 years of events that took place in between that - on thousands of planets.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.