Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

Orlogg
12.27.2013 , 12:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by rynlath View Post
I agree about the cyborg, personally I think it was a cheap way to add another class without much work as it would have been to add an alien race. All the cyborg is, is a human face with a few things added to it
Yep. And it is especially weird this is considered a seperate race, because I think ALL >lvl20 players will have their implant slots equipped, which technically makes them a cyborg.

So:
  • Cyborgs are okay and potentially cool; they definitely belong in this game.
  • Yet, Cyborgs should not be a distinct playable race

Cause of action for BioWare:
  1. Give players of Cyborg characters an option (and a deadline) to turn into Humans (default), Chiss or any other truly biologically defined race, and give them a free Cyborg enhancement (or even a bunch of enhancements) as compensation. They remain Cyborgs, but now they're Human, Chiss, Twi'lek cyborgs etc.
  2. Add a Cyborg customization slot to all players (in the same tab where you can 'unify colors' and 'hide head slot item') and add a bunch of Cyborg customizations to the game, for sale and maybe as quest rewards.
  3. Add another playable race instead (preferably the Togruta because of popular demand; the lower tentacle things are no excuse: these can just be treated as long hair that falls over a char's shoulders)

I should make a new thread for this...

Saito_Hiraga
01.02.2014 , 04:07 PM | #32
2014 Just starting and Im already excited for the new updates...

Please Bioware! *waves his hand* You want to work on the Togruta for us...

BDSMKane
01.03.2014 , 10:34 PM | #33
I would also like to see the Togruta added, it would be my first choice for another new race. That being said, I've said as much before, as have hundreds of others, in previous threads such as this.

Mina
01.04.2014 , 10:15 PM | #34
The races I would like to see added most as playable:
Voss
Togruta
Kel Dor
Arkanian/Arkanian Off-Shoots

Also the Cyborg thing where any race can have cybernetic implants would definitely be something I would like to see as well.

JackWolfskin
01.05.2014 , 09:42 AM | #35
Rodian ftw.

Tuxymonkey
01.08.2014 , 04:12 PM | #36
2014 , year of the Togrutas .

I want to believe it ! >w<

MenofNumenor
01.08.2014 , 04:41 PM | #37
I'm hoping for Nautolans. Gotta love amphibians.

rynlath
01.08.2014 , 05:34 PM | #38
yes, I'd very much like to see Togruta and recently I just started on Voss and I think they'd be an excellent addition to the races, heck maybe even a wookie race would be really cool too! Voice over for the wookie should be easy you think since all you needs is a few roars and woofs and the rest is subtitled

Gundqr
01.08.2014 , 10:59 PM | #39
Just adding my voice for Togruta. Been wanting them for a LONG time.
Ghamora - 55 Powertech Akoni - 55 Comando
Thundagá - Sorcerer Leari - Sentinel
The Ebonheart Legacy